2016-02-01 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2016-MM-DD
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian Regrets Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
. John Quinn x Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Russ Hamm . Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts . Paul Knapp Regrets Pat van Dyke . Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
Regrets Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 . Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2016-01-04 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Approve Minutes of 2016-01-09_TSC_WGM_Agenda
  5. Approve Minutes of 2016-01-10_TSC_WGM_Agenda
  6. Approve Minutes of 2016-01-13_TSC_WGM_Agenda
  7. Approve Minutes of 2016-01-13_TSC_WGM_Agenda

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Develop draft process for endorsement of other SDO's standards using normative structure without ANSI involvement - John R./Freida
    • John R., Pat, Freida and Ken to work together to draft the SOU or associate charter amendment and the changes to the GOM
    • Ken to work with EC to build marketing campaign highlighting T3SD WG volunteer opportunities for TSC discussion on 2016-02-08
    • Project Services/Publishing to review and update the standards sunset process with TSC review on 2016-02-08
    • Paul to ask CGIT for a formal request for their proposed name change to "C" for TSC discussion on 2016-02-08
    • Melva to work on a proposed process for moving Anesthesia into Healthcare Devices
  2. Approval Items from Last e-Vote Referred for Discussion:
    • Project Approval Request from the Structured Docs WG of the SSD-SD for Occupational Data for Health Data Elements and Structure for Consolidated CDA Social History Section at Project Insight 1225 and TSC Tracker 9147
      • Referred by ARB: External content has not been reviewed by the ARB
      • Referred by Freida: 1) New product is checked - is it, and if so is further action by TSC required? and 2) Since IHE is identified for "Synchronization" - should HSI be a co-sponsor?
    • Project Approval Request by the CDS WG of the SSD-SD for Guideline Appropriate Ordering Profile at Project Insight 1210 and TSC Tracker 9155
      • Referred by Freida: Do we need to have any special notation for external developed content (IHE in this case) incorporated in FHIR, even if just an acknowledgement statement in the introduction? In past for IGs, we have “co-branded” on cover page, but how do we handle FHIR?
    • Project Approval Request by the CDS WG of the SSD-SD for Knowledge Artifact Authoring Environment Requirements Definition Project at Project Insight 1145 and TSC Tracker 9340
      • Referred by T3SD: We need to ensure it meets our Whitepaper balloting criteria
      • Referred by Freida: Suggest requiring Informative ballot if they want to be published in Master Grid. Should EHR be an interested party since this project scope “…intends to solicit the clinical community’s experience and expertise in defining functional requirements for a knowledge artifact authoring environment…” and the EHR-S Functional Model includes clinical decision support function definition?
      • Referred by ARB: 3.j URL of the place of documentation is required. "See above" is insufficient when the immediate above is N/A.
    • Project Approval Request from the CQI WG of the DESD of a DSTU update to QRDA Category I Draft Standard for Trial Use at Project Insight 210 and TSC Tracker 9342
      • Referred by T3SD: Requires special dispensation from the TSC to use V3 Datatypes R1
    • Project Approval Request by the II WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 Endorsement of DICOM PS3.20: Imaging Reports using HL7 CDA at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 9341
      • Referred by Freida: Suggest the IG be balloted Informative. 5b - there is an attachment referenced requiring action by HQ
      • Referred by Austin: Since the above item is a request to ballot as an externally developed IG, the PSS indicates that HQ needs to take action on the Joint Copyright question, I believe it is premature for the TSC to approve this PSS until the copyright agreement between HL7 & DICOM has been agreed to by both parties. The PSS also indicates the TSC needs to identify what ballot level this endorsed IG needs to use.
      • Referred by ARB: I am unclear on the Target dates. I see no balloting, but I do see publishing - twice(May 2015, Feb 2016)
    • Project Approval Request by the RCRIM WG of the DESD for Drug Stability Reporting (dStability) at Project Insight 275 and TSC Tracker 9327
      • Referred by ARB: 1.PSS is marked DSTU to Normative, but scope is Reaffirmation of an existing standard 2.3.d No risks? What if it fails? 3. 3.E Security risks are marked Unknown - if this is reaffirmation then they should be known. 4.3.j:is required, "To support requirements traceability, enter the requirements known at this point in time of the project. Because this document is early in the Project Lifecycle, if requirements are yet to be determined, enter the SPECIFIC URL where they will be documented." 5.Deliverables: Ballot 2016 January: Isnt it a bit late? 6. 3.I Project Document Repository location is template - no location 7.5.b Joint Copyright. Words "IG Is" have been added. 8.6.a: Date of external content review by the ARB is blank. 9.6.c. It appears that the SD approved the PSS w/o WG approval.
    • Project Approval Request from the RCRIM WG of the DESD for RCRIM FHIR Resources and Profiles at Project Insight TBC and TSC Tracker 9329
      • Referred by ARB: 3.M is not checked. 3.N is not checked 3.j URL of the place of documentation is required.
    • Project Approval Request by the CIC WG of the DESD for THEMES (Terminology Harmonization in Exercise Medicine and Exercise Science at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 9328
      • Referred by ARB: 3.j URL of the place of documentation is required. 6.a : I am unclear on how a externally funded project is not externally developed.
    • Project Approval Request from the PHER WG of the DESD for Development and Maintenance of Vital Records Death Reporting FHIR Resources and Profiles at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 9330
      • Referred by ARB: 3.j URL of the place of documentation is required
    • Approve TSC Mission and Charter edits
      • Referred by Freida - edits recorded on new document
      • Referred by ARB: IMHO: strategic initiative needs a qualifier.  ?HL7 strategic initiative?The abbreviation TSC is defined in the Charter, but first mentioned in the Mission. The abbreviation GOM is not defined. The abbreviation TSC is redefined in Work Products. The abbreviation HL7 is not defined. IMHO: The mission of the Health Level Seven (HL7) Technical Steering Committee(TSC) is to .....
    • Approve TSC DMP edits
      • Referred by Freida: Edits recorded on new document
      • Referred by ARB: 3.2.1.c.ii - Assumes that EventMobi will persist. In absence of EventMobi then either email or announcement are the only alternatives.
      • Referred by Giorgio: “When relationships between HL7 and external organizations involve the use by HL7 of a standard or specification developed by the external organization; then the use/specialization/localization of the specification by HL7 is governed by principles and practices specified by the HL7 SAIF Canonical Definition (SAIF CD) and the HL7 SAIF IG.” My understanding is that HL7 SAIF IG is not and probably will not be available in a short time (please correct me if I’m wrong). In case, could be appropriate to modify that part as follows ? “When relationships between HL7 and external organizations involve the use by HL7 of a standard or specification developed by the external organization; then the use/specialization/localization of the specification by HL7 is governed by principles and practices specified by the HL7 SAIF Canonical Definition (SAIF CD) and the HL7 SAIF IG.”
      • Referred by Austin: Suggested edit: Section 3.2.1 WGM Agendas Current: c) ii. Notification on the EventMobi at least 2 quarters prior to the event Proposed: c) ii. Notification via the HL7 Headquarters identified mechanism(s) at least 2 quarters prior to the event
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote:
  4. Approval Items for This Week:
    • MOTION from FMG to add the role of FHIR Product Director as an ex officio with vote member to FMG and either with or without vote to FGB.
  5. Discussion topics:
    • Proposal from Project Services regarding PBS metrics guidance to SD co-chairs
  6. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  7. Open Issues List

