2011-08-15 TSC Call Minutes

From HL7 TSC
(Redirected from 2011-08-15 TSC Call Agenda)
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 124466#
+1-702-894-2444 passcode 7124466#
GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206

Date: 2011-08-15
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name Affiliation
x Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
regrets Woody Beeler HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
Bob Dolin HL7 Board Chair
x Tony Julian HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Austin Kreisler HL7 TSC Chair, DESD Co-Chair
x Lynn Laakso HL7 staff support
x Patrick Loyd HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
x Ken McCaslin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
regrets Charlie Mead HL7 ArB Chair
regrets Ravi Natarajan HL7 Affiliate Representative
regrets Ron Parker HL7 ArB Alternate
x John Quinn HL7 CTO
x Ed Tripp HL7 DESD Co-Chair
Pat Van Dyke HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Jay Zimmerman HL7 Affiliate Representative
x Brian Pech guest observer


Quorum Requirements (Chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: (yes)

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2011-08-08 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Review action items
  5. Approval items:
  6. Discussion topics:
    • Results of TSC elections for 2012-2013 - Welcome Pat, Freida, and Mead!
  7. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • ArB report: Charlie Mead writes "we continue to work on the SAIF Canonical Definition document and hope/plan to have a publishable version (“V1 of the SAIF CD”) to give to the TSC at the start of the September meeting so that it can be announced to the membership. That version will address all of the May ballot comments and will form the core of the DSTU document that we will submit for the January ballot".
  8. WGM Planning -
  9. Open Issues List


Supporting Documents

  • See links

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) none today
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler. Bring forward OOC meeting request. Approved by general consent
  3. Approve Minutes of 2011-08-08 TSC Call Agenda. Unanimously approved.
  4. Approval items:
    • Out of Cycle Meeting Request, for Pharmacy Work Group, October 5-7 2011.
      • Concern with location of meeting and level of representation by HL7 as it is a joint meeting with IHE. Need to check with Pharmacy WG co-chairs and follow up next week. Motion tabled. Ken asks if we should add an entry to the document to indicate which Work Group co-chair is presiding over the OOC meeting? Austin and Ed will address OOC meeting representation with Pharmacy
  5. Review action items
    • #1980 Draft project scope statement for TSC Strategic Initiative Dashboard measures project planning (Austin & John)
      • Strategic Initiatives RASCI chart
      • Emerged from request from Bob Dolin to monitor and measure progress towards Strategic Initiatives that the TSC is responsible for. Ken volunteers to be project facilitator.
      • Draft RASCI chart review; Board would approve the assignment of primary responsibility and TSC would accept primary responsibility for their items. John reiterates that the linkage from the Strategic Initiatives to the activity of the Working Group is critical. Ken notes that we must move forward with this despite the revisions in progress with the Board. It needs to be flexible to allow for initiatives to change over the years. A little nervous about the dates, Ken notes that he’s busy with S&I Framework until September 1st. John notes we should really have something to show the board at the September meeting. Ed’s concern is with the RASCI chart having responsibility in only two areas; should other groups such as ArB or Publishing take on responsibility for one or more of these? In assigning responsibility for Board items it has the ability to delegate such responsibility to the CEO or others. Ed’s concern is that the TSC is taking on more than our ability to handle. We’ll have to flesh some of that out in San Diego to take this to the next level. Ken feels we may need to take CEO CTO and HQ off the chart as they are subject to responsibility to the Board or TSC.
      • Updated scope statement at TSC Tracker # 2025,
      • Ken moves the approval of the project scope “in-committee”, John seconds. VOTE: unanimously approved.
    • #1978 Update ballot guidance document on reference to "Implementation Guide" (Austin)
      • John compares the Normative Implementation Guides to the X12 world “companion guides”. Calvin suggests we just call it a normative implementation guide, and then call out its characteristics.
      • Review of Allowed ballot levels grid indicates withdrawal of a standard has a comment only ballot, so C’s in that column save DAM, SAIF, Other and New.
      • Updated guidance document at TSC Tracker # 1815
  6. Discussion topics:
    • Results of TSC elections for 2012-2013 - Welcome Pat!
  7. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • ArB report: Charlie Mead writes "we continue to work on the SAIF Canonical Definition document and hope/plan to have a publishable version (“V1 of the SAIF CD”) to give to the TSC at the start of the September meeting so that it can be announced to the membership. That version will address all of the May ballot comments and will form the core of the DSTU document that we will submit for the January ballot".
  8. WGM Planning –


Adjourned 11:58 AM EDT


Please complete the conference calling pilot survey

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Austin and Ed will address OOC meeting representation with Pharmacy.
  • Add liaison assignment to the ORC to WGM agenda
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.