2011-07-25 TSC Call Minutes

From HL7 TSC
(Redirected from 2011-07-25 TSC Call Agenda)
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Temporary Conference Call coordinates (pilot of new bridge)

Call in number: +1 706-634-4215

Passcode stays the same: 124466#

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

'Location: call 770-657-9270 706-634-4215 using code 124466#
GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206

Date: 2011-07-25
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name Affiliation
x Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Woody Beeler HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
Bob Dolin HL7 Board Chair
x Tony Julian HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Austin Kreisler HL7 TSC Chair, DESD Co-Chair
x Lynn Laakso HL7 staff support
x Patrick Loyd HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
x Ken McCaslin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
regrets Charlie Mead HL7 ArB Chair
regrets Ravi Natarajan HL7 Affiliate Representative
Ron Parker HL7 ArB Alternate
regrets John Quinn HL7 CTO
regrets Gregg Seppala HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Ed Tripp HL7 DESD Co-Chair
regrets Jay Zimmerman HL7 Affiliate Representative
x John Moehrke observer
x Brian Pech observer


Quorum Requirements (Chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: (yes/No)

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2011-07-11 TSC Call Agenda, 2011-07-18 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Review action items
  5. Approval items:
    • Product List Categorization, at TSC Tracker # 1985
    • Motion: Approve Project Scope Statement for Electronic Services of T3SD: Workgroup Scratchpad Webspace at Project Insight ID 794, TSC Tracker # 1996
    • CIC requests a name change for HL7 Version 3 Domain Analysis Model: Cardiology; Acute Coronary Syndrome, Release 2 to HL7 Version 3 Domain Analysis Model: Cardiology, Release 2.
      Rationale: This current ballot is much broader than ACS data elements from the previous ballot and includes a broad scope across various domains of cardiology.
    • O&O of SSDSD requests an out of cycle ballot for Version 2 Release 1 S&I Framework Lab Results Interface Implementation Guide for V2.5.1, requiring endorsement by the TSC and final approval by the EC (externally developed document), at TSC Tracker # 2001
      • Rationale: Due to the timing of US Federal Government HHS mandates are expected to be proposed by the end of 2011. This IG is expected to be part of those proposed rules and therefore this is the requirement for the out of cycle ballot request.
    • O&O of SSDSD requests an out of cycle ballot for Version 2 release 2.7.1 , for approval by the TSC, at TSC Tracker # 2000
      • Rationale: Due to the timing of US Federal Government HHS mandates are expected to be proposed for the end of 2011 with the requirements in this release to be included in the Proposed Implementation Guide (IG) that will be included in the proposed mandated rules.
  6. Discussion topics:
  7. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • T3SD approved an updated Mission and Charter statement for the Project Services Work Group (PSC)
  8. Open Issues List


