2013-11-06 TRAC

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Risk Assessment Committee (TRAC) Agenda/Minutes

back to TRAC page

Meeting Info/Attendees

TRAC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 660-939-197

Date: Wednesday, 2013-11-06
Time: 10:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Pat Van Dyke Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum n/a
Chair/CTO Members Members
x Pat Van Dyke regrets Rick Haddorff regrets Melva Peters
x John Quinn x Austin Kreisler Ken McCaslin

Agenda

  • Agenda review and approval - Pat Van Dyke
  • Review minutes of 2013-10-23 TRAC
  • Action Items:
    • DAMs and IGs require conformance criteria (what is the right word… from the SAIF IG) - Austin
    • Pat will work on developing a straw man for separate criteria for informative ballot reconciliation in 6 months, for example.
    • Austin and Pat will address this with the incoming Board Chair a companion committee to perform risk assessment on proposed member benefits and provide risk assessment to Board along with membership benefit proposal.
    • Pat will check with Karen on options for locking down access to pre-publication materials without violating ANSI openness policies
    • Melva will re-review the T3F risks and give a first draft on impact and likelihood for review on the next call.
  • CDA R3 vs CDA R2.1 and impact on US Realm and CCDA reviewed. This needs to be picked up as soon as ONC comes 'back to life', notes John.
  • TSC referred action: Raising the Bar - New Work Group Health metrics - Since the WGs have hit a perfect score on some of these metrics, we might consider new ones
    • Posting Agendas in advance of WGM
    • Submitting meeting room requests by the deadline.
  • Updated risk assessment spreadsheet

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

Review what to discuss with TSC on Monday on governance point. See updated governance point on Risk Assessment spreadsheet.

  • Pat asks about representation of these precepts. Representation of governance points/precepts may be elevated to the GOM, or represented in the PSS, enforced in Tooling, etc.
  • John joins.
  • Austin suggests we call it rules or guidelines as mechanisms for mitigating risks. Corresponding Erl term is governance vector.
  • Bring up for discussion on Monday on how or where these become documented. TSC will evaluate on case by case basis on where the governance points are documented (GOM, etc). Probably want a wiki page where these things are available. Pat agrees with her concern on how things become fragmented. Freida usually raises that issue, and with the separation of HL7 processes from ANSI essential processes it might be more viable.
  • Austin moves and John seconds approval of this item for Monday's TSC meeting.

WGH metric

  • Concern that if we add metrics we should consider retiring others
  • Everyone posted minutes last cycle; now we could look at agendas. We also agreed on WGM Effectiveness. Pat wants the context to include a package of activities needed for WGH. Austin notes we could combine posting meeting minutes into WGM effectiveness measures for posting agendas, rooms requested on time; all three is green, two of them is yellow, and one is red.
  • Add these to spreadsheet under risk of WGM not being effective. These are mitigations.

Adjourned 11:00 am

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)


Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.