2016-03-28 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2016-03-21
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick . Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Gora Datta . Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote x Lynn Laakso . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2016-03-21 TSC Call Agenda

Governance

  1. Approval items:
    • VOTE on proposed revisions to the GOM
    • Ballot issue from Lynn: Neutral Mapping Notation ballot has "under the covers" a comment-only revision of the Clinical Quality Language ballot material. Can this be allowed to proceed into ballot?
  2. Discussion topics:

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Pat to report back on EC discussion on endorsements
    • Pat to check with Karen regarding what is in the Board minutes regarding IP discussion
    • Melva to follow up on Anesthesia/Health Care Devices move -
    • Anne to invite Lynn to join 3/28 call to discuss single base balloting spreadsheet
    • Followup on Project Approval Request for the TSC project Revise Process to Withdraw Protocol Specifications at TSC Tracker 9691
      • Andy to coordinate with Publishing and PIC -
      • ARB to add to their agenda
  2. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 7/0/0 with ARB, FTSD, SSD-SD, T3SD, Wayne, Freida, and Jean voting:
  3. Approval Items for this week:
  4. Discussion topics:
    • Review of projects open 4+ years - 20 minutes
    • Next steps in project to research a tool to replace gforge that supports online multi-user ballot item resolution
  5. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  6. Open Issues List

Minutes

Governance

  • Approval items:
    • VOTE on proposed revisions to the GOM
    • Freida states we should pull out voting on the technical report item (WI1601006) as the changes are not complete and it includes reference to the HL7 Technical Newsletter which no longer exists. Suggestion to replace that with the Update from the TSC.
      • MOTION to accept the remaining updates to the GOM; Calvin seconds.
      • VOTE: all in favor.
      • ACTION to add update to next week's agenda
    • Ballot issue from Lynn: Neutral Mapping Notation ballot has "under the covers" a comment-only revision of the Clinical Quality Language ballot material. Can this be allowed to proceed into ballot?
      • Has at its core something called "fluent path." Paul states it's an HL7 name they're trying out with the ballot. Materials proposed have changes to CQL. Paul says it's trying to call out that if the new mapping language is used, parts of CQL would have to change. Would not be binding changes. Lynn: we need to rearrange the material to make it clear that we're not balloting a change to CQL material. Paul states it's okay to pull the material in question.
      • MOTION by Paul to pull the CQL materials out of the ballot as they do not meet the criteria to go to ballot. Second by Austin. The remaining material will go to ballot. Gora: Is there any lesson for any other WGs in this situation? Further discussion reveals this was a mistake as opposed to a systemic problem.
      • VOTE: all in favor

Management

  • Review action items
    • Pat to report back on EC discussion on endorsements - next week
    • Pat to check with Karen regarding what is in the Board minutes regarding IP discussion - next week
    • Melva to follow up on Anesthesia/Health Care Devices move - next week
    • Anne to invite Lynn to join 3/28 call to discuss single base balloting spreadsheet
      • Lynn reports that Lloyd has provided her with a unique spreadsheet that she has not yet fully tested against the macros. It is conceivable that if gforge is used for all comment reconciliation, it would be the spreadsheet that would be used. Ken: how much time to you need to do the evaluation? Lynn: I could get to it in a week after the ballot is open. Ken asks her to report back on 2016-04-11 call. Freida: I didn't' think we were going to implement the spreadsheet in this ballot cycle. Is there a way to hide the columns that don't apply, like FHIR specific columns? If that isn't built in it should be before it's put into use. Lynn: the one FHIR ballot (CQF on FHIR) is using it for this cycle; everyone else is using the usual template.
        • ACTION: Lynn to report back on spreadsheet testing on 2016-04-11 call
    • Followup on Project Approval Request for the TSC project Revise Process to Withdraw Protocol Specifications at TSC Tracker 9691
      • Andy to coordinate with Publishing and PIC - has sent on; waiting for update
      • ARB to add to their agenda - next week
  • Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 7/0/0 with ARB, FTSD, SSD-SD, T3SD, Wayne, Freida, and Jean voting:
  • Approval Items for this week:
  • Discussion topics:
    • Review of projects open 4+ years - 20 minutes
      • FTSD: haven't reviewed as of yet. Will take it and fraction it up by committee and then have the committees report back. Ken suggests circling around at WGM. Melva clarifies that all of the start dates are four years or greater, and the ask is for steering divisions to go back to the WGs to either get the projects updated or closed. Ken agrees that's correct. Sponsoring WG(s) are responsible. Calvin agrees that we might not get much movement until face to face meetings on Monday night at the WGM.
        • ACTION: Add discussion to TSC Wednesday lunch.
    • Next steps in project to research a tool to replace gforge that supports online multi-user ballot item resolution
      • Paul: do we have a set of requirements? Are we looking at an overall tool replacement or finding a tool that supports online multi-user ballot item resolution? Wayne: it's an overall tool replacement. Wayne is pulling together a PSS that will come forward to the TSC that is currently under review by EST. Freida: We also have talked of using the tracker for multi-year planning; there has been some review of tracker in that project.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.