Supporting Documents

  • See links

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
call to order at 11:07 am

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) John Moehrke and Brian Pech joins the call
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler; slide down the product list categorization to end of approval agenda.
  3. Approve Minutes of 2011-07-11 TSC Call Agenda, 2011-07-18 TSC Call Agenda
    • Vote: both were unanimously approved
  4. Review action items
  5. Approval items:
    • Motion: Approve Project Scope Statement for Electronic Services of T3SD: Workgroup Scratchpad Webspace at Project Insight ID 794, TSC Tracker # 1996
      • Ken describes this as an ad-hoc way to prepare materials for ballot preview. This is a non-product project.
    • Vote: unanimously approved. Patrick joins, Ken leaves.
    • CIC requests a name change for HL7 Version 3 Domain Analysis Model: Cardiology; Acute Coronary Syndrome, Release 2 to HL7 Version 3 Domain Analysis Model: Cardiology, Release 2.
      Rationale: This current ballot is much broader than ACS data elements from the previous ballot and includes a broad scope across various domains of cardiology.
    • Motion: Calvin moves to approve the name change, Ed seconds.
    • Vote: unanimously approved.
    • O&O of SSDSD requests an out of cycle ballot for Version 2 Release 1 S&I Framework Lab Results Interface Implementation Guide for V2.5.1, requiring endorsement by the TSC and final approval by the EC (externally developed document), at TSC Tracker # 2001
      • Rationale: Due to the timing of US Federal Government HHS mandates are expected to be proposed by the end of 2011. This IG is expected to be part of those proposed rules and therefore this is the requirement for the out of cycle ballot request.
      • The project scope is actually for an informative document but the NIB requests Normative, US Realm. Woody thinks he’s ok with approving it at either ballot trajectory and letting them update the scope statement after the fact.
      • Motion: Woody moves to approve the Request for OOC Ballot noting the disparity of ballot level and recommend either the scope or OOC request be amended. Calvin seconds.
      • Vote: unanimously approved
      • Patrick takes the action for OO to notify them of the disparity; Austin will see Hans tomorrow which can inform both OO and the EC.
    • O&O of SSDSD requests an out of cycle ballot for Version 2 release 2.7.1 , for approval by the TSC, at TSC Tracker # 2000
      • Rationale: Due to the timing of US Federal Government HHS mandates are expected to be proposed for the end of 2011 with the requirements in this release to be included in the Proposed Implementation Guide (IG) that will be included in the proposed mandated rules.
      • Motion: Calvin moves to approve the Request for OOC Ballot, seconded by Tony.
      • Vote: unanimously approved
      • Calvin asks about the TSC decision on guidance for Implementation Guide being normative or informative track, that normative IGs must clearly provide conformance criteria.
    • Product List Categorization, at TSC Tracker # 1985
      • Austin proposes we need to look at this carefully over the next few weeks (John isn’t here today). If people can stay on after the calls to discuss what needs to be changed it would be helpful to get some focused attention. Austin cannot make next week. Woody notes his issue has been with representation. Woody’s problem with the representation is that the same elements are not represented on the Section 2 example web page as are in the master grid. Lynn notes that the changes identified in the master grid were not necessarily cascaded up into the section page designs.
      • Austin noted on the master grid the problem with the alignment left to right in the master grid is misleading.
      • Woody notes that SPL may not be a primary standard, only a topic within a single domain.
      • Woody also notes that CCD is debatable. Austin notes that it cannot stand on its own, since it’s bound to CDA. Calvin notes that all the standards need the V3 datatypes so none of them really stand on their own. Maybe at the bottom of the list you have the V3 foundation standards and V2 ch2.
      • Austin notes that there are many views of this content and there’s no one right view. You can get a V2 view, or V3 view. Perhaps we collect tags from all these standards and use a search engine. Lynn pointed out page 11 where the Martopia recommendation is to use the analogy of a real estate search engine and having attributes that are searchable and sortable. Ed noted that the data is too complex for a large flat file.
      • Calvin notes that the Primary Standards section is as it is currently described doesn’t really include CCD. We don’t want to list them in an order that presumes popularity. Woody asks if we need another category, for reference standards for MU, or top ten referenced standards suggests Calvin. Woody suggests separating most frequently used and in-demand standards from the foundational standards.
      • Ed notes that Implementation Guides as a standalone category is misleading to have the Implementation Guide separate from the standard it guides. Woody notes that the most common type of IG balloted in the past few years has been CDA-based. Ed asks that the IG needs to link back to its associated standards.
      • Suggest category 0 for the most popular as compared to foundational. The popular ones can then tell how you have to relate them to all the foundational ones.
  6. Discussion topics:
  7. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • T3SD approved an updated Mission and Charter statement for the Project Services Work Group (PSC)

Please complete the conference calling pilot survey

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Please complete the conference calling pilot survey.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • 2011-08-01 TSC Call Agenda
  • Temporary Conference Call coordinates (pilot of new bridge) Call in number: +1 706-634-4215
    • Passcode stays the same: 124466#

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.