2015-01-05 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2014-01-05
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau .
Regrets John Quinn Regrets Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Doug Fridsma HL7 Chair-Elect vote . . . obs2 .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2014-12-15 TSC Call Agenda

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:

Management

  1. Review action items
  2. Home work in advance of the WGM meeting
    • All: Review Help Desk Support Process
      • Please ask for input from your WGs regarding: how the current process is going - for our discussion on Saturday
        • What is working, what needs to change
        • Is there anything that should be highlighted about the Help Desk that the WG co-chairs discovered
    • All: TSC Strategic Planning - For WGM discussion
      • What should the TSC consider as top priorities
      • What should the TSC eliminate from their list of work
      • What should the TSC do to improve our processes (things to eliminate, to improve, and/or add)
      • What should the TSC do to better communicate the work they do
    • All: Review Mission & Charter and DMP
    • How best to work with the board
    • Paul to look into setting up a UDI task force meeting in San Antonio
    • Paul and Andy: external links issue
  3. Approval items:
  4. Approval items from e-vote ending 2014-12-19: Approved 7/0/0 with CTO, T3SD, ARB, DESD, SSD-SD and 2 International Affiliates Voting:
  5. Discussion topics:
  6. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  7. Open Issues List

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Meeting minutes from 2014-12-15 approved.
  • Help desk support process: in prep for Saturday meeting, get input from your WGs re: what is working, what isn’t. Ken will get a list of what requests for the help desk have been submitted since the last WG meeting. What if we aren’t getting any at all – is that a good thing or a bad thing? Will add to TSC call for next week.
  • Ballot naming convention: Should we discuss in San Antonio, or hold it off until May? Group agrees to hold off until May.
  • TSC Strategic Planning: what are our top priorities? What should we eliminate, how should we improve our processes, and how should we better communicate our work?
  • Mission/Charter & DMP review
  • How best to work with the board: need to review how we interact with the Board to keep the relationship strong.
  • UDI task force meeting – Paul has set one up.
  • External links: Paul and Andy have put a slide deck together for review in San Antonio.
  • Open issues list:
    • strategic dashboard criteria discussion. Can this come off the list? Is this still a worthwhile thing? Calvin suggests we should re-evaluate after Saturday meeting to let that discussion inform this decision. **Will update tracker 3313 – are now in evaluation phase; will trigger to do eval in May and September meeting, and in September we’ll evaluate if we need to continue deliberating or submit to the GOC for updates to the GOM.
    • 3018 – facilitation training: created by education, but has not gotten the attention of the WGs that need the training. Thursday at WGM is vocab and MnM – perhaps this should be discussed at that meeting to see if it is necessary to continue this project. Still need new facilitators with materials explaning expectations and processes. Paul will raise the issue in the Monday night meeting with Vocab and MnM. Andy states that publishing will look at it but their current process seems to be working. Ken suggests that we will revisit after WG meeting for next steps. Assign to Melva in the meantime. Ken will update list of responsibilities for the TSC liaison to the ORC.
    • Reviewed open trackers
    • Meeting adjourned at 11:45 a.m.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • All: Review M&C and DMP
  • All: Gather feedback from your WGs on help desk requests
  • Melva to revisit facilitation training issue
  • Ken to raise issue of facilitation training during WG with Vocab and MnM
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.