2009-09-22 TSC WGM Minutes

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Tuesday Luncheon for 2009 September WGM

back to TSC Minutes and Agendas

Tuesday September 22, 12:30 – 1:30 PM Atlanta 1

Call to order 12:47 PM

Roll Call:

At Name Affiliation Email Address
x Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD cbeebe@mayo.edu
x Woody Beeler HL7 FTSD woody@beelers.com
x Ed Hammond HL7 Board Chair hammo001@mc.duke.edu
x Stan Huff Intermountain Healthcare stan.huff@imail.org
x Marc Koehn HL7 EA IP PM marc.koehn@gpinformatics.com
x Austin Kreisler HL7 DESD austin.j.kreisler@saic.com
x Lynn Laakso (scribe) HL7 HQ lynn@hl7.org
x Ken McCaslin HL7 TSS SD Kenneth.H.McCaslin@QuestDiagnostics.com
x Charlie McCay (chair) HL7 TSC Chair charlie@ramseysystems.co.uk
x Charlie Mead HL7 ArB Charlie.mead@booz.com
x Ravi Natarajan HL7 Affiliate Ravi.Natarajan@nhs.net
x John Quinn HL7 CTO jquinn@hl7.org
x Gregg Seppala HL7 SSD SD gregg.seppala@va.gov
Ioana Singureanu HL7 FTSD ioana@eversolve.com
x Helen Stevens Love HL7 TSS SD helen.stevens@shaw.ca
x Ed Tripp HL7 DESD Edward.tripp@estripp.com
  • Additions to agenda: adding new member to ArB, per request to Canada Infoway
  • Agenda
    1. Meeting schedules and next conference call following WGM
      • No conference call Monday, next call in 11 days. Action item: Lynn to send message to listserv. Same meeting schedule next
    2. Project Approval: Withdrawal of ANSI/HL7 V3 RRNCR, R1-2004 HL7 Version 3 Standard: Public Health Reporting: Case Investigation Topic, Release 1 11/3/2004. Project Scope Statement at TSC Tracker #1100
      • Not distributed to cochairs yet, but approved by steering division last night. Motion for Austin to approve subject to no objections surfacing during cochair review. Woody seconds. Friendly amendment that we state the time frame of one week in the cochair notification subject title. Ravi notes with visibility project scope when a product is withdrawn how is that identified. That’s in the project life cycle. Motion unanimously approved.
    3. Tabled Motion Publication Request Approval: Vocabulary submits Common Terminology Services R2 for DSTU publication, see request at TSC Tracker # 1314
      • Occupied most of FTSD meeting last night, and discussion was well represented. DSTU not actually released to OMG yet, pending release to our DSTU publication site. Vocab will revise before release to OMG by mid-October. They will ask us to approve at that time. TSC will need to respond quickly at that time. Motion is withdrawn by John Quinn, second by Calvin. Unanimously approved.
      • Secondary issue: Vocab wanted a normative spec and have OMG adhere to that spec. OMG dates need to be deferred to allow time for normative spec.
    4. Project Approval: by DESD for RCRIM: BRIDG DAM - revised Project Scope Statement at TSC Tracker 1312 unanimously approved.
    5. Roadmap discussion continued: TSC interaction with Roadmap - brief by Calvin and Charlie Mead – deferred to next conference call with advance to the listserv.
    6. TSC Mission and Charter revision: wordsmithing by Helen (Lynn); Helen defers to next conference call.
    7. HSSP process review proposal
      • Follow on from CTS2 discussion and offer by Galen. Charlies and John should meet with Richard Soley to discuss but need to work out a time tomorrow (Wednesday). Would like to involve Christopher Chute but he’s not at the WGM. Woody feels the dates might be unreasonable. John suggests including Galen as well. Marc adds that PASS will have similar issues on changing decision making to move materials forward. John says that this needs to be resolved across the TSC and not just SOA WG. McCay suggests we scope out a TSC project. Lynn will need to be there too.
    8. Update from JIC Glossary project: SKMT has all new ISO NWIP items entered. How should HL7 engage with this activity?
      • Request to HL7 to put glossary items into the tool. This was handled by Publishing.
      • Tool also includes ability to register work items and documents. HL7 is trying to make our work items and documents more visible; do we want to use this tool, or continue with our wiki page. How do we want to move forward?
      • Ed Hammond notes this is a difficult task. Keeping information ‘by submission’ is poor. Provide linkage to Project Insight. We could try to extract from Project Insight and put it into SKMT but their form is different.
      • McCay says glossary and project extracts need to be had from our XML representations. The transformations need to be developed and they are not resourced.
      • Tripp asks what the value proposition is, here? Quinn says it’s better coordination to ISO. McCay says ISO mirror panels could see the HL7 activity but the panel he’s on doesn’t look at them. Quinn says the glossary items being more static is fine, but the project information is fairly dynamic. McCay notes it might serve for HL7 (Quinn and Lynn) to note new project proposals coming from ISO. Opportunities for those outside the SDO realm exist, says Hammond. McCay says getting the data in there is not so bad but if no one is going to use it why make the effort. There’s value if a WG wanted to know what similar activity is going on in ISO and CEN. We could assign a work group to every work item in ISO/CEN in the SKMT even if HL7 isn’t working on it themselves. Hammond notes that before every ISO meeting Audrey creates a spreadsheet with all groups, their projects and status, and we should provide a link to those documents. Woody notes that we can give them our glossary if we manage it ourselves but we don’t want to manage it through them. Publishing will proceed with our glossary cleanup and as they’re available will release them to the project, and find out from Heather what the XML transforms are.
    9. adding new member to ArB, per request to Canada Infoway
      • (Stan Huff joins). Charlie Mead notes that concerns have been surfacing regarding composition of the ArB such that they would like to include Canada Health Infoway (CHI). Ron Parker needed confirmation from Dennis Giokas. Dennis wants to add another architect from CHI. Would like to have Ron Parker as cochair of ArB. Helen notes under preponderance of influence that Patrick Loyd is under contract to CHI although he represents OO from a practical perspective. Is there conflict in preponderance of influence with that. Quinn says Koisch would be okay with relinquishing cochair status. McCaslin okay with preponderance of influence issue. Charlie Mead moves to add CHI architect to ArB and change cochair from Koisch to Parker. Second by Ken McCaslin. Motion Approved:6 affirmative (Woody, Austin, Ken, Charlie Mead, Ravi, John Quinn)/0 dissent/1 abstention by Calvin.
      • Next item: another architect, Andy Bond from Australia, willing to join and he would be a very valuable resource. Second by John Quinn. Unanimously approved.
    10. Helen adds that Monday night at cochairs dinner/meeting about publishing cycle for January 2011. Steering division is in full support of full balloting cycle, but tempered rules on the stale content withdrawal that was presented. That ballot would not count against the stale content calculation. Publishing committee still dealing with those impacts.

Adjourned at 1:36 PM.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.