2016-02-15 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2016-02-15
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick . Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli Regrets Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Russ Hamm Regrets Calvin Beebe . Andy Stechishin
. John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
x Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote x Lynn Laakso . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote x Karen Van Hentenryck . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2016-02-08 TSC Call Agenda

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Anne to add conformance testing project questions to TSC wiki
    • John R., Pat, Freida and Ken to work together to draft the SOU or associate charter amendment and the changes to the GOM
    • Ken to work with EC to build marketing campaign highlighting T3SD WG volunteer opportunities
    • Project Services/Publishing to review and update the standards sunset process (originated with CCOW withdrawal issue) - Freida
    • Paul to ask CGIT for a formal request for their proposed name change to "C"
    • Melva to work on a proposed process for moving Anesthesia into Healthcare Devices
  2. Previous Approval Items Requiring Followup:
    • Project Approval Request by the II WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 Endorsement of DICOM PS3.20: Imaging Reports using HL7 CDA at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 9341
      • Ken deferred this item until he could get feedback from the EC on whether or not we will be doing endorsements.
    • Project Approval Request by the CDS WG of the SSD-SD for Knowledge Artifact Authoring Environment Requirements Definition Project at Project Insight 1145 and TSC Tracker 9340
      • Ken to take back to WG with comments/concerns.
    • Project Approval Request by the CIC WG of the DESD for THEMES (Terminology Harmonization in Exercise Medicine and Exercise Science at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 9328
      • Melva to take back concerns to WG (Referred by ARB: 3.j - URL of the place of documentation is required. 6.a - I am unclear on how an externally funded project is not externally developed.)
      • Updated PSS here
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 7/0/0 with DESD, T3SD, SSD-SD, Jean, Freida, Austin, and Giorgio voting:
  4. Approval items for this week:
  5. Discussion topics:
  6. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  7. Open Issues List

Minutes

  • Meeting minutes from last week approved via general consent
  • Karen here to touch base about the conformance testing project questions. No responses have been collected as of yet.
  • Lynn here to discuss the sunsetting process for standards, particularly CCOW. 5 year period has expired with ANSI. Request has been to republish without ANSI accreditation. Lynn is against that option; republishing without ANSI stamp has multiple issues. If it's being used, it should be reaffirmed. Pat does not disagree. Tony states that INM had a negative comment on the reaffirmation based on the fact that the standard is not being worked on and it's not best practice anymore in the industry. That's the reason they didn't want to go forward with an ANSI reaffirmation. INM submitted a request for withdrawal and they wanted to know if we could retain it on the site as some people still use it. Ken: We asked ARB and Project Services to draft up a process for sunset to include this issue. We don't want a third option to posting standards; it's either an ANSI standard or it's not. But what does it look like to retire a standard? That is the question we're addressing. Paul states that CCOW may no longer be the best practice but if it is the practice in use then it needs to be supported. Ken: So we may want to continue to allow access to sunsetted standards but we won't be doing anything to maintain them. Pat: the other part is that Paul thinks it should be maintained as an active standard if people are using it, even if there's not a new version. Wayne: we shouldn't give the impression that we're actively supporting it. Ken: resubmitting it for ANSI certification doesn't seem to make sense, and maintaining it on our website just says it's available for use. Jean: By withdrawing it, it doesn't appear in our normative package - they can go back to previous normative editions to get it. Lynn will join the group to work on the document.
  • Anne displays the location of the conformance testing project questions. People should respond as soon as possible.
  • Pat will follow up with the EC on the issue of endorsements.
  • Paul will send CGIT revised M&C to Anne and we'll send it out for e-vote
  • Melva will follow up with cochairs from anesthesia regarding moving into Healthcare Devices
  • Knowledge Artifact Authoring Environment Requirements Definition Project: Ken states that they may withdraw this project. He will follow up with the WG
  • Revised THEMES project
    • MOTION to accept revised THEMES project by Melva; second by Pat
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Process for TSC ballot approval discussion - we will do an e-vote first as we did last time.
  • CQF on FHIR: Anne to add to e-vote. Did receive approval from both steering divisions. Melva to forward updated PSS to Anne.


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.