2014-05-28 TRAC

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Risk Assessment Committee (TRAC) Agenda/Minutes

back to TRAC page

Meeting Info/Attendees

TRAC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 889-380-173

Date: Wednesday, 2014-05-28
Time: 10:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Pat Van Dyke Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum n/a
Chair/CTO Members Members
x Pat Van Dyke x Rick Haddorff x Melva Peters
John Quinn x Austin Kreisler Ken McCaslin

Agenda

  • Agenda review and approval - Pat Van Dyke
  • Review minutes of 2014-05-21 TRAC
  • Action Items:
    • Generic WGM Checklist Calendar - Rick
    • Pat will work on developing a straw man for separate criteria for informative ballot reconciliation in 6 months, for example.
    • Melva will re-review the T3F risks and give a first draft on impact and likelihood for review on the next call.
    • Determine tracking metric on three pronged measure for minutes, meeting room requests and agenda posting - room request app is still in beta test not fully used this cycle so not ready for full rollout - review last cycle's data when Rick and Melva are on the call.
    • This group might identify the risks and suggest mitigations such as product family- or artifact-specific rules for versioning.
    • Add to spreadsheet tracker the risk mitigations identified:
      • TSC addition of ISM to publication request should be added to a mitigation strategy for an existing risk or create a strategic risk to represent what it is meant to mitigate.
      • US Realm Task Force as mitigation to risk where US Realm does not have authority of an affiliate.
  • TSC referred action:
    • WG Balloting metric: bundling together other PBS metrics measures including balloting in previous cycles, submitting PSS on time and NIBs on time, etc using Ballot quality assessment consideration as a governance point/work group health metric/strategic initiatives dashboard metric. Would measurements from before and after the changed process to disallow a single check box to enroll in all of the ballots be meaningful? Discussion on TSC agenda 6/9.
  • Review 20140212 risk spreadsheet
    • precepts for the IP protection issues and address the related risks.
    • Risk identification from recent XSLT vulnerability issue

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Pat convenes at 10:04 AM

  • Agenda review and approval - Pat Van Dyke - no comments
  • Review minutes of 2014-05-21 TRAC - no updates; Pat reminds that we don't meet next week but the 11th and 18th though not the 25th.
  • Action Items:
    • Generic WGM Checklist Calendar - Rick
      • Rick reviews his calendar with category colors defined. TRAC deadlines in yellow, Pink are balloting, green are WGM related. He has identified the need to add the link to the appropriate documents from the calendar entries.
      • methods of sharing the calendar, publishing the calendar and exporting the calendar entries discussed. Repeatably creating entries based on a WGM cycle date would be a goal to avoid extensive manual maintenance. Google calendar vs outlook vs Apple formats would be desirable. Socializing it with cochairs should include verbiage explaining that it is to help them in managing their tasks associated with HL7, by sending it out through the steering divisions to get feedback.
      • Rick and Lynn will look at the sharing, publishing and uploading options to review on 6/11. Melva volunteers to be the apple test subject. Austin can test google calendar with his smart phone.
    • Review late projects with Dave - he's just back and we can review for the 11th.
    • Determine tracking metric on three pronged measure for minutes, meeting room requests and agenda posting - room request app is still in beta test not fully used this cycle so not ready for full rollout - review last cycle's data when Rick and Melva are on the call.
    • Review items surfaced at the WGM that apply to the group:
      • This group might identify the risks and suggest mitigations such as product family- or artifact-specific rules for versioning. Release numbering versus version numbering for product family strategies discussed. Austin notes that the technology used for publishing or creating artifacts with each product family may have its own versioning scheme. Pat relates concern for consistent definition of substantive change with numbering and publication of errata.
      • Add to spreadsheet tracker the risk mitigations identified:
        • TSC addition of ISM to publication request should be added to a mitigation strategy for an existing risk or create a strategic risk to represent what it is meant to mitigate.
        • US Realm Task Force as mitigation to risk where US Realm does not have authority of an affiliate.
  • Review 20140528 risk spreadsheet
    • precepts for the IP protection issues and address the related risks.
    • Risk identification from recent XSLT vulnerability issue
    • Pat refers to the Governance Point section of the consolidated risk assessment and review the tools we're using for what is useful. Creation and editing of risk 243 for Lack of consistency in product development and definition with rapid development of products, with mitigation Add context of understanding how a product is to be used, by adding the ISM matrix to PSS and publication request to indicate what placement in the ECCF the product represents.
      • Review of metrics columns on both the risks spreadsheet and governance point sheet. Remove metrics from the consolidated risks sheet and use the GP tab for documenting metrics.
      • For next call, get an update from Dave on PSSes, review calendar progress, and then review the use and definition of the columns in the governance points focusing on the ISM.
  • TSC referred action:
    • WG Balloting metric: bundling together other PBS metrics measures including balloting in previous cycles, submitting PSS on time and NIBs on time, etc using Ballot quality assessment consideration as a governance point/work group health metric/strategic initiatives dashboard metric. Would measurements from before and after the changed process to disallow a single check box to enroll in all of the ballots be meaningful? Discussion on TSC agenda 6/9. Pat will circulate bullet points prior to the meeting for review.


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)


Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • 2014-06-11 TRAC.
  • get an update from Dave on PSSes, review calendar progress, and then review the use and definition of the columns in the governance points focusing on the ISM.

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.