2016-04-04 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2016-04-04
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau Regrets Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
Regrets Melva Peters . Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp Regrets Gora Datta x Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2016-03-28 TSC Call Agenda

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Freida to update on the technical report item excluded from last week's vote on the updates to the GOM
    • Pat to report back on EC discussion on endorsements
    • Melva to followup on the Anesthesia/Health Care Devices move
    • Followup on Project Approval Request for the TSC project Revise Process to Withdraw Protocol Specifications at TSC Tracker 9691
      • Andy to update on coordination with Publishing and PIC
      • ARB to add to their agenda
  2. Approval items:
  3. Discussion topics:
    • Continued discussion on the recommendation from the ARB concerning the location of project documentation - Tony
    • Continued discussion on next steps in project to research a tool to replace gforge that supports online multi-user ballot item resolution
  4. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  5. Open Issues List

Minutes

  • Meeting minutes accepted via general consent
  • Updates to GOM:
    • Freida reviews changes to last item. Discussed in GOC. Will take out reference to technical newsletter and HL7 newsletter and replace with HL7 e-news. Second item was reference to comment-only ballot. Current process to withdraw informative is to do a scope statement and to do a comment-only ballot to withdraw, but it has only happened two times. Will leave as is for now but will look at it as part of the withdrawal process.
      • MOTION by Freida to approve GOM change request with peer review comment revision. Second by Sandy.
      • VOTE: all in favor
    • Melva to followup on the Anesthesia/Health Care Devices move - next week
    • Pat to report back on EC discussion on endorsements - will be discussed at WGM
    • Followup on Project Approval request for the TSC project Revise Process to Withdraw Protocol Specifications
      • Publishing has approved; Andy has forwarded to PIC
      • ARB: next week
  • Discussion Topics
    • Recommendation from ARB on document location:
      • ARB forwarded recommendations. For HL7 projects and external projects with no formal agreement: all work projects shall be maintained on HL7 managed platforms. WGs shall maintain development materials on HL7 managed platforms. Deviations shall require approval from EST. External projects with a formal agreement: Material shall exist at the location defined in the agreements, and HL7 participants shall have access to the material; WGs shall publish the location of their documents on their webpage (which may point to their wiki).
        • MOTION by ARB that this document be adopted, posted on main landing page, and be added to co-chair handbook/announced at co-chair dinner; second by Sandy. Calvin: Don't project scope documents have field for where the documents reside? Freida: we need to add this instruction to the field in the project scope statement. Lorraine: People are more likely to look at the wiki or the website rather than the scope statement. Ken suggests changing EST on 1.3 to Electronic Services and Tools WG.
        • VOTE: All in favor
    • Next steps in project to research replacement for Gforge:
      • Wayne: Things are moving slowly. EST has approved PSS. Is now sponsored by EST and maybe also by FHIR-I. Lorraine clarifies that this would just replace tracking functions of gforge; Wayne agrees. Paul: first part of the motion was to allow FMG to continue using gforge and second was for us to find a tool to use online balloting across the organization. This has now become replacing tracker which Paul feels is outside of the original motion. Wayne: The goal of the project is to perform a gap assessment and comparison between gforge and Jira. It's not addressing the issue of what is our future balloting tool (Lorraine clarifies this to mean a tool to complete ballot reconciliation). Wayne clarifies that we're not going to replace the ballot process. Lorraine: should FMG be the cosponsor rather than FHIR-I? Andy: didn't know FMG could co-sponsor. Paul: if FHIR-I wants to do the comparison, FMG would have to approve. Paul is concerned that the PSS is not addressing the issue raised in the original motion. Ken: It's gathering information so we can make that decision further down the road.
  • Ken notes that V2.9 was pulled out of the ballot pool. V2 editors list received it; not sure who else did. Andy: we don't normally announce ballot withdrawals. Freida: there is an update on the ballot desktop, but there's not a separate announcement to HL7 at large. Ken: should we change that? Freida: I would direct them to the notifications on the ballot desktop. Andy: I would argue against announcement of withdrawals. Ken: If you are in the ballot pool, do you get an email saying that the ballot you've signed up for has been postponed? Andy: I don't think so. He will discuss that with Lynn offline. Ken: Likes the suggestion that using the ballot desktop is the appropriate tool.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2016 Health Level Seven® In

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.