2014-02-05 TRAC

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Risk Assessment Committee (TRAC) Agenda/Minutes

back to TRAC page

Meeting Info/Attendees

TRAC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#

Date: Wednesday, 2014-02-05
Time: 10:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Pat Van Dyke Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum n/a
Chair/CTO Members Members
x Pat Van Dyke x Rick Haddorff x Melva Peters
x John Quinn x Austin Kreisler Ken McCaslin

Agenda

  • Agenda review and approval - Pat Van Dyke
  • Review minutes of 2014-01-08 TRAC
  • Action Items:
    • Pat will review the GOM to see if the requirement for WGs to meet at each WGM is referenced. If not found, then a recommendation for endorsement by the TSC should be drafted. Lynn will check the cochairs handbook for reference that the WG must meet at each WGM.
    • Pat will work on developing a straw man for separate criteria for informative ballot reconciliation in 6 months, for example.
    • Melva will re-review the T3F risks and give a first draft on impact and likelihood for review on the next call.
  • Review updated risk spreadsheet
  • TSC referred action:
    • WG Balloting metric: bundling together other PBS metrics measures including balloting in previous cycles, submitting PSS on time and NIBs on time, etc
      • Ballot quality assessment consideration as a governance point/work group health metric/strategic initiatives dashboard metric. Larger sample size, Other measures the TRAC might assess are % of negatives less than 20, or ballots not returned versus negative balloters.
      • Discuss outreach to ballot evaluators on what additional ballot quality measures should be performed.
  • CDA R3 vs CDA R2.1 and impact on US Realm and CCDA

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Agenda review and approval -
  • Review minutes of 2014-01-08 TRAC Austin moves and Melva seconds approval. Approved.
  • Rick joins.
  • Action Items:
    • Pat will review the GOM to see if the requirement for WGs to meet at each WGM is referenced. If not found, then a recommendation for endorsement by the TSC should be drafted. Lynn will check the cochairs handbook for reference that the WG must meet at each WGM. Pat did not find a reference. For most WGs there is an expectation that they will meet at each WGM. Others that meet only once a year look more like users' groups. Differences in CIC, Anesthesia, Child Health, clinician membership versus developers reviewed. A requirement to meet might drive that constituency away, though the GOM still requires cochairs to attend 2 of three meetings a year, notes Austin. Melva adds that it is also a WGH metric for a cochair of each WG to attend the Steering Division meetings.
    • Pat will work on developing a straw man for separate criteria for informative ballot reconciliation in 6 months, for example. Nothing to report
    • Melva will re-review the T3F risks and give a first draft on impact and likelihood for review on the next call. Nothing to report
  • TSC referred action:
    • Reviewed with TSC the metric on turning in minutes for the WGM posted in two weeks. The room requests in one week as a metric is waiting for the new app. Agendas posted in 8 weeks also postponed though reminder given for sending links from WGM Information page. It's noted that the agendas should not be tied to the room requests as it's too early for detailed agenda. Agendas in room request app won't work for those that manage agendas on spreadsheets. Austin would rather see the agenda requirement be a month in advance rather than 2. At eight weeks by the time the interim WGH metrics are made available the WGs can have a draft agenda with meeting quarters for travel planning prior to the end of early bird registration; even if the draft is just to have the quarters that the WG is planning to meet, the details of the agenda can be changed as needed. For this cycle it would be March 14. Need to put the specific date for the agenda deadline on Lillian's document.
      • What functionality will the meeting room request application hold for updating agendas? The agendas have to be updateable to be useful; so nothing other than a pointer to some other location. Need to provide this feedback to Mike and Pete. Agenda setting of which quarters are joint and who is hosting is all the level of detail the tool needs to host.
      • Pat suggests the TSC should review the compliance with the new WGM meeting minutes deadline this Friday Feb 7. Pat will ping Ken to send a reminder.
  • Review 20140205 risk spreadsheet
    • Lynn combined the two references to project scope statement timeliness into #239. Pat and Lynn will review further offline for wording and review again next Wednesday.

Adjourned 10:59 AM.



Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Pat will ping Ken to send a reminder on the WGM Minutes deadline Friday
  • Pat and Lynn will review further offline for wording and review again next Wednesday.
  • Pat will provide feedback to Mike and Pete on appropriate level of agenda detail in the room scheduling app
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • 2014-02-12 TRAC
    • WG Balloting metric: bundling together other PBS metrics measures including balloting in previous cycles, submitting PSS on time and NIBs on time, etc
      • Ballot quality assessment consideration as a governance point/work group health metric/strategic initiatives dashboard metric. Larger sample size, Other measures the TRAC might assess are % of negatives less than 20, or ballots not returned versus negative balloters.
      • Discuss outreach to ballot evaluators on what additional ballot quality measures should be performed.


© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.