2011-08-01 TSC Call Minutes

From HL7 TSC
(Redirected from 2011-08-01 TSC Call Agenda)
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Temporary Conference Call coordinates (pilot of new bridge)

Call in number: +1 706-634-4215

Passcode stays the same: 124466#

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

'Location: call 770-657-9270 706-634-4215 using code 124466#
GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206

Date: 2011-08-01
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name Affiliation
x Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Woody Beeler HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
Bob Dolin HL7 Board Chair
x Tony Julian HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Austin Kreisler HL7 TSC Chair, DESD Co-Chair
x Lynn Laakso HL7 staff support
Patrick Loyd HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
x Ken McCaslin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
Charlie Mead HL7 ArB Chair
x Ravi Natarajan HL7 Affiliate Representative
Ron Parker HL7 ArB Alternate
x John Quinn HL7 CTO
regrets Gregg Seppala HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Ed Tripp HL7 DESD Co-Chair
Jay Zimmerman HL7 Affiliate Representative


Quorum Requirements (Chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2011-07-25 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Review action items
  5. Approval items:
  6. Discussion topics:
  7. Open Issues List


Supporting Documents

  • See links

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) none identified
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler - approved by general consent
  3. Approve Minutes of 2011-07-25 TSC Call Agenda Ken and Ravi abstain; Approved 4/0/2.
  4. Review action items
  5. Approval items:
  6. Discussion topics:
    • Product List Categorization, at TSC Tracker # 1985
      • Section added for primary standards and Foundational Standards separated.
      • Austin is forwarding to the TSC list an email from Rene on comments from the Marketing committee perspective. There has been a significant amount of time invested in this product development over the past two years, with little Marketing input. TSC members and cochairs have to identify if there’s anything wrong at this point.
      • Lynn and Andrea are working on the comprehensive list for the master grid, with the categorization for sort and search
      • Lynn asks for advice as the webmaster will want more specific direction on how to proceed with the layout of page 7 for a clinical domain, representing V3 and V2 standards within the domain, base standard versus implementation guide, etc. Austin notes visitors will want to look through a hierarchically organized list. There can’t be just one way to look at this collection of stuff.
      • Ken notes that he and Hans and Andrea have been batting this back and forth, and have discussed key words in the product guide to help, as a standard or implementation of a standard. An index should be able to sort through that according to the key terms. John adds that such key words can normalize such a set of documents.
      • Ravi asks if we are building knowledge such that in the future we will know how the frequency will be reviewed for each brief? John notes that the product matrix helps define what we consider to be our products, and should evolve better adherence to defining our product architecture by offering a context. Austin notes that this is a first step in working with John on putting together a product strategy.
      • Austin asks if the next step is to work with Marketing? Ken says that Marketing needs to catch up, that we cannot slow down.
      • Ravi asks if these products are linked to the glossary? John notes that it’s a good idea, to check that they are in the glossary.
      • Motion: Ken moves and John seconds that they endorse the architecture, with the comments offered. Vote: unanimously approved.
    • Preview of Strategic Initiative dashboard project scope statement. Austin discussed with Bob Dolin last week at the Board Retreat. Working on a RASCI chart for the various initiatives. The ones the TSC are responsible for, we’ll be looking at on the Saturday morning strategic discussion the measures need to establish. Ken comments that the RASCI chart is a great idea. Austin adds that cross-project coordination is facilitated with such a tool. Ken suggests the TSC model its use so that other work groups can follow our example. We’ll get into that more next week.
    • Next week he should have a preview of the document of the document on what should be balloted at what level.
  7. Conference calling overages: brainstorming session - do we have the availability to have call provider cut off conference calls 45 minutes after its scheduled completion? Is there the ability to identify who is still on the line. Can we cut off all calls at 120 minutes? (might be a problem for harmonization). Woody speaks with Don on a land line and even when Don hangs up the system doesn’t disconnect him – he is still connected.

Adjourned 11:40 AM


Please complete the conference calling pilot survey

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Please complete the conference calling pilot survey.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.