2011-07-18 TSC Call Minutes

From HL7 TSC
(Redirected from 2011-07-18 TSC Call Agenda)
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 124466#
GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206

Date: 2011-07-18
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name Affiliation
x Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Woody Beeler HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Bob Dolin HL7 Board Chair
x Tony Julian HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Austin Kreisler HL7 TSC Chair, DESD Co-Chair
x Lynn Laakso HL7 staff support
x Patrick Loyd HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
x Ken McCaslin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
x (1st half) Charlie Mead HL7 ArB Chair
x Ravi Natarajan HL7 Affiliate Representative
Ron Parker HL7 ArB Alternate
x John Quinn HL7 CTO
regrets Gregg Seppala HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Ed Tripp HL7 DESD Co-Chair
Jay Zimmerman HL7 Affiliate Representative
x Brian Pech observer


Quorum Requirements (Chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2011-07-11 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Review action items
  5. Approval items:
  6. Discussion topics:
  7. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  8. Open Issues List


Supporting Documents

  • See links

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Brian Pech is with us today as observer.
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler; Lynn has some questions for the TSC from HQ. Charlie has an ArB report we’ll move before approvals. Accepted by general consent.
  3. ArB report – they will not be able to submit SAIF canonical for ballot in September due to missing submissions; will postpone to January ballot. John adds there’s a problem with volunteer bandwidth.
  4. Approval items:
    • Motion: Approve project scope statement for Implementation Guide for CDA Release 2 – Level 3 Healthcare Associated Infection Reports (release 7) for Structured Documents WG of SSD SD at Project Insight # 319, TSC Tracker # 1977
      • This project will be cumulative of the previous releases which were additive to one another.
      • Vote:unanimously approved.
    • Motion: Approve project scope statement for HL7 Financial Management Claims and Reimbursement Reaffirmation Ballot for FM of SSD SD at Project Insight # 776, TSC Tracker # 1982
      • Vote:unanimously approved.
    • Motion: Approve project scope statement to reaffirm HL7 Version 3 Standard: Accounting and Billing, Release 2 for FM of SSD SD at Project Insight # 777, TSC Tracker # 1982
      • Vote:unanimously approved.
    • Motion: Approve Informative Document Publication Request for CIC of DESD - ACS DAM (HL7 Version 3 Domain Analysis Model: Cardiology; Acute Coronary Syndrome, Release 1) at Project Insight # 216, TSC Tracker # 1976. Ravi asked if the negative vote had been addressed. Lynn reports the voter was asked to withdraw but the ballot has enough votes to pass.
      • Vote:unanimously approved.
    • TSC Ballot Approvals for September 2011 Ballot Cycle - for approval this week.
      • TSC Ballot Approval Summary for 2011Sept Ballot Cycle at TSC Tracker # 1983
      • The TSC has still another week where Work Groups may withdraw items from ballot.
      • Ravi asks about some rules on ballot material. Austin talked about some publishing guidelines as well. Woody reports that the dross was removed from the ballots where the material was stale. In Austin’s conversation with Publishing on Friday they will come to the TSC with recommendations where they have objections to material submitted for NE that is not ready.
      • Also a DAM that was requesting ballot as DSTU, not eligible for Normative track due to lack of conformance criteria, has agreed to ballot as informative instead.
      • Ravi’s concern that what is pulled out of the ballot if they are not ready, to have some documentation. If publishing finds the material is not ready for the ballot site they should make a recommendation to the TSC; if the Work Group finds the material is not ready for ballot they may also withdraw the ballot; if the TSC finds that the ballot intent is not appropriate at the requested level they may also not approve the ballot.
      • Woody asks about Clinical Statement – Austin reports that they express an intent to ballot but often have had to withdraw.
      • Ravi would like to see when the project was approved by the TSC on this request list. Maybe we can restructure the document for the next cycle. Please add steering division and TSC approval date if possible.
      • Review of the infractions list: Calvin will ping the cochairs on 663 for Cytogenetics to see where there project scope left off. Ravi asks if we should take a hard stance on missing the deadline for posting reconciliation packages to prevent them from balloting. Woody reports that the deadline is arbitrary, Don will follow up with those still having outstanding packages so we can check against the list when it comes time for ballot opening in two weeks.
      • Woody moves to approve the list and titles with recognition that it may be reduced before the final deadline. John seconds.
      • Vote: unanimously approved.
    • HQ asks for pictures and stories for the plenary.
    • HQ acknowledges reports of concern with the conference calling service. Would the TSC be willing to pilot a new service on an upcoming call? Ken feels you may need to pilot it for a month to get a real feel for whether it is improved. Woody notes that Skype is not necessarily a problem with our specific calling service but that re-entering the passcodes repeatedly. Austin suggests we can test it. Ken says we’ll need to test it for some time, like a month. Concern over moderator passcodes might cause a problem where members call in and some time elapses before a co-chair calls in where discussion would not be permitted until the co-chair or moderator starts the call.
  5. Discussion topics:
    • TSC Input on Product List Categorization, at TSC Tracker # 1985
      • Expired DSTU – why should we maintain expired guides. Though they may be outdated people may still be using them.
      • RIM and (abstract) Data Types should be in Section 1. The rest of Data Types can be in Section 5.
      • Table should be represented as a series of lists, or viewers will try to impose left to right logic on the elements of the table.
      • Ravi notes that with SAIF structure you can have an implementable view, or developer you would ‘walk in’ at the appropriate point.
    • Report from 2011-07-13 Activities with Other SDOs call
      • create a new listserv under the TSC?
      • Want to change it more to an active group to coordinate activities across SDOs, so the focus of the meeting in San Diego is to have a panel format with representatives from the major SDOs to talk about coordination. The JIC group evolved from activities in this group a number of years ago and the participants want to see this broadened. They would like a list server which Austin would like to create under the TSC, to suggest and report on these activities.
      • Woody would like to explore what we want these sessions to do at each WGM. In ‘99 when CEN first attended, it began to expand, and then collapse when SDO representatives did not attend.
      • Austin notes that the participants on the call would like to see it expand, and explore with this panel on how to make that happen in San Diego. It would be more visible to make a listserv rather than a pile of email addresses with a private exchange, and allow others to subscribe. It would be pre-populated with those on the email list.
  6. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • Woody asks if we’ve had more recent problems with Skype call minute charges having overruns. Lynn will check on the June conference call invoices.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Lynn will check to see if we’ve had continuing problems with call overruns on the June invoices.
  • TSC members will send recommendations on Product site architecture to the list.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.