2012-01-30 TSC Call Minutes

From HL7 TSC
(Redirected from 2012-01-30 TSC Call Agenda)
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206

Date: 2012-01-30
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name Affiliation
regrets Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Woody Beeler HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Freida Hall HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
x Tony Julian HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Austin Kreisler HL7 TSC Chair, ad-hoc member
x Lynn Laakso HL7 staff support
x Patrick Loyd HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
x Charlie Mead HL7 ArB Chair
Don Mon HL7 Board Chair
Ravi Natarajan HL7 Affiliate Representative
Ron Parker HL7 ArB Alternate
x John Quinn HL7 CTO
x Helen Stevens Ad-hoc member
x Ed Tripp HL7 DESD Co-Chair
regrets Pat Van Dyke HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Mead Walker HL7 DESD SD Co-Chair
x Brian Pech observer
x Jean Duteau observer


Quorum Requirements (Chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes
  4. Assign review dates or update status on WGM action items:
    • Austin will also need to flag the Tooling EHR Profile designer as a SAIF Architecture project.
    • Austin suggests we follow up with Education as well as HQ on the idea of Monday Q1/Q2 tutorials for cochair and facilitator training topics
    • Woody will send John his few slides on primitives in UML for code systems, vocabulary and datatypes.
    • Freida will take it up with Dave that the PSS doesn't currently indicate whether an agreement is in place with whatever organization is collaborating.
    • Ed needs to draft a list of responsibilities for the ORC liaison.
    • Lynn will add a tracker to follow up on how to automate a crawl to check for WG web page updates. Consider for future use.
    • Austin suggests he talk with John, Mark and Karen on what is being done in the effort to identify implementation references and bring it back to discuss later
    • John's recommendations on ArB Composition; Outstanding discussion topic tabled from 2012-01-15_TSC_WGM_Agenda
  5. Approval items:
    Projects:
    Publication Request
    Withdrawal requests:
    Out of Cycle Meeting requests:
  6. Discussion topics:
    • Definition of DAMs and Functional Profiles at TSC Tracker # 2165 for offering click-through license.
    • Schedule discussion for upcoming conference call the review of the draft SI criteria metrics and determine exactly how we count them
  7. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • The TSC acknowledges the change to the composition of the Domain Experts Steering Division (DESD), and the Structure and Semantic Design Steering Division (SSD SD); DESD welcomes Clinical Genomics Work Group, and SSD SD receives the Imaging Integration Work Group.
    • The International Council (IC) decided to have a 14 day call for nominations for the TSC representative followed by a 7 day vote. Helen will initiate the call for nominations by Friday 2012-01-27.
    • The EHR WG requested normative publication of HL7 EHR-System Pharmacist/Pharmacy Provider Functional Profile, Release 1, at Project Insight # 698
  8. Open Issues List


