2016-02-29 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2016-02-29
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
Regrets Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick . Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
. John Roberts x Paul Knapp . Gora Datta . Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
x Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 . Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Tony Julian facilitating the meeting in Ken's absence with formal vote of the meeting minutes to be taken on 2016-03-07
  2. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  3. Agenda review and approval -
  4. Approve Minutes of 2016-02-22 TSC Call Agenda

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Pat to follow up with the EC on the issue of endorsements
    • Melva to follow up wtih anesthesia cochairs regarding move into Healthcare Devices
    • Gora/Pat to followup on UDI IG PSS questions regarding publishing facilitator and co-sponsor WG approval dates
    • Melva to post Duteau Design document describing best practices/lessons learned on conformance testing on the ONC Conformance Testing Project wiki page
  2. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • DSTU Publication Request by the PHER WG of the DESD of HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA ® R2: Ambulatory Healthcare Provider Reporting to Birth Defect Registries, Release 1 at Project Insight 1112 and TSC Tracker 9607
      • Referred by Freida: Are we trying to sync publication names with recently approved naming convention for ballots? If yes, should this be: HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Ambulatory Healthcare Provider Reporting to Birth Defect Registries, Release 1, US Realm
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 7/0/0 with T3SD, DESD, Austin, ARB, Giorgio, Freida, and Jean voting:
  4. Approval items for This Week's e-Vote:
  5. Discussion topics:
    • Continued discussion on ONC Conformance testing question around gathering data for an annual report of implementations and usage of our guides. - Karen, Dave
    • Continued discussion on the recommendation from the ARB concerning the location of project documentation - Tony
      • Discussed on 2016-02-08 call and sent back to ARB to be amended with allowances for jointly developed projects.
    • Project Services/Publishing report on the standards sunset process (originated with CCOW withdrawal issue) - Freida
  6. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  7. Open Issues List

Minutes

  • Tony facilitating in Ken's absence. Formal votes taken next week.
  • Agenda review - no additions
  • Minutes from last week
    • MOTION to accept by Melva
    • VOTE: Calvin and Wayne abstain; remaining in favor
  • Pat to follow up with EC on the issue of endorsements
    • Will be discussing over email
  • Melva to follow up with anesthesia
    • Ongoing work with the WG
  • UDI PSS
    • MOTION to approve by Gora; second by Calvin
    • VOTE: Wayne abstains. Remaining in favor.
  • Melva to post Duteau Design document
    • Complete
  • HL7 IG for CDA R2 Ambulatory Healthcare Provider Reporting to Birth Defect Registries, Release 1 at Project Insight 1112 and TSC Tracker 9607
    • MOTION by Freida to approve with revised name "HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Ambulatory Healthcare Provider Reporting to Birth Defect Registries, Release 1, US Realm". Second by John.
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • ONC conformance testing issues
    • Move to next week as Karen is at HIMSS
  • ARB recommendation concerning location or project documentation
    • Add to next week; ARB still working on it
  • Project services/Publishing report on sunset process
    • Work continuing. Many different pieces to consider. The project has grown and may need a scope statement as several groups are now involved. Wayne asks Freida to send him what she's got so far. Freida will send it to the TSC list. Lynn is meeting with Project Services this week as well.
  • Paul created a NIB and it wouldn't let him file it unless TSC approval had been secured. Would it be better to pull the item from the ballot if materials aren't approved closer to the ballot? As we add more steps it stretches out the timeline. Discussion over doing a final checkpoint some number of weeks before the ballot opens. Andy suggests engaging the project facilitators. Not allowing to enter the NIB is too early. Freida: is three weeks out at the content deadline reasonable? Andy: on the V3 side we have a variety of deadlines that serve as triggers. We need to push some of the responsibility back on the project facilitators. They need to make sure it goes through the necessary approvals and record them. Freida: maybe there could be a warning with the deadline when you attempt to submit the NIB. Paul: we should have to declare that the project is not approved rather than lie about it.
  • Anne notes that ballot items will go out for e-vote
  • Open issues
    • Discussed item 9444: TSC to identify process to build member benefit from IP and identify what is free IP and what isn't. Group wonders if this should be handled by the membership and strategic resources committee; agreement that MSRC would be more appropriate for the communication piece. Wayne asks if this is more appropriate for the Board level.
    • ACTION: Pat will talk to Karen about what we have in the board minutes. She recalls discussion over making this part of the PSS as well. Paul suggests we make a note that while ARB and others are considering what requirements we put on where committees can store information that anything that
  • TSC to review projects open greater than 5 years
    • ACTION: Anne to provide a list to TSC. Decision to pull out projects open greater than 4 years so we can catch things. Also would like to have next milestone date.
    • Withdrawal request for CCOW - remove this one. INM will be voting to rescind the withdrawal request and put out for reaffirmation.
  • Adjourned at 11:50 am Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.