2013-09-18 TRAC

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Risk Assessment Committee (TRAC) Agenda/Minutes

back to TRAC page

Meeting Info/Attendees

TRAC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 660-939-197

Date: 2013-09-04
Time: 10:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Pat Van Dyke Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum n/a
Chair/CTO Members Members
x Pat Van Dyke x Rick Haddorff x Melva Peters
John Quinn x Austin Kreisler Ken McCaslin

Agenda

  • Agenda review and approval - Pat Van Dyke
  • Review minutes of 2013-09-04 TRAC
  • Action Items:
    • DAMs and IGs require conformance criteria (what is the right word… from the SAIF IG) - Austin
    • Pat will invite Ken to join with background documentation package
    • Pat will work on developing a straw man for separate criteria for informative ballot reconciliation in 6 months, for example.
    • Pat will discuss with Board a companion committee to perform risk assessment on proposed member benefits and provide risk assessment to Board along with membership benefit proposal
    • Pat will check with Karen on options for locking down access to pre-publication materials without violating ANSI openness policies.
  • Build-out of 25, 26, 27 for review and also the CDS items for the WGM
    • Other deliverables at the September, 2013 WGM in Cambridge
  • Governance Point development
    • referred item on precept for a statement on whether an R2 project supersedes prior releases.
  • Continue reviewing the Risks that Melva identified from the survey
  • Governance Point development see
  • updated spreadsheet


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Agenda review and approval - Pat Van Dyke
  • Review minutes of 2013-09-04 TRAC Austin moves approval seconded by Rick. Melva abstains; passes 2/0/1.
  • Action Items:
    • Pat notes that she has not set up the TRAC agenda for Saturday morning.
    • DAMs and IGs require conformance criteria (what is the right word… from the SAIF IG) - Austin
    • Pat will invite Ken to join with background documentation package - she will do so by Saturday.
    • Pat will work on developing a straw man for separate criteria for informative ballot reconciliation in 6 months, for example. Straw man is still in the bale…
    • Pat will discuss with Board a companion committee to perform risk assessment on proposed member benefits and provide risk assessment to Board along with membership benefit proposal; opportunity has not yet presented itself. Next week's agenda has not yet gone out.
    • Pat will check with Karen on options for locking down access to pre-publication materials without violating ANSI openness policies. Not yet done.
  • Governance Point development
    • referred item on precept for a statement on whether an R2 project supersedes prior releases. TSC has a mitigation in the Publication Request changes to identify such relationships, but we need to document the risk in the spreadsheet.
  • Continue reviewing the Risks that Melva identified from the T3F. She has not picked that up since prior review. We'll look at the T3F assessment items after the WGM
  • Build-out of 25, 26, 27 for review and also the CDS items for the WGM
    • CDS issues 226-229: Austin notes that S&I is consistently labeling their products as IGs, incorrectly. SDC (Structured Data Capture) has tried the same thing. Such products being brought in need to go through a review process. What SDC presented to TSC, notes Melva, doesn't relate to any existing HL7 standard; why bring it to us? Austin feels they are creating a novel, new standard. Pat notes they're not really looking at the existing standards before they bring it to us. It may even be based on some other SDO's standard notes Austin. Pat notes that SPL is facing some new laws and has contacted EHR. Austin notes we need rules around governing how things are brought forth like that. TSC US Realm Task Force is mitigation of lack of US affiliate. Lynn asks about the artifact definition and would it help? No one is driving it, so we don't have it and likely won't get done (certainly not on a volunteer basis). Mitigation of content review team was similar to what the ArB used to be responsible for. ArB was re-tasked to create SAIF, then recognized need for Business Architecture, (now BAM-lite) and has not returned to original function. Pat asks if HL7 wants to be in the position to head this S&I work, or be a repository for external development to add value? ONC S&I Framework includes premise that regulatory references be to SDO-published standards. CDC, FDA, VA, DOD have not had these problems working with HL7, but have driven other work through HL7 from within the organization.
    • Mitigation of 225 on WG harmonization with other Working Group activities: move the project scope deadline to the WGM or prior to, such that projects brought forward after the WGM may not ballot in the same cycle.
    • Mitigation with 228 with content review team, if such a project represents a new product or product family, should trigger closer review.
  • Updated risk assessment spreadsheet

Adjourned 11:02 AM


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

.WGM


©2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.