2016-03-14 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2016-03-14
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
. Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
. Melva Peters x Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Gora Datta Regrets Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 . Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . Lynn Laakso . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2016-03-07 TSC Call Agenda

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • Update on Referred 2016May Ballot Items
    • Introduction of proposed revisions to GOM/ER - Freida
    • Introduction of ARB project on substantive change
      • Steps include harmonizing existing definitions into a single canonical definition; proposing unified definition for approval; and removing disparate definitions and have all references point to the one source of truth.

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Pat to report back on EC discussion on endorsements
    • Pat to check with Karen regarding what is in the Board minutes regarding last weeks IP discussion
    • Melva to follow up on Anesthesia/Health Care Devices move
    • Anne to follow up with WGs regarding referred ballot submissions and issue with Laboratory Value Set Companion Guide
    • Anne to review any ANSI issues wtih submitting a NIB before a project is approved with Karen
  2. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Request by the FHIR Governance Board for review and approval of updated Mission and Charter
      • Referred by Austin: This should be updated to reflect its relationship with the SGB
      • Referred by Freida: Should FGB composition be defined in Mission/Charter, or moved to GOM?
    • Project Approval Request by the PA WG of the SSD-SD of Reaffirm V3 registries; Real Time Location Tracking, R1 at Project Insight 1227 and TSC Tracker 9688
      • Referred by ARB: 3.L - Project document repository location missing. Anne has requested from the project facilitator.
    • Project Approval Request by the Publishing WG of the T3SD for Publishing Template for Work Group White Papers (WGWP) at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 9690
      • Referred by ARB: 3.L - Project document repository location missing (Note from Anne: Location has been secured and is here)
    • Project Approval Request for the TSC project Revise Process to Withdraw Protocol Specifications at TSC Tracker 9691
      • Referred by DESD: Project facilitator is blank, with a comment that "Suggest each workgroup". Should we not have an overall Project facilitator?
      • Referred by T3SD: Co-sponsor approvals are not complete.
      • Referred by Freida: Regarding co-sponsor approval: can each SD obtain for applicable WGs?
    • Normative Publication Request by the CIC WG of the DESD for EMS Patient Care Report at Project Insight 1151 and TSC Tracker 9123
      • Referred by Freida: ballot title was: HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Emergency Medical Services; Patient Care Report, Release 2 -US Realm (PI ID: 1151) Requested publication title: EMS Patient Care Report. Requested title has no indication of product family (CDA) and doesn’t spell out Emergency Medical Services (EMS) acronym. Per GOM 12.02 Naming Convention and 12.02.01 Constructing HL7 Ballot and Protocol Specification Names, think the publication title should remain the same at used for balloting. Otherwise hard for implementers to know what it is (a CDA implementation guide for Emergency Medical Services)
      • Referred by DESD: URL of publication material/ SVN repository and publishing facilitator is blank; it could be ok but needs an explanation.
      • Referred by ARB: same concern. Anne has requested the URL; Anita Walden is the publishing facilitator.
  1. Approval items for this week:
  2. Discussion topics:
  3. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  4. Open Issues List

Minutes

  • Meeting minutes accepted via general consent.
  • Update on Referred 2016May Ballot Items
    • Reaffirmation: Lynn notes there is no project document repository needed for a reaffirmation.
      • MOTION to approve by Tony; second by Melva.
      • VOTE: Wayne abstains; remaining in favor
    • Trauma registry - not reconciled and R1 not published; postponed
    • CDA R2 Attachent IG: Exchange of C=CDA Based Documents Release 1:
      • MOTION to approve by Freida with the recommendation to the WG that they revert to their original title; second by Gora
      • VOTE: all in favor
    • HL7 Neutral Mapping Notation, Release 1: WG agreed to add cross-paradigm to name. New Name: HL7 Cross-Paradigm Neutral Mapping Notation, Release 1.
      • MOTION to approve by Lorraine; second by Freida
      • VOTE: all in favor
  • Introduction of proposed revisions to GOM/ER - Freida
    • Freida introduces changes and the process that the updates go through. TSC review will end on the 28th with vote.
    • ACTION: add further discussion to next week's call
  • Introduction of ARB project on substantive change
    • Steps include harmonizing existing definitions into a single canonical definition; proposing unified definition for approval; and removing disparate definitions and have all references point to the one source of truth.
    • PIC is interested in joining


