2011-10-03 TSC Call Minutes

From HL7 TSC
(Redirected from 2011-10-03 TSC Call Agenda)
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 124466#
GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206

Date: 2011-10-03
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name Affiliation
regrets Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Woody Beeler HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
Bob Dolin HL7 Board Chair
x Freida Hall invited guest, HL7 T3SD SD Co-Chair-elect
x Tony Julian HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Austin Kreisler HL7 TSC Chair, DESD Co-Chair
x Lynn Laakso HL7 staff support
x Patrick Loyd HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
x Ken McCaslin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
x Charlie Mead HL7 ArB Chair
x Ravi Natarajan HL7 Affiliate Representative
Ron Parker HL7 ArB Alternate
x John Quinn HL7 CTO
x Ed Tripp HL7 DESD Co-Chair
regrets Pat Van Dyke HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
Mead Walker invited guest, HL7 DESD SD Co-Chair-elect
Jay Zimmerman HL7 Affiliate Representative
x Brian Pech observer


Quorum Requirements (Chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2011-09-26 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Review action items
  5. Approval items:
  6. Discussion topics:
    • Innovations project
  7. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • Informative (no TSC action required): Announcement that reaffirmation of V3 Medical Records ballot by SDWG has passed and requested publication.
  8. Open Issues List


Supporting Documents

  • See links

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Call to order 11:04 am EDT

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Brian Pech is observing
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler: no changes noted
  3. Approve Minutes of 2011-09-26 TSC Call Agenda unanimously approved
  4. Review action items
  5. Approval items:
    • Tabled Motion: John moves to take from table, Ed seconds - unanimously approved. Approve Informative Document Publication Request: HL7 Services-Aware Interoperability Framework: Canonical Version, Release 1, for the Architecture Review Board (ArB), at Project Insight # 746, TSC Tracker # 2050.
      • Request for negatives has been sent, withdrawals are trickling in. Charlie notes that progress on the SAIF CD that Thomas Erl has picked up a notion for an article in his magazine and OACIS interested in harmonizing with it in November. ArB is working on glossary for DSTU version in OWL. John asks about timeliness for harmonization with OACIS; they’re going to look for cross references and any contradictions, more of an alignment rather than the HL7 concept of harmonization. Kai and Rene posted a 17 minute intro to SAIF video.
      • Vote: unanimously approved
      • What URL do we allow Thomas Erl to link to for others to read about SAIF? Charlie feels we should make it available to everyone. John notes that this must go through HQ to release the IP. If the TSC
      • Motion: Approve the free distribution without restrictions of the HL7 SAIF CD with understanding that HL7 holds copyright to the document, John seconds. This is with the understanding that the consecutive HL7 IG will be restricted to membership IP. John asks Charlie to write up a half-page justification for him to use. (Action Item)
      • Vote: Unanimously approved.
    • Motion: Approve Project Scope Statement for PHER of DESD cosponsored by OO and PA: HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: Vital Records Birth and Fetal Death Reporting, Release 1 (US Realm), at PI#816, TSC Tracker # 2055.
      • This is marked as US Realm.
      • Vote: Unanimously approved.
    • Motion: Approve Project Scope Statement for Project Services and cosponsored by TSC: Introducing New Processes to HL7, at PI# 818 and TSC tracker # 2062
      • The TSC agreed to cosponsor this so that PSC could be primary for ballot reconciliation.
      • Vote: Unanimously approved.
    • Motion: Approve Project Scope Statement for Tooling of T3SD and cosponsored by Publishing and Electronic Services: HL7 Tooling DashBoard Project, at PI# 803 and TSC tracker # 2063
      • John is aware of and encouraging this activity. There will be funding for tooling next year though there is not a specific plan for it at this time. This kind of information is needed for decision making on this funding. Ravi asks if the project is related to the communications plan which will drive what goes on the dashboard. Tooling has chosen to create projects at this level of granularity. They are all tied together. They are trying to work on tools outside the balloting and publication process for use outside of standards development. Coordination with OHT will be needed. Ravi would like to see a more in-depth success criteria. Discussion ensured regarding whether GForge is insufficient as the focal point; better visibility is needed. Ravi notes that maintenance of the dashboard is the issue, rather than a one-time issuance of a dashboard status.
      • Vote: Unanimously approved
    • Motion: Approve Project Scope Statement for Tooling of T3SD and cosponsored by Publishing, Electronic Services (ES), and Marketing WGs: HL7 Tooling Communications Plan and Execution Project, at PI# 802 and TSC tracker # 2064
      • Ongoing maintenance of the communications plan will be to treat it as a living document. Austin asks how the communications plan will be approved. Patrick would have to take this back to the Tooling group. John notes it would include factors outside the TSC including Marketing and the Board as well as OHT. Bob and Chuck would need to review it. Does the TSC wish to review it, as the tactical arm of the organization? John would at a minimum need to approve it. Austin suggests that since external communication is needed that the approval process be documented. ACTION ITEM: Patrick will take that back.
      • Vote: Unanimously approved
    • Motion: Approve Project Scope Statementfor Tooling and cosponsored by Publishing and ES: HL7 Tooling Strategy and Process Revision Project, at PI# 801 and TSC tracker # 2065
      • They may need to review their process against the process for approving new processes as was just approved by TSC. Bringing in requirements from other work groups should be formalized in a new process. Woody reminds the group that the Tooling WG is effectively four people. Judgment should be exercised for which processes require the formality of approving new processes.
      • Ken arrives
      • Vote: Unanimously approved
    • Motion: Approve Project Scope Statement for Tooling WG of T3SD: GForge alternative assessment at PI# 804 and TSC tracker # 2066
      • One option considered is self-hosting. Woody would prefer not to change underlying tools as we did a few years ago e.g. CVS to SVN.
      • Vote: Unanimously approved
  6. Discussion topics:
    • Innovations project – will not be requesting space for January WGM. Motion: Ed moves we close the project, Woody seconds.
      • Vote: Unanimously approved
  7. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • Informative (no TSC action required): Announcement that reaffirmation of V3 Medical Records ballot by SDWG has passed and requested publication. That goes out for another 5 years.

Adjourned 11:43 AM EDT


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • John asks Charlie to write up a half-page justification for him to use in requesting the SAIF CD be published for public reference
  • Patrick will inform Tooling that since external communication is needed that the communication plan approval process be documented.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.