2013-08-28 TRAC

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Risk Assessment Committee (TRAC) Agenda/Minutes

back to TRAC page

Meeting Info/Attendees

TRAC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 660-939-197

Date: 2013-08-28
Time: 10:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Pat Van Dyke Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum n/a
Chair/CTO Members Members
x Pat Van Dyke x Rick Haddorff regrets Melva Peters
John Quinn x Austin Kreisler Ken McCaslin

Agenda

  • Agenda review and approval - Pat Van Dyke
  • Review minutes of 2013-08-14 TRAC
  • Action Items:
    • Pat will invite Ken to join with background documentation package
    • Pat will work on developing a straw man for separate criteria for informative ballot reconciliation in 6 months, for example.
    • Pat will discuss with Board a companion committee to perform risk assessment on proposed member benefits and provide risk assessment to Board along with membership benefit proposal
    • Pat will check with Karen on options for locking down access to pre-publication materials without violating ANSI openness policies.
  • Firm up what we want to have as deliverables at the September, 2013 WGM in Cambridge
  • Document risks/ mitigation strategies for the recent CDS projects' issues
  • Governance Point development
    • referred item on precept for a statement on whether an R2 project supersedes prior releases.
  • Continue reviewing the Risks that Melva identified from the survey
  • Governance Point development see
  • updated spreadsheet


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
convened 10:02 AM

  • Agenda review and approval - Pat Van Dyke
  • Review minutes of 2013-08-14 TRAC Austin moves approval. Rick seconds; unanimously approved.
  • Action Items:
    • Pat will invite Ken to join with background documentation package - Pat is gathering this information this week.
    • Pat will work on developing a straw man for separate criteria for informative ballot reconciliation in 6 months, for example. She still has work to do on this.
    • Pat will discuss with Board a companion committee to perform risk assessment on proposed member benefits and provide risk assessment to Board along with membership benefit proposal; she needs to be prepared to discuss a formal risk assessment mechanism at the Board level
    • Pat will check with Karen on options for locking down access to pre-publication materials without violating ANSI openness policies. Austin has this as a discussion topic/issue for Cambridge. He recounts a situation just this week where material needed to be pulled off the wiki. Pat notes that joint ballots such as JIC where ballot material is distributed between SDOs.
  • Firm up what we want to have as deliverables at the September, 2013 WGM in Cambridge
    • Pat has asked for ½ hour on the TSC agenda to give a brief review of the process and overview of the sources of risk; total number of items and where we ended up. Need to summarize the critical/highs. She will also address continued participation on the group and the inventory of risk sources. These items in the inventory that cause evaluation of risk are vitality triggers. Depending on the new TSC chair's discretion, add a standing topic to report out from TRAC. Content may vary on characterize the critical/high risks and propose mitigations, or reviewing the vitality assessment triggers.
  • Document risks/ mitigation strategies for the recent CDS projects' issues
    • New member benefits concern where 90 days might not be enough as a differentiator.
  • Continue reviewing the Risks that Melva identified from the survey - Melva not on the call
  • Governance Point development see
  • updated spreadsheet
    • Membership changes Risks reviewed.
    • CDS Risks discussed. Content review team prescribed a set of recommendations for near term (this ballot) and mid-term changes post ballot. CDS is turning around changes for ballot readiness on Friday to open on Monday/Tuesday. One representative had said that informative level was acceptable, and another had said DSTU was absolutely required. The socio-political landscape is still on shifting sands. Implications of declaring the EA-generated schema as the normative standard exposed.
    • Need to document these risks on upcoming calls, perhaps post WGM.

Adjourned 10:59 AM


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Action Items:
    • Pat will invite Ken to join with background documentation package
    • Pat will work on developing a straw man for separate criteria for informative ballot reconciliation in 6 months, for example.
    • Pat will discuss with Board a companion committee to perform risk assessment on proposed member benefits and provide risk assessment to Board along with membership benefit proposal
    • Pat will check with Karen on options for locking down access to pre-publication materials without violating ANSI openness policies.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

©2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.