2016-03-07 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2016-03-07
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
. Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe . Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Gora Datta . Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 . Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2016-02-29 TSC Call Agenda

Governance

  1. Approval items:
    • Review of e-Vote of 2016May ballot items
  2. Discussion topics:

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Melva to report back on progress with Anesthesia's move into Healthcare Devices
    • Anne to provide list to TSC of projects open greater than 4 years including next milestone date
  2. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
  3. Approval items from Last Week's e-Vote approved 4/1/0 with T3SD, DESD, Freida, Austin, and Wayne voting:
  4. Approval Items for This Week:
  5. Discussion topics:
    • Project services/Publishing report on sunset process - update from Freida
    • Continued discussion on project approval/NIB deadline guidelines - ideas from last week include 1) declaring that the project is not approved on the NIB form and 2) having a warning pop up when you attempt to submit the NIB
      • Discussion from last week: Paul created a NIB and it wouldn't let him file it unless TSC approval had been secured. Would it be better to pull the item from the ballot if materials aren't approved closer to the ballot? As we add more steps it stretches out the timeline. Discussion over doing a final checkpoint some number of weeks before the ballot opens. Andy suggests engaging the project facilitators. Not allowing to enter the NIB is too early. Freida: is three weeks out at the content deadline reasonable? Andy: on the V3 side we have a variety of deadlines that serve as triggers. We need to push some of the responsibility back on the project facilitators. They need to make sure it goes through the necessary approvals and record them. Freida: maybe there could be a warning with the deadline when you attempt to submit the NIB. Paul: we should have to declare that the project is not approved rather than lie about it.
      • Comment from Lynn: There is the opportunity to declare the project is not approved; there is a status field on the NIB form
  6. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  7. Open Issues List

Minutes

  • Minutes from last week:
    • Meeting minutes accepted through general consent
  • Ballot e-vote
    • Reviewed those that have been referred
    • PI ID: 1228: Currently at SD e-vote, which will close on Friday. Anne to add to TSC e-vote for this week. Ballot item will be approved once the PSS is approved.
    • PI ID 1214: Issue is that the R1 normative ballot has not been published.
      • MOTION by Andy to defer the notice to ballot until such time that the WG publishes the R1; second by Melva.
      • VOTE: All in favor.
        • ACTION: Anne to relay the decision and copy Melva and John.
    • PI ID 773: Not approved by Steering Division/TSC
      • Andy reports that the SD has approved but they are collecting the cosponsor votes. Nearly everyone has approved co-sponsorship but one more vote is coming in today. Andy reports we should have the PSS for TSC to review by end of the week.
    • PI ID 1212: Referred by Freida for naming.
      • MOTION by Freida to defer back to WG to review the naming convention in the GOM including identifying the CDA release that the IG is created for. Second by Calvin.
      • VOTE: all in favor
        • ACTION: Anne to take back to WG and copy Melva and John; also remove this ballot item from continuing DSTUs.
    • PI ID 1237: SD has closed the e-vote, which passed. Will go to TSC e-vote. Naming issue. Freida suggests it's a cross-paradigm project. Neutral Mapping Notation is not a product family. Family name would be Cross-Paradigm Specification. Lorraine notes it's broader than FHIR path but not mapping for everything in HL7.
      • MOTION by Lorraine to defer back to WG to consider the correct naming which may include "cross-paradigm specification". Second by Freida.
      • VOTE: all in favor
        • ACTION: Anne to relay the information to the WG and copy Paul and Russ
  • Healthcare Devices/Anesthesia move: Melva will follow up
  • Anne sent out the list of projects open greater than 4 years and will add to next week's call. Anne to resend with hidden rows deleted.
  • Unballoted DSTU Update Publication Request (Laboratory Value Set Companion Guide, Release 1 ) referred for discussion
    • MOTION by Austin to return to the WG to provide clarity on the review process and complete the DSTU update section, or clarify if this is actually an errata update; second by Andy.
    • VOTE: all in favor
      • ACTION: Anne to return to WG with comments
  • NIB submission issue regarding approvals:
    • Anne brings back a comment from Lynn that you can submit a NIB before the project is approved; there is a status field on the NIB form stating that it isn't approved yet. Discussion over timelines for project approvals and project facilitators taking the projects through the process. Paul describes the issue he had attempting to submit. Gora states that we should highlight this to the cochairs. Andy volunteers to put a few slides together for the co-chair dinner. Gora will work with Andy on a one-page process flow to hand out at SD meetings. Andy will check the cochair handbook. Freida notes that Tony has a flowchart of project approval. Tony will forward to Andy.
      • ACTION: Anne to review with Karen any ANSI issues with submitting a NIB before a project is approved.
  • Withdrawal process:
    • Freida/Project Services put a PSS together and sent out to the TSC. Met with Lynn twice and also ARB; will also meet with PIC. TSC will need to make some decisions that will affect other groups.
      • ACTION: Anne to add PSS to e-vote this week
  • Adjourned at 11:59 a.m. Eastern


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.