2011-06-13 TSC Call Minutes

From HL7 TSC
(Redirected from 2011-06-13 TSC Call Agenda)
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 124466#
GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206

Date: 2011-06-13
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name Affiliation
x Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Woody Beeler HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
Bob Dolin HL7 Board Chair
x Tony Julian HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Austin Kreisler HL7 TSC Chair, DESD Co-Chair
x Lynn Laakso HL7 staff support
x Patrick Loyd HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
x Ken McCaslin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
regrets Charlie Mead HL7 ArB Chair
regrets Ravi Natarajan HL7 Affiliate Representative
regrets Ron Parker HL7 ArB Alternate
x John Quinn HL7 CTO
x Gregg Seppala HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Ed Tripp HL7 DESD Co-Chair
Jay Zimmerman HL7 Affiliate Representative


Quorum Requirements (Chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2011-06-06 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Review action items
    • action items from WGM:
      • Calvin to check with the Cochairs of Structured Documents on naming for what title they want to use when they go beyond DSTU for an Implementation Guide.
      • Austin and Patrick will check on the 2.x side on an implementation profile term.
      • Patrick will look for his mapping of NCPDP to the RIM and let us know.
      • Woody will coordinate with John on HL7 and ISO process wrt the RIM.
  5. Approval items:
  6. Discussion topics:
    • (May) Review, update, and develop new entries for TSC Three-Year Plan
      • For example, from TSC Strategic Initiative Dashboard measures, in the WGM minutes: Strategic Initiative measures 4.2.8, .9, .10 are all on cross-artifact consistency to identify measurements for cross-artifact consistency for 2011 and .9 the plan for 2012, and .10 for 2013 in three-year plan
    • Work Group Health metrics
      • review suggestions
        1. Add metrics to WGH for % of projects having next milestone date in the past (Tracker # 1649)
          Status as of 2010Oct: Evaluate Project Health before tying this to Work Group Health
        2. Add participation in publishing calls to Work Group Health (Tracker # 1659)
        3. Measure ballot progress in terms of overall years and in number of cycles to successful ballot (Tracker # 1660)
        4. Metric to identify whether the WG follows their own DMPs re: posting minutes (Tracker # 1683)
        5. measure coordination between WG co-chairs (Tracker # 1731)
        6. WG has a DMP based on review of the updated template, for 2011May (Tracker # 1732) - in effect this cycle.
        7. Work Groups responding to submit meeting room request form before the deadline. (Tracker # 1946
        8. Create a Project Report Card (Tracker # 1819)
    • TSC Communication Strategy at Project Insight ID # 696
    • Strategic Initiative feedback- does the TSC wish to offer any further feedback?
    • Review of Ballot Guidance post-2011May WGM - see draft document
  7. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • ArB - Charlie reports 'The update is that the ArB has defined a schedule to produce for the TSC the promised V1 of SAIF (revised text from Information ballot that passed in the last cycle) and candidate V2 of SAIF to be submitted for DSTU ballot in the September ballot cycle.'
  8. Open Issues List


