2013-08-14 TRAC

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Risk Assessment Committee (TRAC) Agenda/Minutes

back to TRAC page

Meeting Info/Attendees

TRAC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 660-939-197

Date: 2013-08-07
Time: 10:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Pat Van Dyke Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum n/a
Chair/CTO Members Members
x Pat Van Dyke x Rick Haddorff Melva Peters
John Quinn x Austin Kreisler Ken McCaslin

Agenda

  • Agenda review and approval - Pat Van Dyke
  • Review minutes of 2013-08-07 TRAC
  • Action Items:
    • Pat will invite Ken to join with background documentation package
    • Pat will work on developing a straw man for separate criteria for informative ballot reconciliation in 6 months, for example.
  • Firm up what we want to have as deliverables at the September, 2013 WGM in Cambridge
  • Document risks/ mitigation strategies for the recent CDS projects' issues
  • Governance Point development see
  • updated spreadsheet
    • referred item on precept for a statement on whether an R2 project supersedes prior releases.
  • Continue reviewing the Risks that Melva identified from the survey


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
convened 10:05 AM

  • Agenda review and approval - Pat Van Dyke - Austin has some new items to discuss.
  • Firm up what we want to have as deliverables at the September, 2013 WGM in Cambridge
    • Pat was going to develop a skeleton on what is being done for critical/critical; this has not been done
  • Austin states that new risks should be evaluated as the Board rolls out new membership benefits. One example is the 90-day access window for member access to new standards, before accessibility by the public. Publication processes are fraught with changes to reconcile comments and the final production won't necessarily look like the ballot version. Some throw the material on a wiki, email it to a list, and so on for review prior to publication and this must be curtailed. FHIR is being implemented from the development material but this has a specific exception to the HL7 IP policy. How do you identify the point at which the material is "locked down" for distribution beyond members.
    • New risks discussed, methods for access to ballot material discussed. Ballot site is secured for members or ballot pool subscribers only. SVN access can be controlled in GForge. Use of GForge is not widely adopted and even a cheat sheet, or a set of instructions may not work. Web site documents can be marked as members-only but that is not the default and can be overridden by WG cochairs. They are already using wikis and external cloud drives. One mitigation for cochairs that won't discontinue these practices is the TSC could unseat them as cochairs or revoke their membership. Easiest tack is to change default on web site to be members-only. Override might require a note of why the document should be publicly available and notice to cochairs/staff. Could also use a dropbox sponsored by HL7 to facilitate the ease with which others are using that site. Pat will check with Karen on options for locking down access to pre-publication materials without violating ANSI openness policies.
    • Additional risks of the new member benefits discussed. ACTION ITEM: Pat will discuss with Board a companion committee to perform risk assessment on proposed member benefits and provide risk assessment to Board along with membership benefit proposal
  • updated spreadsheet

Adjourned 11:05 AM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
    • Pat will invite Ken to join with background documentation package
    • Pat will work on developing a straw man for separate criteria for informative ballot reconciliation in 6 months, for example.
  • Pat will discuss with Board a companion committee to perform risk assessment on proposed member benefits and provide risk assessment to Board along with membership benefit proposal
  • Pat will check with Karen on options for locking down access to pre-publication materials without violating ANSI openness policies.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • 2013-08-21 TRAC.
  • Austin offers regrets next week and will be on vacation the first two weeks of September.
  • Document risks/ mitigation strategies for the recent CDS projects' issues
  • Governance Point development
    • referred item on precept for a statement on whether an R2 project supersedes prior releases.
  • Continue reviewing the Risks that Melva identified from the survey

©2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.