2012-02-13 TSC Call Minutes

From HL7 TSC
(Redirected from 2012-02-13 TSC Call Agenda)
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206

Date: 2012-02-13
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name Affiliation
Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Woody Beeler HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Freida Hall HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
x Tony Julian HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Austin Kreisler HL7 TSC Chair, ad-hoc member
x Lynn Laakso HL7 staff support
Patrick Loyd HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
x Charlie Mead HL7 ArB Chair
Don Mon HL7 Board Chair
Ravi Natarajan HL7 Affiliate Representative
Ron Parker HL7 ArB Alternate
x John Quinn HL7 CTO
x Helen Stevens Ad-hoc member
x Ed Tripp HL7 DESD Co-Chair
x Pat Van Dyke HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Mead Walker HL7 DESD SD Co-Chair
x Mollie Ullman-Collere CG co-chair, invited guest


Quorum Requirements (Chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2012-02-06 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Assign review dates or update status on action items:
    • Austin will also need to flag the Tooling EHR Profile designer as a SAIF Architecture project.
    • Austin suggests we follow up with Education as well as HQ on the idea of Monday Q1/Q2 tutorials for cochair and facilitator training topics
    • Woody will send John his few slides on primitives in UML for code systems, vocabulary and datatypes.
    • Freida will take it up with Dave that the PSS doesn't currently indicate whether an agreement is in place with whatever organization is collaborating.
    • Ed needs to draft a list of responsibilities for the ORC liaison.
    • Austin will talk with John, Mark and Karen on what is being done in the effort to identify implementation references and bring it back to discuss later
    • John's recommendations on ArB Composition; Outstanding discussion topic tabled from 2012-01-15_TSC_WGM_Agenda
    • Woody will follow up with them on a second DSTU implementer for the Pharmacy Service Profile for SOA WG. FTSD did not have quorum this past week.
    • Woody will check back with Vocabulary on the pending question on Common Terminology Services – Release 2 (CTS 2) - Normative for Vocab WG.
  5. Approval items:
    Projects:
  6. Discussion topics:
    • Co-chairs tutorial/session Monday night at May WGM in Vancouver with Thomas Erl
    • privacy issue of including emails in ballot comments spreadsheets (see TSC Tracker # 2174)
    • the EHR Cochairs recommend guidance around the release of Functional Profiles for the Pilot Project:
      • Any functional profile developed by the EHR Work Group which has been successfully balloted and published at the comment, informative and/or normative levels would be available.
      • Jointly held Functional Profiles (between Work Groups of HL7) would be made available with agreement of the cosponsoring Work Groups (e.g. Child Health Functional Profile)
      • Functional Profiles jointly developed between HL7 and other Standards Development Organizations would be made available if agreed upon by the organizations involved in the joint development. (e.g. the HL7/NCPDP Pharmacist/Pharmacy Provider Functional Profile)
  1. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  2. Open Issues List