  • Review action items
    • Pat to report back on EC discussion on endorsements
      • ACTION: add to next week
    • Pat to check with Karen regarding what is in the Board minutes regarding last weeks IP discussion
      • ACTION: add to next week
    • Melva to follow up on Anesthesia/Health Care Devices move
      • ACTION: add to next week
    • Anne to follow up with WGs regarding referred ballot submissions and issue with Laboratory Value Set Companion Guide - complete
    • Anne to review any ANSI issues with submitting a NIB before a project is approved with Karen - complete. ANSI does not care about NIBs.
  • Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Request by the FHIR Governance Board for review and approval of updated Mission and Charter
      • Referred by Austin: This should be updated to reflect its relationship with the SGB
      • Referred by Freida: Should FGB composition be defined in Mission/Charter, or moved to GOM?
        • Paul: this should probably eventually go to the SGB but he doesn't see anything contentious.
        • Group reviews documents with changes. Austin notes there is no mention of relationship with SGB, and until this is resolved it should not go into GOM. Lorraine notes that SGB is not yet meeting regularly. Discussion over CTO's voting role on governance boards. SGB needs to weigh in on product directors but they haven't yet met with ARB. Will revisit once SGB is up and running. Document will come back in a year for TSC review.
        • MOTION to approve by Paul; second by Melva.
        • VOTE: all in favor
    • Project Approval Request by the PA WG of the SSD-SD of Reaffirm V3 registries; Real Time Location Tracking, R1 at Project Insight 1227 and TSC Tracker 9688
      • Referred by ARB: 3.L - Project document repository location missing. Anne has requested from the project facilitator.
        • MOTION to approve project by Lorraine; second by Andy
        • VOTE: all in favor
    • Project Approval Request by the Publishing WG of the T3SD for Publishing Template for Work Group White Papers (WGWP) at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 9690
      • Referred by ARB: 3.L - Project document repository location missing (Note from Anne: Location has been secured and is here)
        • ACTION: Anne to update document and send to Dave
        • MOTION to approve by Lorraine; second by Andy
        • VOTE: all in favor
    • Project Approval Request for the TSC project Revise Process to Withdraw Protocol Specifications at TSC Tracker 9691
      • Referred by DESD: Project facilitator is blank, with a comment that "Suggest each workgroup". Should we not have an overall Project facilitator?
      • Referred by T3SD: Co-sponsor approvals are not complete.
      • Referred by Freida: Regarding co-sponsor approval: can each SD obtain for applicable WGs?
        • Freida was hoping TSC members could get approval from suggested WGs. Issue when many groups are being pulled together.
        • ACTION: Hold off until next week; Ken will talk to Dave to see if he should be the project facilitator. Freida will facilitate with GOC. Project Services has approved; need Publishing, PIC and ARB. EST will weigh in later; not a cosponsor. Andy will coordinate with Publishing and PIC; ARB will put on their agenda.
    • Normative Publication Request by the CIC WG of the DESD for EMS Patient Care Report at Project Insight 1151 and TSC Tracker 9123
      • Referred by Freida: ballot title was: HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Emergency Medical Services; Patient Care Report, Release 2 -US Realm (PI ID: 1151) Requested publication title: EMS Patient Care Report. Requested title has no indication of product family (CDA) and doesn’t spell out Emergency Medical Services (EMS) acronym. Per GOM 12.02 Naming Convention and 12.02.01 Constructing HL7 Ballot and Protocol Specification Names, think the publication title should remain the same at used for balloting. Otherwise hard for implementers to know what it is (a CDA implementation guide for Emergency Medical Services)
      • Referred by DESD: URL of publication material/ SVN repository and publishing facilitator is blank; it could be ok but needs an explanation.
      • Referred by ARB: same concern. Anne has requested the URL; Anita Walden is the publishing facilitator.
        • Why do they have the opportunity to change the publication name on the publication request? Lynn states it is for small things like changing Emergency Medical Services to EMS, for example. Often change is a result of ballot comments. Freida suggests that they still have to be compliant with the GOM.
        • Lynn has the material.
        • MOTION by Freida to ask the WG to review the GOM naming convention and use it to reconsider the name of their published document; second by Calvin.
        • VOTE: all in favor
  • Approval items for this week:
  • Discussion topics:
    • Review of projects open 4+ years
      • Ken asks group to review the spreadsheet for the next call.
    • Review of report from FMG regarding using Gforge for ballot process - Paul
      • Paul asks group to review for next week. Includes outcomes, issues, and suggestions. One consideration is for long term is whether or not we could obtain a different tool and modify it to meet our needs.
  • Adjourned at 11:59 AM Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.