2009-09-14 TSC Call Minutes
From HL7 TSC
TSC - Technical Steering Committee
Monday, September 14, 2009 11:00 AM (US Eastern Time, GMT -5) To participate, dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 124466# GoToMeeting at https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/165215206 GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206
back to TSC Minutes and Agendas
- John Koisch
- Charlie Mead
- Gregg Seppala
Roll Call - The following individuals joined the call:
|x||Calvin Beebe||HL7 SSD SDemail@example.com|
|x||Woody Beeler||HL7 FTSDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jim Case||HL7 Ad-Hocemail@example.com|
|x||Marc Koehn||HL7 EA IP PMfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|John Koisch||HL7 ArBemail@example.com|
|x||Austin Kreisler||HL7 DESDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Lynn Laakso (scribe)||HL7 HQemail@example.com|
|x||Ken McCaslin||HL7 TSS SD||Kenneth.H.McCaslin@QuestDiagnostics.com|
|x||Charlie McCay (chair)||HL7 TSC Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Charlie Mead||HL7 ArB||Charlie.email@example.com|
|x||Ravi Natarajan||HL7 Affiliate||Ravi.Natarajan@nhs.net|
|x||John Quinn||HL7 CTOfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Gregg Seppala||HL7 SSD SDemail@example.com|
|Ioana Singureanu||HL7 FTSDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|x||Helen Stevens Love||HL7 TSS SDemail@example.com|
|x||Ed Tripp||HL7 DESD||Edward.firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Accept Agenda – agenda accepted
- Approve Minutes from 2009-08-31–unanimously approved
- Review action items – none this week
Standing Committee Reports/Approvals
- CEO Report – none available
- CTO Report
- John said he spent last week dealing with HL7 administrative issues. US ISO TAG meeting today and tomorrow, HITSP and ONC standards panel with Jaffe this week also, Thursday State of Virginia HIT standards panel advisory, Friday to Atlanta.
- EA IP Update:
- Three recommendations for projects that must be 'SAEAF-aware', and justification
- ITS R2
- CDA R3
- CDA IG
- Representation and Implementation of Reusable Constraint Patterns (Templates) in the HL7 V3 Methodology (PI 272)?
- Detailed Clinical Models (DCM) PI 320
- Common Observation Event Template (PI 434)
- Categories must include
- Really good examples (Implementation Guides)
- Basic components that everyone is going to use (RIM, ITS, CDA, Clinical Statement, Wrappers R2) as building blocks
- High-profile projects that we ‘sell’ such as CDA R2, RCRIM products.
- Marc says we’re Looking better; CTS2 committed to charter before Atlanta, ITS project committing, CHI working on one or two projects. This week trying to rope all committed parties into Q4 agenda presentations. Also discuss stability of SAEAF show the momentum of what we’ve kicked off. Project sessions organized with the ArB to work on specific efforts scheduled with early projects, may need to coordinate some time/space with new enrollees. Take that momentum and follow on after WGM to continue framework implementation.
- Charlie reminds that we have Q4 Saturday and Sunday evening to discuss also. Marc says he will be there. Charlie asks we need to devise our message on what have we learned from the alpha projects, and what do we need to do towards broader adoption and rollout.
- Ravi asks what the status is of the updated SAEAF book; John replies that the contract was let out, and the technical writers have been working on it a couple weeks. He hopes to see preliminary drafts at Atlanta WGM and have it done by end of year (2009). Ideally it would be best to have before Thanksgiving as volunteer time for review becomes scarce during the US holidays, to have ready by January WGM. Technical writing being done on IBM DITA platform.
- Marc leaves the call at this point.
- ArB Report – no report
- Affiliates Report – mail from Helen; affiliate agenda has identified items for TSC consideration.
- TSC should discuss on Saturday. Helen adds the affiliates’ agenda has specific time for technical issues discussion. Time is 11:35am to 12:30pm just before lunch. John asks to get the list of topics: Ravi will send to the TSC list. John is on the agenda at 9:40am. Ravi will reiterate in Atlanta that the affiliates need to be more explicit in their requirements of the TSC.