Supporting Documents

  • See links

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) - Mollie Ullman joins the call for CG.
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler; no changes identified
  3. Approve Minutes of 2012-02-06 TSC Call Agenda; Helen abstains; approved 6/0/1
  4. Assign review dates or update status on action items:
    • Austin will also need to flag the Tooling EHR Profile designer as a SAIF Architecture project. Outstanding
    • Austin suggests we follow up with Education as well as HQ on the idea of Monday Q1/Q2 tutorials for cochair and facilitator training topics. Outstanding
    • Woody will send John his few slides on primitives in UML for code systems, vocabulary and datatypes. Completed
    • Freida will take it up with Dave that the PSS doesn't currently indicate whether an agreement is in place with whatever organization is collaborating. Completed
    • Ed needs to draft a list of responsibilities for the ORC liaison. Outstanding
    • Austin will talk with John, Mark and Karen on what is being done in the effort to identify implementation references and bring it back to discuss later
    • John's recommendations on ArB Composition; Outstanding discussion topic tabled from 2012-01-15_TSC_WGM_Agenda. Outstanding.
    • Woody will follow up with them on a second DSTU implementer for the Pharmacy Service Profile for SOA WG. FTSD did not have quorum this past week. Completed
    • Woody will check back with Vocabulary on the pending question on Common Terminology Services – Release 2 (CTS 2) - Normative for Vocab WG. Completed.
  5. Approval items:
    Projects:
    • Tabled Motion: Approve updated project scope statement for Clinical Sequencing, for Clinical Genomics at Project Insight # 841, TSC Tracker # 2154. Mollie comments that several published and near-published standards are in line with various parts o f workflow from DHHS use case so they wish to re-use a technique in creating a work flow and then ballot that in May to get everyone on the same page on what the messaging entails. Then they can point to areas of the workflow to point out useful artifacts (-omics DAM) or message types for certain transmissions. Consistent representation across the artifacts is part of the goal. Helen asks if both US and UV realm are intended. Mollie notes that Amnon will work on the UV realm part for CDA and US realm for V2.5.1 Lab is US realm. Helen notes it is a limitation of the PSS form for multiple artifacts. Freida accepts an action item to make note of the suggestion for the form for multiple artifacts in different realms.
    • Vote: Unanimously approved.
    • Tabled Motion: Approve project scope statement for Pharmacy Service Profile for SOA WG of FTSD, cosponsored by Pharmacy WG of DESD at Project Insight # 838, TSC Tracker # 2159. Woody reports they did not attend the last FTSD call, the next call is tomorrow. Remains tabled.
    • Tabled Motion: Approve project scope statement for Gene Expression for CG WG of DESD at Project Insight # 333?, TSC Tracker # 2172 Question on V3 messages and DAM and which artifacts will be taken normative are outstanding. Project Id now 867. New project scope submitted Feb 7.
    • Vote: Unanimously approved.
    • Motion: Approve project scope statement for Pedigree R1 Reaffirmation for CG WG of DESD at Project Insight # 852, TSC Tracker # 2176
    • Vote: Unanimously approved. Mollie leaves the call.
    • Motion: Affirm withdrawal request for HL7 Version 3 Development Framework, Release for MnM WG of FTSD at Project Insight # 299, TSC Tracker # 2175. Woody notes that they are not withdrawing the document just the continued balloting and close the project. The document will continue to be available as informative background.
    • Vote: Unanimously approved.
    • Austin reports that votes in progress in a number of steering divisions will likely result in more projects next week.
  6. Discussion topics:
    • the EHR Cochairs recommend guidance around the release of Functional Profiles for the Pilot Project:
      • Any functional profile developed by the EHR Work Group which has been successfully balloted and published at the comment, informative and/or normative levels would be available.
      • Jointly held Functional Profiles (between Work Groups of HL7) would be made available with agreement of the cosponsoring Work Groups (e.g. Child Health Functional Profile)
      • Functional Profiles jointly developed between HL7 and other Standards Development Organizations would be made available if agreed upon by the organizations involved in the joint development. (e.g. the HL7/NCPDP Pharmacist/Pharmacy Provider Functional Profile)
      Pat describes the discussion by the EHR cochairs. Woody comments that comment ballots are not considered 'successful' and no approval levels are set so should not be published as HL7 documents in a final state.
      • Revision: Any functional profile developed by the EHR Work Group which has been successfully balloted and published at the comment, informative and/or normative levels would be available.
      FPs published jointly between internal HL7 Work Groups are published by the same IP rules within HL7 so such specifications are not necessary
      • Revision: strike the second guidance statement.
      IP of joint publications need to be identified and clarified on a case-by-case basis, notes Helen. Woody notes we are not giving up copyright based on the MOU with the organization. Helen notes that some collaborations are specific to the development of the specific publication and may exist separately from the MOU which is more generic to the relationship.
      • Revision: collapse the first two bullets to indicate FP developed by HL7; and reword the third bullet on the collaboration with external organizations to review the MOU and specific agreements about that work product.
      • Motion: Pat moves we accept the refined guidance on EHR FPs. Helen seconds.
        • Any functional profile developed by HL7 which has been successfully balloted and published at the informative and/or normative levels would be available.
        • Functional Profiles jointly developed between HL7 and other Standards Development Organizations would be made available if established by Statement of Understanding (SOU) or as specifically agreed upon by the organizations involved in the joint development of a specific work product. (e.g. the HL7/NCPDP Pharmacist/Pharmacy Provider Functional Profile)
    • Vote: unanimously approved.
    • Co-chairs tutorial/session Monday night at May WGM in Vancouver with Thomas Erl
      • Opportunity to offer training on Thomas Erl's governance model at Vancouver. Charlie chimes in that the session would be on governance framework in the SAIF CD. Thomas has a 45 minute SAIF tutorial on YouTube. Thomas heard that HL7 was coming to Vancouver and would offer a governance course, which is typically three days with a massive textbook. Charlie discussed with him a crash three-hour tutorial, with a half-hour overview by Thomas and contextualized by Charlie for another two hours or so. It can be incorporated into the Monday night TSC and SD sessions or can be offered separately. Helen adds that we discussed some training for co-chairs in San Antonio and such a value-add bonus for co-chairs would be such a benefit to being a co-chair in addition to being a good idea in general. John adds that Thomas was a keynote speaker at the SOA in Healthcare OMG conference last year after which John and Chuck met with him, and reports his expertise as a professor in services-oriented IT environments and has taken an interest in healthcare. Woody notes that we should let people know when we have the three hour session scheduled but not take that time away from the advantage of the one time during the week when we have the co-chairs together. We have also a FHIR presentation that the co-chairs should all see as well. We need to still provide the co-chairs the opportunity to hear where the organization is going. Austin notes that we discussed having such education on Monday mornings on the non-plenary meetings. Woody recommends we just have the 20 minutes by Thomas and a Q&A. Mead suggests we could give up the SD sessions; Woody responds that if we did so the FTSD would demand another session. Austin suggests a lunch time session instead. Charlie notes that the three hours would not be a history of governance but a crash overview of 45 minutes with 15 minutes for questions would be meaningful. Woody notes that modeled on HIMSS it is possible to condense things into 20 minutes for an overview and question period. Austin recounts we could offer a 20 minute overview to the cochairs as an intro to a full tutorial session to allow cochairs to attend for free. Charlie adds that we could have the TSC session be a two way dialogue to ground Thomas' understanding in healthcare. Woody's concern is that a dialogue in a room of 100 people would not be intimate enough. Austin suggests delaying the Steering Division meeting by ½ hour and extending the dinner/meeting, removing the material that is duplicated throughout the week at the general session by him and John for example. Logistics material and ballot reporting of interest to the cochairs should be retained. Curtail the regular cochairs agenda with an hour for Thomas Erl presentation and questions, pushing back SD no more than ½ hour. Charlie will report to Thomas that we'll do two tutorials in the regular week schedule and the co-chairs session.
    • Postpone: privacy issue of including emails in ballot comments spreadsheets (see TSC Tracker # 2174)

Adjourned 11:59 AM EST


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Freida accepts an action item to make note of the suggestion for the form for multiple artifacts in different realms. See suggestion in PSC Tracker #2080.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.