2016-02-08 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2016-MM-DD
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
. Wayne Kubick Regrets Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Russ Hamm Regrets Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp Regrets Pat van Dyke . Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . x John Moehrke x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . x Virginia Riehl x Karen Van Henentryck
. . . . obs2 x Dave Hamill
. . . . obs2 x Lynn Laakso


. . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2016-02-01 TSC Call Agenda

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Develop draft process for endorsement of other SDO's standards using normative structure without ANSI involvement - John R./Freida
    • John R., Pat, Freida and Ken to work together to draft the SOU or associate charter amendment and the changes to the GOM
    • Ken to work with EC to build marketing campaign highlighting T3SD WG volunteer opportunities for TSC discussion on 2016-02-08
    • Project Services/Publishing to review and update the standards sunset process with TSC review on 2016-02-08 (originated with CCOW withdrawal issue)
    • Paul to ask CGIT for a formal request for their proposed name change to "C" for TSC discussion on 2016-02-08
    • Melva to work on a proposed process for moving Anesthesia into Healthcare Devices
  2. Approval items brought back for this week:
  3. Approval Item for This Week:
  4. Discussion topics:
    • ONC project to ensure conformance testing is available across standards - Karen Van Hentenryck, Dave Hamill (20 minutes)
    • Issues with two balloted items not following ANSI procedures - Karen
    • Recommendation from the ARB concerning the location of project documentation - Tony (10 minutes)
      • For HL7 projects work groups SHALL have documentation of the links to their material on either the HL7.org website, or wiki.hl7.org website. For External projects: a) From the point at which materials are ready for ballot all work product(s) SHALL be stored on HL7 managed platforms. b) Work groups SHOULD place all of their development materials on an HL7 managed web site.
    • Request from FMG to add the role of FHIR Product Director as an ex officio with vote member to FMG and either with or without vote to FGB.
    • Request from FGB that the FGB M&C be amended to have the FHIR Product Director substituted into the role of TSC ex-officio previously held by the CTO
    • Proposal from Project Services regarding PBS metrics guidance to SD co-chairs - Freida
  5. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  6. Open Issues List

• ===Minutes===

  • Karen and Dave here to discuss ONC project to ensure conformance testing is available across our portfolio of standards. Would like a recommended approach from the TSC. Have heard that V3 has built in conformance - would like clarity around that. How would we go about adding the conformance statements to the IGs? Would we need to develop a program to certify?
    • Ken: what you're doing now is getting us prepared, and then detailed conversations will take place over upcoming weeks? Karen: yes, we want to start the work and the conversation. Dave and Karen have started working with the Conformance WG already. At the end, what we would like to have is a process and a plan that would be supported by the TSC and the Board. Dave reports that CGIT helped create the RFP. John R. suggests getting Templates and Vocabulary involved.
    • Freida: is this going to be grandfathered for existing IGs? Karen: that is an open question at this point. Collectively with the TSC and the WGs we need to make that decision. Ken: we want you to think about what kinds of things we need to consider and over the next few weeks bring these concerns and ideas forward to determine the best path. John R.: let's put Karen's questions in a wiki, we could all go in and register our thoughts over the next few weeks.
      • ACTION: add wiki for questions to TSC wiki
  • Karen also here to discuss two balloted items not following ANSI procedures - GELLO IG and Reaffirmation of GELLO Release 2. There was a conditional approval by TSC but wasn't approved by steering division until ballot was already released. Staff also failed to enter final approval date. Would like to reballot these to we can proceed according to our procedures. Would like the TSC to approve the GELLO IG going forward today and then reballot both.
    • MOTION by John R. to proceed as Karen suggested to approve the GELLO IG and reballot the items. Second by Freida. Freida: we approved some things conditionally because of some lengthy approval processes by Steering Divisions. Would we want to have contingent approvals for things that aren't normative, or have a hard line? Melva: DESD has changed vote to 10 calendar days. She doesn't believe we should do conditional approvals. Ken: should we write up something to go in update from TSC - no provisional voting on ballot items? Melva: yes, and we should announce it at steering division meetings as well.
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Recommendation from ARB concerning the location of project documentation:
    • MOTION by Tony to adopt these recommendations by the ARB. Second by Andy. Austin: what about reaffirmation ballots w/o content? We need clear instructions that they need to point to existing content. What about externally developed IGs - is that an exception? We have a project that is being jointly developed with HL7 and NCPDP and the requirements are on an NCPDP server. How to manage jointly developed content with a peer SDO? Tony: are we going to ballot this? Austin: yes, and NCPDP is going to be balloting it as well. Tony: so we're producing a ballot that only points to material that is somewhere else? Austin: The IG will reside on HL7, as well as NCPDP. We've got to take into account that other SDOs have rules and regulations around this. There has to be a way to allow some of these things go forward without overburdening the project team. Lynn: in the past we have reissued the document with our cover page and put in our ballot site. Austin: yes, the work product has to show up here. Austin thinks it needs amendments for exceptions to promote cooperating with other groups. Freida: maybe if we have an SOU with the group we can have something on their side? Austin: yes, that would help. Andy: does the other group allow access to the materials? Austin: in this instance, yes.
    • ACTION: Austin will walk through this with the ARB and come back with an amended proposal on 2016-02-22
    • MOTION withdrawn by Tony.
  • Request by FMG to add the role of FHIR Product Director as an ex officio with vote member to FMG and either with or without vote to FGB.
    • MOTION by Austin to accept the request by FMG; second by Andy.
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Request from FGB that the FGB M&C be amended to have the FHIR Product Director substituted into the role of TSC ex-officio previously held by the CTO
    • Ken: I don't think we want to remove the CTO from that group. Austin: the original notion of having the CTO there was as a replacement for a product director. SGB and ARB are going to be jointly discussing the role of product director - that may be the best place to determine if the CTO should remain.
    • Decision to wait until SGB and ARB have met to make the decision.
    • ACTION: Add to 2016-02-22 agenda with Austin and Tony reporting
  • Guidance for Steering Division Co-Chairs using PBS Metrics and WGH to evaluate WG capacity to undertake new effort
    • If WG health score is green, no further action is required. If yellow or red, the SD co-chairs should follow guidance in document.
    • MOTION by Freida to approve document; second by John Roberts. Ken: will we try to put this in place for May? Freida: yes, we're trying to get the 2016 PSS to roll out in May.
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Ken shares recent conversations about SSD-SD. Calvin out with surgery and Pat has effectively resigned from SSD-SD and is currently on vacation. Pat put out an e-vote for an interim co-chair that terminates today, although the votes typically go until quorum is reached. Ken assumes she is holding her departure until the interim is in place.
  • Meeting minutes from 2016-02-01 accepted through general consent.
  • All action items deferred to 2016-02-15
  • First two approval items brought back from last week deferred to 2016-02-15
  • eStability
    • MOTION to accept by Tony; second by John R.
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • RCRIM FHIR Resources
    • MOTION to accept by John R.; second by Andy
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Development and Maintenance of Vital Records Death Reporting FHIR Resources and Profiles
    • MOTION to accept by John R.; second by Tony
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Adjourned at 11:58 am Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.