2011-06-20 TSC Call Minutes

From HL7 TSC
(Redirected from 2011-06-20 TSC Call Agenda)
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 124466#
GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206

Date: 2011-06-20
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name Affiliation
x Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Woody Beeler HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Bob Dolin HL7 Board Chair
x Tony Julian HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Austin Kreisler HL7 TSC Chair, DESD Co-Chair
x Lynn Laakso HL7 staff support
x Patrick Loyd HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
regrets Ken McCaslin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
Charlie Mead HL7 ArB Chair
x Ravi Natarajan HL7 Affiliate Representative
Ron Parker HL7 ArB Alternate
x John Quinn HL7 CTO
regrets Gregg Seppala HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Ed Tripp HL7 DESD Co-Chair
x Jay Zimmerman HL7 Affiliate Representative
x Brian Pech observer


Quorum Requirements (Chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes
  4. Review action items
    • Action items from WGM
      • Calvin to check with the Cochairs of Structured Documents on naming for what title they want to use when they go beyond DSTU for an Implementation Guide.
      • Austin and Patrick will check on the 2.x side on an implementation profile term.
      • Patrick will look for his mapping of NCPDP to the RIM and let us know.
  5. Approval items:
  6. Discussion topics:
  7. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  8. Open Issues List


Supporting Documents

  • See links

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Brian Pech observing
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler reviewed the agenda and Ed added that we should report from the nominations committee, first under discussion topics. Austin added we should address Gregg’s resignation. Move right into that discussion.
    • John moves we offer Gregg a letter of thanks, Calvin seconds. Send to both Gregg and to the VA to thank them for Gregg’s service. Unanimously approved. ACTTION ITEM: Austin and John will work with HQ to get that thank-you letter for Gregg together with HQ.
  3. Approve Minutes of 2011-06-13 TSC Call Agenda, Ravi and Jay abstain, vote 5/0/2, approved.
  4. Review action items
    • Action items from WGM
      • Calvin to check with the Cochairs of Structured Documents on naming for what title they want to use when they go beyond DSTU for an Implementation Guide. Calvin missed last week’s call and will take this up this coming week.
      • Austin and Patrick will check on the 2.x side on an implementation profile term. Patrick has not been able to move this forward. He may have time this week.
      • Patrick will look for his mapping of NCPDP to the RIM and let us know. Patrick has not had time to work on this.
  5. Approval items:
    • Motion: to approve project scope statement for InM of FTSD, cosponsored by SOA: InM Wrappers requirements determination at Project Insight # 772, TSC Tracker # 1941.
      • Tony reports the purpose is to gather requirements for wrappers project. Scope is only to gather requirements, not a ballot project. If they get requirements they will start another project scope to take it forward. On a doodle poll to participate, he’s had only 5 or 6 respondents. Patrick reports this is needed in order to move the SAIF artifact definition forward. Existing sets of requirements are 4 or 5 years old and need to be validated. Previous wrappers project as well as Canadian wrappers requirements need vetting
      • Vote: unanimously approved. Need to flag this project for attention by the SAIF AP. Lynn will forward to Dave Hamill.
  6. Discussion topics:
    • Review from nominations committee. Ed reports we have two candidates for DESD and SSD SD, and one nomination for FTSD, T3SD and at least one for Affiliate, which meet all the minimum requirements for nominations. Austin thanks Ed for his work on the Nominations Committee.
    • Review of Ballot Guidance post-2011May WGM - see draft document and Project Services balloting guidance chart.
      • Once we have the ballot guidance we may need to update them both. One is for how you choose, and then once you’ve chosen, the other is how you proceed with it.
      • Two action items regarding on what to call implementation profiles versus implementation guides.
      • Discussion on ISO implementation around sections of a document being normative versus informative. Implementers wishing one-stop shopping for the standard and its implementation guidance would like that.
      • Ravi leaves the call; move Communication Strategy to next week.
      • Ed says that the distinction between documents that have conformance criteria versus general implementation guidance is valuable, e.g. Pairing up a normative standard with normative implementation guide. Woody notes whether the issue is how we publish them. With the profile you might ballot normative and a guide would be informative but if it contains both types of information as in a profile it must ballot normative even if it contains informative guidance. Austin adds you need checkboxes on the project scope to indicate what the development intent and resulting ballot level will be. How will it be clearly indicated when the developed material is a Word document. So it seems we want a new indication on the project scope and what we call it remains up in the air. Realm specific rows collapse, for example. Follow up on action items and next week we can wrap this up.
    • TSC Communication Strategy at Project Insight ID # 696 postpone to next week.
    • TSC Strategic Initiative Dashboard measures project planning; Austin and John have not had time to develop a project scope.
  7. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Austin and John will work with HQ to get that thank-you letter for Gregg together with HQ.
  • Need to flag the wrappers project for attention by the SAIF AP. Lynn will forward to Dave Hamill.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.