2016-02-22 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2016-02-22
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
. Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Russ Hamm . Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Gora Datta x Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
x Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote x Kathleen Connor . obs2 x Lynn Laakso, Karen Van Hentenryck, Dave Hamill


. . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2016-02-15 TSC Call Agenda

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • WG Ownership of Consent (CBCC or SDWG) - Paul

Management

  1. Review action items
    • All to complete the ONC conformance testing questions - Karen
    • Pat to follow up with the EC on the issue of endorsements
      • Related item:Develop draft process for endorsement of other SDO's standards using normative structure without ANSI involvement - John R./Freida
    • Melva to follow up wtih anesthesia cochairs regarding move into Healthcare Devices
    • Ken to follow up with WG on the potential withdrawal of Knowledge Artifact Authoring Environment Requirements Definition
  2. Approval Items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Project Approval Request by the O&O WG of the SSD-SD for Unique Device Identifier (UDI) Implementation Guidance Requirements at Project Insight 1238 and TSC Tracker 9577
      • T3SD: No publishing facilitator listed
      • Freida: 3 of the co-sponsor WGs don't have approval dates recorded. Have they approved co-sponsoring, or should they be removed?
    • Project Approval Request by the Structured Docs WG of the SSD-SD of Pharmacist Care Plan at Project Insight 1232 and TSC Tracker 9272
      • Referred by DESD: - 1) The risks and mitigation section 3.d could use a little work. One risk identifies the expiration of joint copyright but no mitigation and the other risk has the mitigation for the joint copyright expiration, etc. 2) The increasing participation of pharmacists in immunizations is noted but in item 6.d. the Immunization registries as stakeholders is not noted. Should it be? 3)Generally, the increased importance of pharmacists as providers and members of care teams might be reflected in some of the ways normally associated with providers, e.g. the previous item regarding Immunization Registries, the Quality Reporting Agencies as a stakeholder, perhaps regulatory agencies Local and State Departments of Health, etc.
  3. Approval items from last week's e-Vote approved 7/0/0 with ARB, Jean, Freida, Giorgio, SSD-SD, Austin, and DESD voting:
  4. Approval Items for This Week:
  5. Discussion topics:
    • Request from FGB that FHIR Product Director be substituted into the role of TSC ex-officio previously held by the CTO - Tony, Austin, Paul
      • Sent to SGB/ARB for review on 2/17 ARB call
    • Future of TRAC - John Roberts
  6. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  7. Open Issues List

Minutes

  • Minutes from last week accepted via general consent
  • Pat reports that the endorsement issue will be discussed by EC today.
    • ACTION: add to next week
  • Melva will follow up with anesthesia
    • ACTION: add to next week
    • ACTION: add Knowledge Artifact Authoring Environment Requirements Definition to next week
  • E-vote items up for discussion
    • UDI IG: Issues will be taken back by Gora and Pat
      • ACTION: add follow up for next week
    • Pharmacist Care Plan: Issues will be discussed on a joint call with PHER
      • MOTION by John to approve; second by Austin
      • VOTE: all in favor
  • Karen here to encourage participation in the ONC conformance testing questions. Ken first asks her to clarify next steps for Gora. Karen reports that we need a call for nominations and have an election, which we can start anytime. TSC elections don't occur during the WGMs, they occur on the website. Pat's term was scheduled to expire at the end of the year - would Gora be interim through the end of that period? GOM states the interim serves until the election, and then the elected person would fill the remaining term and then roll into the next election. Ken summarizes that Gora was appointed through a vote of the steering division. Process is that effective immediately we should have an election to formally elect him. In May we will have another call for nominations with another vote in July for that same position.
    • ONC Conformance testing questions:
      • Karen notes that two people have responded. Karen asks if anyone disagrees with the approach stated in #1 - no one states disagreement. #2: Ken states that we have not been good at tagging conformance statements in V2 and they're in different places. How do we tag them and note them elsewhere? Austin states it is in place in CDA but it's not required. Melva: not everyone is putting conformance statements in and we want it to be required. Karen: yes, we would need to have a new rule, and before that we need a guidance document for each family.
      • Austin: is this a topic that we should send to the SGB? The question of what constitutes an implementation guide and what needs to be in it? Melva notes that Duteau Design did a project a few years ago that had a best practices/lessons learned document that may be helpful to reference. Melva will post it on the wiki page. Ken: what would be the timing for SGB to take a look at this? Karen: final report is due at the end of September.
      • Lorraine: in the past we've struggled with getting volunteers with enough bandwidth to get these things all written down. Karen: one of our recommendations would be that the ONC fund the development of the guidance documents. Austin: Is this guidance intended only for US Realm, or is it universal? Would the ONC be comfortable funding something that is universal? Paul: From an SGB standpoint we can set down the principles and then they could write the documents. Austin: CGIT may be involved with the nuts and bolts but they won't have the governance part of it. Paul: CGIT could work with the paid resources.
      • Karen: would the guidance document need to be balloted? Question over ballot level. By default if an IG is normative, then that would indicate that the conformance statements are normative. Karen asks Paul and Austin through SGB to pull together guidance on what would need to be done to create the guidance document. Karen will check with the ONC on the issue of funding Universal vs. US Realm.
      • Last question included with ONC grant is they would like us to come up with some way to accurately report annually on implementations and usage of our guides. How can we gather this data? PEW Charitable Trust may be an option to work with, but they can't take government funding; they directed us to some other organizations. Ken: Seems like the downloaders would be our audience for a poll; they could fill out a document so we can gather more information. Lorraine: the vast majority of implementations probably don't download it from HL7 directly, they likely get it from the affiliate; this method would only provide a subset of implementers. Karen: that's why we feel like we need an organization that really knows how to poll. Ken: couldn't we ask that the affiliates also provide that information? Pat agrees that is a great idea. Austin: we may have to scope it down to a variety of US Realm products in order to make it manageable.
      • Ken: Let's consider this over this week and revisit next week when Karen and Dave join the call.
      • ACTION: Anne to add to SGB action items
  • Future of TRAC: it has no current work. The risks identified will mostly go to SGB going forward. One proposal would be to keep TRAC in existence on as-needed basis. Another is to disband and reorganize if needed. WGH pieces would be retained by the TSC. Austin supports dissolving it. Freida states if we have groups with overlapping purposes it would make good sense.
    • MOTION by Austin to dissolve TRAC; Freida seconds.
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • WG ownership of Consent
    • Austin introduces the topic. Unsure of why this has been escalated to the TSC and Structured Docs hasn't been consulted. Decision to hand off to Structured Docs to coordinate with CBCC
  • Call adjourned at 11:58 AM Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.