Supporting Documents

  • See links

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) - Brian Pech and Jean Duteau are observing
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler suggests we postpone minutes to next week. Everybody should review their action items. We'll go straight to the approval agenda. Projects first, then OOC meetings, followed by withdrawal and then to discussion.
  3. John wanted to ensure that all were aware of Kay Hammond's passing last week.
  4. Approve Minutes - postpone
  5. Assign review dates or update status on WGM action items: postpone
    • Austin will also need to flag the Tooling EHR Profile designer as a SAIF Architecture project.
    • Austin suggests we follow up with Education as well as HQ on the idea of Monday Q1/Q2 tutorials for cochair and facilitator training topics
    • Woody will send John his few slides on primitives in UML for code systems, vocabulary and datatypes.
    • Freida will take it up with Dave that the PSS doesn't currently indicate whether an agreement is in place with whatever organization is collaborating.
    • Ed needs to draft a list of responsibilities for the ORC liaison.
    • Lynn will add a tracker to follow up on how to automate a crawl to check for WG web page updates. Consider for future use.
    • Austin suggests he talk with John, Mark and Karen on what is being done in the effort to identify implementation references and bring it back to discuss later
    • John's recommendations on ArB Composition; Outstanding discussion topic tabled from 2012-01-15_TSC_WGM_Agenda
  6. Approval items:
    Projects:
    • Motion: Approve project scope statement for CDA R2 CCD Transform to VA Blue Button ASCII Text File for Structured Documents WG of SSD SD at Project Insight # 843, TSC Tracker # 2152. Austin describes the project. Helen adds that it's just an XSLT stylesheet and a user's guide, not a tool and will not be balloted. Freida asks if anyone from VA is involved, providing test messages, etc. Helen believes some of the project team are under contract with the VA.
    • Vote: unanimously approved.
    • Motion: Approve project scope statement for Family Health History and Pedigree standard, Release 2, sponsored by Clinical Genomics WG of DESD at Project Insight # 844, TSC Tracker # 2153 Ed and Mead were not available to introduce. Freida noted that Release 1 is still under joint ballot, and may have its material replaced by this release 2 to answer comments from ISO ballot.
    • Vote: unanimously approved.
    • Motion: Approve project scope statement for Clinical Sequencing, for Clinical Genomics at Project Insight # 841, TSC Tracker # 2154. Noted that there should be a deliverable date noted for objective to DSTU. Woody has arrived but cannot speak to the project. Helen suggests we send it back to the DESD. John suggests perhaps they split it into multiple projects. Helen wonders if one fails ballot will that affect the other material. We cannot tell what they intend to take normative. Recommend they produce separate scope statements or clearly show the deliverables and sequence of what they're producing in this scope statement. Woody points out that the DESD minutes do not indicate approval on the 16th but they may be incomplete.
    • Vote: motion tabled. Austin will send a note to the DESD and WG co-chairs explaining why this project was tabled.
    • Motion: Approve project scope statement for Implementation Guide for CDA Release 3 – Representation of vital signs / physiological data compatible with ISO11073 for GAS WG of DESD at TSC Tracker # 2151. Austin wondered how they could develop an IG on CDA R3 when it doesn't exist yet, and SDWG has not approved cosponsorship. Helen and Woody agree.
    • Vote: motion tabled. Austin will contact the SD and WG chairs to iron out what is going on with this project.
    • Motion: Approve project scope statement for Pharmacy Service Profile for SOA WG of FTSD, cosponsored by Pharmacy WG of DESD at Project Insight # 838, TSC Tracker # 2159. Woody describes the project. They've been asked to provide a second DSTU implementer and have not responded. Helen suggests approving subject to obtaining a second DSTU implementer due to their intention to ballot in May. The May ballot is only informational. FTSD meeting tomorrow can follow up.
    • Vote: motion tabled. Woody will follow up with them on a second DSTU implementer.
    • Motion: Approve project scope statement for Terminfo – Implementation Guide for Using SNOMED CT and LOINC Terminologies in HL7 Artifacts, Release 2 for Vocab WG of FTSD at Project Insight # 849, TSC Tracker # 2162. Woody describes the project. Helen notes the impact on work and products of other Work Groups. Austin notes that some principles that come out of this should be applicable to all standards we develop; principles on following use of vocabulary should be put forward as harmonized patterns for the harmonization process. Mead joins. Discussion ensued on joint ballot or approval processes with IHTSDO.
    • Vote: unanimously approved.
    • Motion: Approve project scope statement for EHR System Function and Information Model (EHR-S FIM) for EHR WG of SSDSD at Project Insight # 688, TSC Tracker # 2164. Mead comments on the extensive list of cosponsors. Austin notes that we would flag this as part of the SAIF AP to flag functional profiles currently absent in the program. Woody adds the Publishing group is looking into the use of these profile models for publishing. It's not part of this project but a goal of Publishing.
    • Vote: unanimously approved. Helen leaves the call.
    • Motion: Approve project scope statement for Common Terminology Services – Release 2 (CTS 2) - Normative for Vocab WG at Project Insight # 324, TSC Tracker # 2163. Scope statement asks for the role of a Vocabulary facilitator in the implementation of services. Woody notes that services have largely ignored vocabulary facilitation in the past. Mead doesn't quite understand the question. Woody suggests we proceed with approval and check back with Vocabulary on the question.
    • Vote: unanimously approved. Woody will check back with Vocabulary on the pending question.
    Out of Cycle Meeting requests:
    • Request to approve Out of cycle meeting request for Pharmacy, 2012 March 6-7 in Norway, at TSC Tracker # 2158. Jean noted that Pharmacy OOC is being sponsored by HL7 Norway and the contact is Linae, the new PA chair. The registration process should follow the same as the past pharmacy OOC last fall.
    • Vote: unanimously approved. Lynn will follow up on details with the same registration process.
    • Request to approve Out of cycle meeting request for exception desired for Patient Care meeting in The Hague, Netherlands 2012-02-20&21. Exception requested for less-than-30 day notice, Further consideration by EC required for funding request, at TSC Tracker # 2171. John notes it's a few days behind schedule and the work group discussed it in San Antonio so its members are aware of the scheduled meeting. The bigger problem is to seek funding. Mead notes that a request for funding in order to do ballot reconciliation is unusual. Jean adds that the caveat is that the funding is for him to travel to the meeting. Many of the cochairs are already in Europe so easier to hold there if he can travel. It's not reconciliation but ballot material development with Michael Tan as the publishing facilitator and he their modeling facilitator. They pushed the request back to accommodate the date on the Pharmacy OOC request. Woody notes that Publishing welcomes an active meeting to accomplish these objectives which require focused work. Their work typically involves extended time and interaction and they are getting their act together in this sphere and focusing their scope. John adds that issues around this WG may be CIMI related. Woody and Jean clarify that they are not, but are RMIM and DMIM related. Austin summarizes that the funding request is to get a person there to maximize the utility of the meeting. Woody moves and Mead seconds approval of the request with the exception that the funding request must be addressed by the EC.
    • Vote: Helen and Freida/T3SD abstain. Approved 4/0/2. John will take it to the EC immediately following this call.
  7. Austin wishes to jump down to a discussion item on DAMs and Functional profiles. The Board has charged the TSC with coming up with definitions of DAMs and FPs to make them available free of charge. Charlie notes that they have it on their agenda at the ArB and already talked about it last Thursday. He anticipates hearing back from AMS and having a recommendation in the next couple of weeks. Woody asks if we can define them experientially; as we have a separate subset of documents in V3 called DAMs. FPs have only been published by the EHR subcommittee. Can't we use those parameters as definition? Woody notes that SAIF Artifact Definition has extended a semantic definition of DAMs already. Austin notes that the Board may be satisfied with the definition Woody has now provided. Mead notes we need to define "what does a DAM do"? Draft conceptual analysis model is closest generic definition Woody adds. Ed has joined the call. Woody further notes that the primary question is "what are we going to give away for free" when we may spin off a great deal of effort coming up with definitions. Austin has asked Dave Hamill to add a checkbox for Functional Profile on the PSS form. DAMs can self-identify in a form. Helen notes that EHR WG has no ambiguity on what goes into an FP. Austin notes that such a definition in the EHR WG is not clear to the rest of us. Helen notes EHR has a definitive list of EHR profiles, created within HL7, where others created outside of HL7 may not be our FPs. Woody moves that the DAMS in the V3 ballot and the list of EHR FPs recognized by the EHR WG be the definition of DAMs and FPs, seconded by Helen. Austin adds that in future those products identified as DAMs and FPs on the PSS. Helen asks if we'd like the EHR WG to produce a definitive list. Ed notes that DAMs might be a PDF picture or something fleshed out to include methodology. Ed recounts that he discussed with Don Mon something that can be represented as a PDF. There is general agreement. Austin finds this needs more discussion as we're at the top of the hour and continuing some discussion on the list. Roll over to next week, motion tabled.

