2015-07-01 TRAC

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

_

TSC Risk Assessment Committee (TRAC) Agenda/Minutes

back to TRAC page

Meeting Info/Attendees

TRAC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 889-380-173

Date: Wednesday, 2015-07-01
Time: 10:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Pat Van Dyke Note taker(s): Anne
Quorum n/a
Chair/CTO Members Members
Pat Van Dyke x Rick Haddorff Freida Hall
x Austin Kreisler Ken McCaslin Melva Peters
John Quinn x John Roberts
Guests . Paul Knapp . Andy Stechishin


Agenda

  • Agenda review and approval - Pat Van Dyke
  • Review minutes of 2015-06-27 TRAC
  • Discussion Topics:
    • Referencing External Documents
    • Endorsement of External Standards in HL7 Ballot Items

Minutes

  • Call began at 10:05.
  • Previous week’s discussion: do we need to be curating items from other groups within our standards? John references a site that was no longer available that was referenced in our standards.
  • Other items for TRAC? Austin: Structured Docs and CQI are struggling with a proposal to use a particular extension in CDA. The standard itself says that any CDA extension used needs to be one that can be safely ignored. This one is not safe to ignore. One side is saying that it should not be adopted because it’s not safe for patients, but the other side is saying they must have it. They are trying to conduct a risk assessment to determine how it can be dealt with if it’s adopted. One solution has been proposed that is much more involved than simply adopting an extension. This is in the next release of QRDA. There has been a modeling approach using other pieces of CDA but they are more complex to implement. Pat: It seems like there should be a formal fix. Austin: there will be a fix in CDA 2.1, but that’s a new release that is moving slowly. Every implementer of QRDA would have to make the change, including CMS. Austin states this is a true risk to a patient due to an omission in one of our standards. Some individuals are stating we should ignore it and move on because of time pressure from CMS. Austin will continue to monitor the situation and brief TRAC on the results of the risk assessment.
  • Rick brings forward that at recent meeting, Andy reviewed publishing risks. It was suggested that he bring those forward to TRAC. Reviewed the slides prepared by Brian Pech. Pat will invite Brian to next week’s call for discussion.


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)


Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.