2011-12-19 TSC Call Minutes

From HL7 TSC
(Redirected from 2011-12-19 TSC Call Agenda)
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 124466# new code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206

Date: 2011-12-19
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name Affiliation
regrets Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Woody Beeler HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
Bob Dolin HL7 Board Chair
regrets Freida Hall Ad-hoc, HL7 T3SD SD Co-Chair-elect
x Tony Julian HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Austin Kreisler HL7 TSC Chair, DESD Co-Chair
x Lynn Laakso HL7 staff support
x Patrick Loyd HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
Ken McCaslin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
Charlie Mead HL7 ArB Chair
x Ravi Natarajan HL7 Affiliate Representative
regrets Ron Parker HL7 ArB Alternate
x John Quinn HL7 CTO
x Helen Stevens Ad-hoc member
x Ed Tripp HL7 DESD Co-Chair
x Pat Van Dyke HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
Mead Walker invited guest, HL7 DESD SD Co-Chair-elect


Quorum Requirements (Chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
    • Acknowledgement and thanks for Ken McCaslin's service to the TSC (his last conference call of his 2010-2011 term)
  3. Approve Minutes
  4. Review action items
  5. Approval items:
  6. Discussion topics:
    • Steering Division composition between DESD and SSDSD
  7. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • WGM registration 178
  8. Open Issues List


Supporting Documents

  • See links

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Call to order 11:05 am EST

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) - none identified
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler - no changes noted, approval by general consent.
  3. Approve Minutes of 2011-12-12 TSC Call Agenda; Ravi abstains, passes 6/0/1
  4. Review action items
    • Acknowledgement and thanks for Ken McCaslin's service to the TSC (his last conference call of his 2010-2011 term); we'll need to communicate our appreciation to him. Motion: Motion by Woody to acknowledge our appreciation for Ken, second by Ravi. Draft a letter in San Antonio for TSC members to sign and present to Ken. Vote: Unanimously approved.
  5. Approval items:
    • Motion: Approve Project Scope Statement for Pharmacy WG of DESD: Clinical Statement - Comparison at Project Insight # 834, TSC Tracker # 2132,
      • Ed describes the material as accompaniment to the current standard, not intended for ballot. Ravi asks if how the comparisons are run; using a model comparer tool or visual comparison? Woody asserts it will probably be visual. Patrick notes the outcome will probably be change requests to Clinical Statement or Pharmacy to one or the other set of models. Helen supports and expresses interest that more groups would work towards developing consistency in models. Though the target dates are in the past, work is still being conducted. Helen would like to see the dates updated in Project Insight to reflect actual progress. ACTION ITEM: TSC will ask Dave to obtain those updated dates.
      • Vote: Unanimously approved.
  6. Discussion topics:
    • Steering Division composition between DESD and SSDSD
      • Recently approved process for WGs to change Steering Divisions. CG prompted discussion with request to move to DESD from SSD SD. SSD SD interested in swap, perhaps for Imaging Integration. Both SDs should schedule time on their agendas in San Antonio to consider the requests (Ed and Pat). Woody notes that when the Steering Division composition was initially proposed, the clear division between DESD and SSD SD was less obvious than the separation from other Steering Divisions. There's not good guidance for separation other than the ballot frequency of SSD SD members compared to DESD. The difference between the two SDs are not that well described. Ed notes that the division was a bit artificial. Pat notes that Child Health is in DESD but as an offshoot of the EHR WG she didn't understand how it ended up there. SIGs tended to end up in Domain Experts, Woody offers. Austin suggests the SD chairs may want a caucus of the affected parties. Ed suggests a common motion to be presented for each of the two Steering Divisions to consider. Also consider cochairs from both WGs be present in each of the two Steering Divisions during the discussions. ACTION ITEM: Pat will send out a notice of the proposed process to the two groups. TSC will be meeting again Tuesday to address the outcome if necessary. Ed recalls a concern that Imaging Integration is often lacking representation at the WGM so their participation in the two SD meetings simultaneously may be an issue.
  7. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • WGM registration 178; comparative figures from a year ago would be to the Sydney meeting; only about a hundred registrants recalled from this time last year. HQ comparison numbers not available at this time.
  8. See you in 2012!


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • TSC will ask Dave to obtain those updated dates for the Clinical Statement project objectives for Project Insight.
  • Pat will send out a notice of the proposed process to the two groups affected by the Steering Division WG swap.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.