Adjourned 12:00 EST


  1. Discussion topics:
    • Definition of DAMs and Functional Profiles at TSC Tracker # 2165 for offering click-through license.
    • Schedule discussion for upcoming conference call the review of the draft SI criteria metrics and determine exactly how we count them
  2. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • The TSC acknowledges the change to the composition of the Domain Experts Steering Division (DESD), and the Structure and Semantic Design Steering Division (SSD SD); DESD welcomes Clinical Genomics Work Group, and SSD SD receives the Imaging Integration Work Group.
    • The International Council (IC) decided to have a 14 day call for nominations for the TSC representative followed by a 7 day vote. Helen will initiate the call for nominations by Friday 2012-01-27.
    • The EHR WG requested normative publication of HL7 EHR-System Pharmacist/Pharmacy Provider Functional Profile, Release 1, at Project Insight # 698
  3. Open Issues List

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Austin will send a note to the DESD and WG co-chairs explaining why this project was tabled. Recommend they produce separate scope statements or clearly show the deliverables and sequence of what they're producing in this scope statement.
  • Austin will contact the SD and WG chairs to iron out what is going on with this project, to develop an IG on CDA R3 when it doesn't exist yet, and SDWG has not approved cosponsorship.
  • Woody will follow up with them on a second DSTU implementer for the Pharmacy Service Profile for SOA WG.
  • Woody will check back with Vocabulary on the pending question on Common Terminology Services – Release 2 (CTS 2) - Normative for Vocab WG.
  • Lynn will follow up on details with the same registration process for the pharmacy OOC meeting.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.