- TSC Related Topics Helen Stevens
- Certification of Products for/by HL7 0:10 11:35 - 11:45 Ravi Natarajan
- TSC National Initiatives Project - Discussion 0:10 11:45 - 11:55 Charlie McCay
- Action Plan for v2 and v3 strategy 0:10 11:55 - 12:05 Ed Hammond/ Charles Jaffe
- HL7 EHR-S Functional Model
- Introduction and Discussion of national approaches 0:10 12:05 - 12:15 John Ritter
- Vital Registration Domain Analysis Model
- Discussion of the existing USA Realm Model and solicit interest from non-USA members to develop UV model. 0.15 12:15 - 12:30
- Domain Experts –
- PHER: NHSN IG TSC Tracker 1117, Project Scope Statement
- Ken asks if the IG should be in line with current release of V2.x; Austin says it’s for HITSP which is currently focused on 2.5.1. Ken asks for a TSC opinion. John says there’s a separate issue that HL7 needs to address with HITSP on 2.6, backwards compatibility, etc. Realm-specificity seems appropriate. Charlie indicates the ArB should come up with a common framework for this. Project unanimously approved.
- For WGM - Project Approved by DESD for RCRIM: BRIDG DAM Project Scope Statement, at TSC Tracker 1312, address Q1 Saturday.
- Withdrawal of Notifiable Condition Report likely to be voted upon at Monday night Steering Division meeting, add to Tuesday lunch agenda. Needs to be done by November.
- PHER: NHSN IG TSC Tracker 1117, Project Scope Statement
- Foundation & Technology – no report; reminder from Woody we’re sweating quorum for ballots. Only 12 hours to go. Please remind your groups to vote.
- Structure & Semantic Design – no report
- Technical & Support Services – no report
- Motion: to approve the TSC Work Group Visibility Project: PSSat TSC Tracker 997: TSC Work Group Visibility project proposal
- efforts rolled into HL7 Project Insight Review and Cleanup with PSC
- Review Work Group Health - how do we wish to use this information?
- Unanimously approved by committee, will send to cochairs for circulation before formal approval. Email vote was unsuccessful; perhaps talk about how to make that more effective at the WGM.
- Three-year planning state used for projects coming up, not ready for formal project scope statement, planning for future DSTU expiration. Withdrawal of standard required a project scope statement because it had to go to ballot.
- Add a count of the subscribers to the listserv for each committee.
- What is the leverage that HL7 can use to better these groups. How will we identify which work groups and which projects are being really productive, that HL7 should be marketing, using to attract new members? Do we want to recommend they merge with other work groups – Anesthesiology with CIC, for instance? The discussion is best held at the steering division. Despite the stats being shared for a year, we’re not getting feedback so Austin and Ed are going to their Work Groups directly.
- Questions for the Advisory Committee? Conference call is tomorrow. None at this time; we can talk about at the WGM. Maintain as a standing agenda item.
- TSC Tracker 745: HQ to explore cost of providing secretarial support to the WGs - comments or feedback on the plan for HQ offering secretarial support to the WGs. Karen has suggested we let the WGs apply for the admin support, and tell us what they plan to accomplish with the admin support (which projects are they working on and is the goal to go to ballot before the next WGM, etc).
- Austin and Ken indicated that they would want the TSC to evaluate the requests and prioritize them according to work group health, or by strategic priority projects? Austin says do we allocate the resource to the unhealthy work groups or the productive ones? Ken thinks to the productive ones. Calvin is inclined to apply to the priority projects, within strategic direction. Ed agrees to that approach. TSC to look at the Roadmap alignment Q1 at WGM. Austin suggests we be more careful than just to broadcast the offer; perhaps we offer this support only to the SAEAF projects. Charlie tables the discussion to Saturday.
Develop agenda for 2009SeptWGM
- Very full agenda.
- Important that people come prepared for the agenda items.
- See you in Atlanta!