Supporting Documents

  • See links

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) – none identified themselves.
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
    • Agenda approved by general consent
  3. Approve Minutes of 2011-06-06 TSC Call Agenda
    • Unanimously approved
  4. Review action items
    • action items from WGM:
      • Calvin to check with the Cochairs of Structured Documents on naming for what title they want to use when they go beyond DSTU for an Implementation Guide.
        Calvin still needs to pick that up.
      • Austin and Patrick will check on the 2.x side on an implementation profile term.
        Briefly discussed in OO but did not determine.
      • Patrick will look for his mapping of NCPDP to the RIM and let us know.
        Patrick expects to look for this next week.
      • Woody will coordinate with John on HL7 and ISO process wrt the RIM.
        John and Woody wish to defer the RIM discussion until they have the general process figured out with ISO – defer one month.
  5. Approval items:
  6. Discussion topics:
    • (May) Review, update, and develop new entries for TSC Three-Year Plan
      • For example, from TSC Strategic Initiative Dashboard measures, in the WGM minutes: Strategic Initiative measures 4.2.8, .9, .10 are all on cross-artifact consistency to identify measurements for cross-artifact consistency for 2011 and .9 the plan for 2012, and .10 for 2013 in three-year plan
      • Do we want to provide any further feedback on the Strategic Initiatives, and by when?
      • Austin thinks we need to create a plan to do this review, perhaps even create a project. Austin and John will work on a project for this, with staff support. Draft to the TSC in a week or two.
    • Ken joins.
    • Work Group Health metrics
      • review suggestions
        1. Add metrics to WGH for % of projects having next milestone date in the past (Tracker # 1649)
          Status as of 2010Oct: Evaluate Project Health before tying this to Work Group Health
        2. Add participation in publishing calls to Work Group Health (Tracker # 1659)
        3. Measure ballot progress in terms of overall years and in number of cycles to successful ballot (Tracker # 1660)
        4. Metric to identify whether the WG follows their own DMPs re: posting minutes (Tracker # 1683)
          Discussion reviewed past conversation on this potential measure. It would be very time consuming to audit. Close tracker.
        5. measure coordination between WG co-chairs (Tracker # 1731)
          This would be difficult and intrusive. Close tracker.
        6. WG has a DMP based on review of the updated template, for 2011May (Tracker # 1732) - in effect this cycle.
          Ed asks that a DMP review in the past 12 months should be sufficient even if not the most recent template. Lynn clarifies that the DMP template on the metric was published from 2010May and being scored as of 2011May.
        7. Work Groups responding to submit meeting room request form before the deadline. (Tracker # 1946
          This deadline is just a week after the WGM. Calvin would like to see two weeks for cochairs to respond to the meeting space request.
        8. Create a Project Report Card (Tracker # 1819)
          This measure and the first measure seem like they would be the best ones to add, notes Austin. Ed feels a general project health score, cumulative to all the project health measures, would be appropriate on the Work Group Health. Woody notes that we meant to start project health as a helpful tool to manage their projects, not as a score card. For now we want work groups to use project health as a tool and somewhere down the line we might incorporate that into work group health scoring. Austin and Ed agree.
          We may not necessarily need to tweak anything at this point to continue to make things visible.
        • Austin summarizes to say that nothing on this list is really jumping out to be added. Accepted by general consent.
    • TSC Communication Strategy at Project Insight ID # 696
      • Ravi and Jay are not on the phone. Defer.
    • Strategic Initiative feedback- does the TSC wish to offer any further feedback?
      • Do we want to provide additional formal feedback to the Board on Strategic Initiatives? The TSC agreed in Orlando to develop some sort of dashboard for measures the TSC has control over. Ken feels we should let the Board know we are actually responding to the initiatives. We should let them know we’ll be working on a dashboard. Austin thinks that we should create the project statement first and then use that to communicate the TSC’s intent to the Board. ACTION ITEM: Austin and John to draft the project for the SI Criteria Measure Dashboard.
    • Review of Ballot Guidance post-2011May WGM - see draft document
      • Ken notes that Project Services also had a balloting guidance chart. TSC has not reviewed that document. Woody notes that neither document really addresses the question TSC’s been asked for how to tell Work Groups to choose their ballot level. Dave’s document has a section for each kind of ballot versus the standards types. Lynn will re-send both documents to the TSC list. We may be looking at a new document that incorporates both of these. One might triage your ballot artifact type from Ed’s list and then go to Dave’s list to figure out what you have to do.
      • Bring the documents back next week and figure out how to merge them. There is little on next week’s agenda so far, we may be able to provide some time to discuss.
  7. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • ArB - Charlie reports 'The update is that the ArB has defined a schedule to produce for the TSC the promised V1 of SAIF (revised text from Information ballot that passed in the last cycle) and candidate V2 of SAIF to be submitted for DSTU ballot in the September ballot cycle.'

Adjourned 11:49 AM EDT.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Austin and John will work on a project for the TSC Strategic Initiative Measures Dashboard, with staff support.
  • Lynn will re-send both the Ballot Guidelines revised document from Ed and the Project Services ballot guidance documents to the TSC list for review on next week’s call.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.