2011-08-22 TSC Call Minutes

From HL7 TSC
(Redirected from 2011-08-22 TSC Call Agenda)
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 124466#
+1-702-894-2444 passcode 7124466#
GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206

Date: 2011-08-22
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: John Quinn Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name Affiliation
x Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Woody Beeler HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
Bob Dolin HL7 Board Chair
x Tony Julian HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
regrets Austin Kreisler HL7 TSC Chair, DESD Co-Chair
x Lynn Laakso HL7 staff support
regrets Patrick Loyd HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
x Ken McCaslin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
x Charlie Mead HL7 ArB Chair
regrets Ravi Natarajan HL7 Affiliate Representative
Ron Parker HL7 ArB Alternate
x John Quinn HL7 CTO
Pat Van Dyke HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Ed Tripp HL7 DESD Co-Chair
Jay Zimmerman HL7 Affiliate Representative
x Hugh Glover observer, re: OOC Meeting request
x Rob Hallowell observer


Quorum Requirements (Chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - John Quinn
  3. Approve Minutes of 2011-08-15 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Review action items
  5. Approval items:
  6. Discussion topics:
    • Updated guidance document at TSC Tracker # 1815 on reference to "Implementation Guide" (Austin)
    • Innovations Project - at Project Insight # 701, has no new ideas submitted. Is it still needed, given Fresh Look Task Force is gaining traction? Cancel session at WGM and close project?
  7. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  8. WGM Planning - 225 registered so far (please check that you're registered for the meeting in addition to the hotel!)
    San Diego agendas
  9. Open Issues List


Supporting Documents

  • See links

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - John Quinn
  3. Approve Minutes of 2011-08-15 TSC Call Agenda – Ken suggested an amendment to include other new elected members – Freida and Mead are also new. Ken moves to approve with amendment, Ed seconds. Vote: unanimously approved.
  4. Review action items – nothing for this week
  5. Approval items:
    • Tabled from last week: Out of Cycle Meeting Request, for Pharmacy Work Group, October 5-7 2011.
      • Hugh addresses the need for the request, in their experience as a Work Group they find they get more done at an out of cycle than at a WGM. In discussion at May WGM this date and location was offered and over conference calls was set collectively by the WG. Looking to take advantage of collaboration as joint meeting with IHE on the Wednesday and then have two additional days to work as HL7 Pharmacy WG. Rob adds that moving forward institutional-type material with discussion on Wednesday will help clarify direction of work on Thursday and Friday. Woody asks about OOC meetings making fundamental decisions that cannot be reversed at subsequent WGM. Rob notes that at least one of the HL7 co-chairs will be there and it is primarily to work on ballot material. It is most definitely an “HL7” meeting.
      • Ken moves approval of the OOC Meeting Request. Seconded by Woody.
      • Vote: unanimously approved.
    • Motion: Formal/Final Approval of Project Scope Statement for TSC's HL7 Strategic Initiatives Dashboard Project, at Project Insight # 799, TSC Tracker # 2025. Motion by Ken, second by Ed to approve.
      • Vote: unanimously approved.
  6. Discussion topics:
    • 11:22AM Ken and Ed have some call quality issues from which the call service operator is asked to intervene.
    • Updated guidance document at TSC Tracker # 1815 on reference to "Implementation Guide" (Austin)
      • Lynn asks for recommendations for granularity of ballots: multiple pharmacy queries or medication/device statement/dispense/supply events, PA registries, PM registries combined to interdependent registries, patient care “care provision” domain versus topics (withdrawal of domain project with ANSI and submission of new projects for 6 topics),
      • Woody suggests that the TSC ask Publishing to weigh in on this
      • John notes that the document under consideration does not include recommendations on domain vs topic – is this a separate axis of discussion?
      • Domain vs topic level balloting for Normative standards can be deferred to Publishing.
      • Registries questions have been outstanding, pharmacy granularity showing a significant number of projects.
      • Woody sees this tie-in under criteria for qualifying for a Normative standard.
      • Let’s look for feedback from Publishing in time for San Diego. Ken will accept the action item to bring this to Publishing. Motion: Woody moves that we refer the question of domain versus topic level balloting to Publishing to review current set of rules and recommend amendments for the future. Second by Ken.
      • Vote: unanimously approved. Invite Publishing cochairs to meet with us on Tuesday lunch. Lynn and John will discuss with Austin as we review the agendas.
    • Innovations Project - at Project Insight # 701, has no new ideas submitted. Is it still needed, given Fresh Look Task Force is gaining traction? Cancel session at WGM and close project?
      • Ken from NHS has not been able to participate (change of job responsibilities). We have a list of complaints and inconsistencies in our products and offerings and need to determine how to move forward from here. Ed notes we’ve been unable to get traction despite multiple streams of outreach. He feels the time to close the project has come. He’s not intimately familiar with Fresh Look and its progress. John reports that Stan has really taken and run with the task force notes John, which technically exists outside of HL7 right now at the Board. The fresh look report has much more in it than just what has been discussed on the lists. He’d rather see it shepherded within the TSC rather than have it operating outside of the TSC. It has to do more with strategy and tactics and not products. He recommends forwarding this back to Austin and crafting a motion for taking the Fresh Look forward to operationalize it within the TSC.
      • Ken McCaslin notes that our focus should be less on innovation and more on meeting needs of federal governments around the world. He’s not certain that this should be a TSC task. John doesn’t know where Innovations should stand, but we need somewhere to bring the problems on the list. How do we politely retire Innovations and substitute an effort take the strategies implied by Fresh look and see what resources, time and outcomes would result?
      • Ed asks if we should cancel the Innovations session and John suggests we take the time to see how we can marry the Innovations effort with addressing the strategies and approaches to the issues and topic areas created in the Fresh Look report to the Board.
      • Lynn suggests that we formally update the project scope statement for Innovations to reflect this direction. Lynn will first update the project scope statement and send to John.
  7. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  8. WGM Planning - 225 registered so far (please check that you're registered for the meeting in addition to the hotel!)
    San Diego agendas

Adjourned at 11:50 AM EDT

Please complete the conference calling pilot survey

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Ken will accept the action item to bring this to Publishing.
  • Lynn will first update the Innovations project scope statement and send to John.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.