2011-05-09 TSC Call Minutes

From HL7 TSC
(Redirected from 2011-05-09 TSC Call Agenda)
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 124466#
GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206

Date: 2011-05-09
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name Affiliation
x Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Woody Beeler HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
Bob Dolin HL7 Board Chair
x Tony Julian HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Austin Kreisler HL7 TSC Chair, DESD Co-Chair
x Lynn Laakso HL7 staff support
x Patrick Loyd HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
x Ken McCaslin HL7 TSS SD Co-Chair
Charlie Mead HL7 ArB Chair
x Ravi Natarajan HL7 Affiliate Representative
Ron Parker HL7 ArB Alternate
x John Quinn HL7 CTO
x Gregg Seppala HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Ed Tripp HL7 DESD Co-Chair
x Jay Zimmerman HL7 Affiliate Representative
x Brian Pech guest observer
x Rob Hausam Vocab co-chair


Quorum Requirements (Chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: (yes)

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2011-05-02 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Review action items
  5. Approval items:
  6. Discussion topics:
    • Strategic Initiatives Review comments from TSC– Bob Dolin
    • EA IP Closure Report for review of Alpha Project endeavor.
  7. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  8. WGM Planning – 387 registered (last day for online registration)
    • WGM Agenda review
    • Agenda time requests from Project Services/PMO for their usual update and overview of the PBS Metrics reports, from PIC for "Resource Directory", and from Security (John Moehrke) for "Security Cookbook"
  9. Open Issues List


Supporting Documents

  • See links

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Brian Pech, Rob Hausam
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler; agenda approved by general consent
  3. Approve Minutes of 2011-05-02 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Review action items
  5. Approval items:
    • Motion: Approve DSTU publication Request for OO of SSD SD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Orders; Substances CMETs, Release 10, at Project Insight # 626, TSC Tracker # 1910, for 24 months.
      • Ravi asks about the predicted timeline for the withdrawal of the negatives; Gregg doesn’t know the details but in reviewing the Ballot Tally there were 18 affirmatives needed to pass so it will have to be withdrawn. Gregg withdraws on their behalf and proceeds with the next one.
    • Motion: Approve DSTU publication Request for OO of SSD SD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Common Product Model CMETs, DSTU Update Release 10, at Project Insight # 625, TSC Tracker # 1911, for 24 months.
      • Ballot tally page also reviewed.
      • Vote: Gregg moves, Ed seconds to approve this publication request – unanimously approved.
      • Ravi asks how we can improve the process. ACTION ITEM: Lynn will update the form for the field for # needed for approval.
    • Tabled Motion: Approve project scope statement updated for Vocab of FTSD: Develop and publish best practices for vocabulary within Conformance profiles at Project Insight # 496, TSC Tracker # 1903, cosponsored by Implementation and Conformance WG.
      • Rob notes these have been around a long time, needed to be updated to allow us to leverage the ISO work for future guidance. Austin asks what the deliverable will be? The project is really just to review the ISO document, and it remains TBD what the outcome of the process. The success criteria also states approval and guidance as an informative HL7 document, but is dependent on the outcome of the review process. Calvin asks if additional work needs to be done then new project statements would be developed for those processes.
      • Rob makes an amendment to Success criteria
      • Ravi asks what WG within ISO TC215 this technical report belongs to? Rob wasn’t sure; John notes that TC 215 is reviewing their structure and the locations of things may be changing.
      • Austin asks if this needs to go back to the Vocab WG. Rob agrees it probably does. The ISO meeting follows our Orlando WGM so it could be brought back to the TSC at the 2011MayWGM.
      • Vote: Motion tabled to Orlando after WG and Steering Division review in Orlando, for TSC’s Tuesday luncheon meeting.
    • Tabled Motion: Approve project scope statement updated for Vocab: Develop and publish Principles & guidelines of Terminology Maintenance at Project Insight # 499, TSC Tracker # 1902.
      • Ravi asks about creation of HL7 valuesets from other sources such as SNOMED or LOINC or is this for HL7-specific terminology.
      • Tabled to Orlando pending WG and SD review.
    • Motion: Approve project scope statement for Publishing of T3SD for Version 2.8 Messaging Standard, at Project Insight ID #723, TSC Tracker # 1918
      • Ken moves, Tony seconds to accept PSS.
      • Vote: unanimously approved.
  6. Discussion topics:
    • Strategic Initiatives Review comments from TSC– we’ll go through it in Orlando; homework for the TSC members.
    • EA IP Closure Report for review of Alpha Project endeavor.
      • Motion by Woody, second by Ken to close the project.
      • unanimously approved
      • Woody moves to have the TSC thank Marc Koehn for agreeing to have been the Project Manager and retaining his involvement through the EAIP effort. Ken seconds.
      • Ken asks how we shall do this? A letter from the TSC chair, or other mechanism. Woody’s intent is to ensure that the gratitude is in the minutes and he can be informed by Lynn or anyone.
      • Vote: Unanimously approved.
      • Austin notes that the Architecture Program will look at this to see the lessons learned.
  7. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  8. WGM Planning – 387 registered (last day for online registration)
    • WGM Agenda review
      • No additions to the agenda for Orlando
    • Agenda time requests from Project Services/PMO for their usual update and overview of the PBS Metrics reports, from PIC for "Resource Directory" – we’ll look at that on Saturday, like a help-wanted section for volunteers. Ken notes that their presentation is a “pre-discovery” to ask if the request makes sense and get participation going down the road. Ken asks if someone from PIC should be there? He will reach out to the PIC co-chairs, since he can’t be there. TSC will look at it anyway and give their feedback. Both PIC cochairs are international members so they’re probably planning to be around on Sunday.
      • Security agenda item moving under the umbrella of the SAIF Architecture Program.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Lynn will update the publication request form for the field for # of votes needed for approval.
  • The TSC thanks Marc Koehn for agreeing to have been the Project Manager and retaining his involvement through the EAIP effor
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.