2011-11-09 Activities SDO Call Minutes

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC: HL7 Activities with Other SDOs

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 Activities with Other SDOs

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 124466#
GoToMeeting ID: 748-176-002

Date: 2011-11-09
Time: 9:00 AM U.S. Eastern Standard
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name Affiliation
x Keith Boone GE, IHE
x Christian Hay GS1
x Austin Kreisler HL7 TSC Chair, DESD Co-Chair
x Lynn Laakso HL7 staff support
x John Roberts TN.gov
x Rita Scichilone AHIMA
x Lisa Spellman AHIMA, ISO TC/215-U TAG
x Pat Van Dyke ODS Co’s


Quorum Requirements Met: n/a

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  2. Agenda planning for San Antonio
    • Possible Panel topics, need pick one:
      • Cross SDO strategic communication plan
      • Streamlining current cross SDO processes
      • Expanding number of cross-SDO activities
    • Panel composition (dependent on panel topic)
    • Do we want a 2nd session during the week to:
      • Continue discussions from Sunday afternoon
      • Plan for next WGM

Supporting Documents

  • See links

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Called to order 9:06 AM

  1. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  2. Agenda planning for San Antonio
    • Proposed continuing with Sunday session and add a quarter later in the week.
    • Possible Panel topics, need pick one:
      • Cross SDO strategic communication plan
      • Streamlining current cross SDO processes
      • Expanding number of cross-SDO activities
      Christian agrees that a specific focus would be good. Tim Buxton had suggested the streamlining topic. Christian notes that JIC chair Bron Kisler is missing from this call and he would be key to the topic. Christian offers consideration in learning lessons from the past. Other stakeholders he’d also suggest would be someone from HL7 and IHTSDO, CEN and ISO. Conflicting meetings prevented participation in the past. These representatives would sit at the table and talk with the audience, not just among themselves.
    • Panel composition (dependent on panel topic)
      Panelists might include Bron, John Quinn, Jane Miller, and representatives from the other JIC members. Keith offers Jim Case as a suggestion.
      Please email the list with suggestions for the panelists.
    • Austin would like to start the session with a 30 minute liaison report before convening the panel.
    • Do we want a 2nd session during the week to:
      • Continue discussions from Sunday afternoon
      • Plan for next WGM
      • Christian suggests we have the session to discuss how the session went and plan for Vancouver. ISO meeting a couple of weeks ago along with a JIC open forum. It was useful to share information interactively, rather than reporting out. Austin notes that the communication planning may be a more important topic for the quarter later in the week than the panel planning. ACTION ITEM: Lynn will seek a room for a quarter from Lillian on Monday or Tuesday for our followup discussion.
    • When do we want to meet next? Austin suggests three weeks, on the 30th of November.


Adjourned 9:22 AM ET

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Lynn will seek a room for a quarter from Lillian on Monday or Tuesday for our followup discussion.
  • Send suggestions for panelists to the list.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.