2016-03-21 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2016-MM-DD
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick Regrets Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
. John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Gora Datta Regrets Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2016-03-14 TSC Call Agenda

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • Further discussion of proposed revisions to the GOM (Freida) - 20 minutes

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Pat to report back on EC discussion on endorsements
    • Pat to check with Karen regarding what is in the Board minutes regarding IP discussion
    • Melva to follow up on Anesthesia/Health Care Devices move
    • Followup on Project Approval Request for the TSC project Revise Process to Withdraw Protocol Specifications at TSC Tracker 9691
      • Ken to check with Dave to see if he should be the project facilitator
      • Freida to facilitate with GOC
      • Andy to coordinate with Publishing and PIC
      • ARB to add to their agenda
    • Anne to follow up on naming issue for Normative Publication Request by the CIC WG of the DESD for EMS Patient Care Report at Project Insight 1151 and TSC Tracker 9123
      • Followup report: Group agreed to renaming the document "HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Emergency Medical Services; Patient Care Report, Release 2 -US Realm (PI ID: 1151)" as suggested.
  2. Approval Items from Last Week's e-Vote approved 8/0/0:
  3. Approval Items for This Week:
  4. Discussion topics:
  5. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  6. Open Issues List

Minutes

  • Meeting minutes: Reviewed change to minutes from last week.
    • Accepted through general consent
  • Discussion topics:
    • Further discussion of proposed revisions to the GOM (Freida) - 20 minutes

Management

  • Review action items
    • Pat to report back on EC discussion on endorsements
      • Move to next week
    • Pat to check with Karen regarding what is in the Board minutes regarding IP discussion
      • Move to next week
    • Melva to follow up on Anesthesia/Health Care Devices move
      • Melva will report back next week on any updates
    • Followup on Project Approval Request for the TSC project Revise Process to Withdraw Protocol Specifications at TSC Tracker 9691
      • Ken to check with Dave to see if he should be the project facilitator
        • Complete. Dave will facilitate.
      • Freida to facilitate with GOC
        • GOC will update
      • Andy to coordinate with Publishing and PIC
        • Will follow up this week.
      • ARB to add to their agenda
        • ARB will follow up this week.
    • Anne to follow up on naming issue for Normative Publication Request by the CIC WG of the DESD for EMS Patient Care Report at Project Insight 1151 and TSC Tracker 9123
      • Followup report: Group agreed to renaming the document "HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Emergency Medical Services; Patient Care Report, Release 2 -US Realm (PI ID: 1151)" as suggested.
        • MOTION to approve by Melva; second by Gora.
        • VOTE: All in favor
  • Approval Items from Last Week's e-Vote approved 8/0/0:
  • Approval Items for This Week:
  • Discussion topics:
    • Review of projects open 4+ years - 20 minutes
    • Review of report from FMG regarding using Gforge for ballot process - Paul
      • Paul summarizes that people found it easier to use than spreadsheets. Would like to see some changes to make gforge more effective; some can be made, but others are beyond gforge capabilities. Would ultimately like to see a better tool. Ask from TSC to allow continued use of gforge in May and September and to make resources available to either fix gforge or look to see if other tools are available which could be obtained and/or modified. Gora: Is it possible to download a script that could be run after an item is resolved to repeat the item? Andy: No, because we don't have access to the database. Discussion over the unmitigated challenges. Should be managed through EST. Melva notes it's hard to separate ballot comments from general FHIR comments. Paul agrees. There isn't a flag to filter on. Ken: Couldn't the tracker for ballot reconciliation be separate from the general tracker? Paul: I expect that the question would be whether it's more efficient to have two different instances, or have both sets of things in one bucket. He guesses more people would prefer to have one bucket. Melva: we're not dealing with the ballot items as efficiently as we could because more things come in on top of the ballot items that are general. Pharmacy has been exporting to spreadsheet. Need a better way to find the ones that are related to ballot. Wayne: we can get a license for a free product that is more powerful but it needs to be evaluated against the requirements (Jira). Would still have costs in implementation, etc.
      • Need to figure out where do we want this to go from here. Freida reminds that export still has to be spreadsheet. Review of recommendation section. Melva suggests adding timelines. Freida asks if we could grant an extension to follow this process for the next ballot cycle and make a decision then? Perhaps we should look into what other ANSI SDOs use. Discussion over the scope of the original project, which was to evaluate tracker. Ken states we would need a separate project for considering a new tool.
        • MOTION by Paul that 1) a project be created to research a more appropriate tool which can be used across HL7 for online multi-user ballot item resolution; 2) FHIR be allowed to continue to use the tracker tool until item #1 is satisfied. Second by John Roberts with the amendment that the current tool is kept in sync as much as possible.
        • VOTE: Andy and Freida abstain. Remaining in favor.
      • Question on where the new project will reside? Paul suggests it's EST. Melva suggests it's a TSC project with tooling involved. Andy asks how we can proceed without technical architecture? That project hasn't moved. Wayne is going to see what he can do to get it moving.
      • Add determining next steps to next Monday. Melva brings up single base balloting spreadsheet - is that in use? Austin reports Lloyd had come up with one and handed off to Lynn. Paul will double check with Lloyd if there is a prototype single spreadsheet. Anne to invite Lynn to join.
  • Adjourned at 12:00 pm Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.