Minutes

  • Meeting minutes from 01-04 approved via general consent
  • Edits made to 2016-01-09. Accepted through general consent.
  • 2016-01-10, 2016-01-10-02 and 2016-01-13 accepted through general consent.
  • Items referred by e-vote
    • Occupational Data for Health Data Elements and Structure for Consolidated CDA Social History Section
      • ARB: Needs review by ARB.
      • New product was checked but is a mistake. HSI has been added as a co-sponsor.
      • MOTION by Tony to accept project; second by Austin.
      • VOTE: all in favor
    • Guideline Appropriate Ordering Profile
      • Freida: special notation for externally developed content incorporated into FHIR? Freida suggests that it be sent to FMG (and possibly consult with publishing to determine how it will be co-branded).
      • MOTION by Melva to approve with the action item that the issue of co-branding is forwarded to FMG and publishing; second by Freida.
      • VOTE: Paul abstains. Remaining votes all in favor
        • ACTION: Anne to add to FGB and FMG for discussion
    • Knowledge Artifact Authoring Environment Requirements Definition Project
      • Referred by T3SD, Freida, and ARB. Need to ballot as informative.
        • Anne to forward to Ken to take back to WG
    • QRDA Cat I DSTU
      • MOTION to approve by Andy; second by Austin
      • VOTE: John Roberts abstains. Remaining votes all in favor.
    • Endorsement of DICOM
      • John Roberts reports that the EC has not concluded its review of endorsement. Ken reports that his feeling is that they are leaning away from doing endorsements. Freida states there is a draft for changes to add an endorsement ballot type. Ken defers this item until at least next week until he can get some feedback from EC. Freida had suggested that they ballot informative to avoid the issue.
        • ACTION: Add to next week's agenda
    • Drug Stability Reporting (dStability)
      • Referred by ARB
      • Melva will confirm whether it's a reaffirmation or a DSTU and go back to WG with questions. If it's a reaffirmation then some items aren't necessary.
        • ACTION: add to next week's agenda
    • RCRIM FHIR Resources and Profiles
      • Melva will take issues back to WG
        • ACTION: add to next week's agenda
    • THEMES:
      • Melva will take issues back to WG
        • ACTION: add to next week's agenda
    • Development of Vital Records Death Reporting FHIR Resources and Profiles
      • Lorraine states the URL should be the SVN in Gforge
      • Melva will take issues back to WG
        • ACTION: add to next week's agenda
    • Mission and Charter edits
      • Reviewed Freida's edits.
      • MOTION to approve by Tony; second by Freida
      • VOTE: all in favor
        • MOTION by Melva to reopen the discussion to review Giorgio's concern about the wording around the SAIF; second by Tony.
        • VOTE: all in favor
        • Edited the sentence to remove "and the HL7 SAIF IG.
        • MOTION to accept by Freida; second by Andy.
        • VOTE: all in favor
        • ACTION: Anne to update the Mission and Charter template to sync with the second paragraph of the Charter
    • DMP edits
      • Reviewed Freida's edits and incorporated Austin's edit.
      • MOTION by Melva to accept; Paul seconds.
      • VOTE: all in favor


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.