2016-06-27 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2016-06-27
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
Regrets Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick . Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Gora Datta x Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote x David Tao . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 x Lynn Laakso


. . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2016-06-20 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Notices
    • Reminder: 2016-07-04 call is cancelled
  5. Review action items
    • David Tao to join us to discuss HL7 documentation formats across standards families - Gora, David Tao
    • Paul to ask FHIR and Publishing what the publishing process would look like for FluentPath
    • Freida to go back to GOC with question regarding perpetuity of membership for ad hoc TSC emeritus positions
    • Anne to ensure SD links are restored on TSC wiki page
    • Begin work on multi-year planning items discussed at WGM:
      • Simplification of location of meeting notifications, minutes, agendas, and other documentation: Melva, Jean
      • Evaluate WG/SD structure: Melva, John, Russ
      • Evaluate opportunities for member/non-member engagement: John, Lorraine, Russ w/Anne assisting
      • Standards organization hierarchy: John
      • Standards sharing across realms: Jean, Giorgio
      • Standardization of processes across WGs: Sandy, Melva, Ken, Tony, w/Anne assisting - initial call occurred on 6/21, followup on 6/28
      • Strategy for PSS management throughout the lifecycle: Jean, Calvin, Dave, EST
  6. Approval items with followup from previous weeks:
    • Project Approval Request by the CIC WG of the DESD of Common Clinical Registry Framework Domain Analysis Model at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 10051
      • John Roberts will go back to the CIC WG with issues
    • Normative Publication Request by the Security WG of the FTSD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Healthcare (Security and Privacy) Access Control Catalog, Release 3 at Project Insight 1157 and TSC Tracker 10122
      • Referred by Freida: They used the old template and request a publication name different than the ballot title.
      • Referred by Giorgio: It is not clear to me the fact that it is asserted “Substantive Changes Since Last Ballot?” YES, my understanding was that “Any substantive change shall necessitate a subsequent normative ballot of the same content;” Is it a typo?
        • MOTION by Freida to retitle the document " Version 3 Standard: Healthcare (Security and Privacy) Access Control Catalog, Release 3" instead of the requested publication name. Second by Melva.
        • VOTE: All in favor
        • ACTION: Anne to follow up regarding the naming issue and add question regarding substantive change issue
  7. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 6/0/0 with DESD, T3SD, ARB, Freida, Wayne, and Giorgio voting:
  8. Approval items for this week:
  9. Discussion topics:
    • Report on HQ change from DSTU to STU - Lynn
    • Anatomic Pathology/OO merger
    • Update on FHIR Custom Resource policy - Paul
  10. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  11. Open Issues List

Minutes

  1. Agenda review and approval -
  1. Approve Minutes of 2016-06-20 TSC Call Agenda
    • MOTION by Gora to approve; second by Paul
    • VOTE: all in favor
  2. Notices
    • Reminder: 2016-07-04 call is cancelled
  3. Review action items
    • David Tao to join us to discuss HL7 documentation formats across standards families - Gora, David Tao
      • David presents a document surveying the structural part of several well-known HL7 standards. Trying to determine where Mobile Health MFHAST project fits regarding format. Sharing with TSC to see if there is broader value. Used information to determine MFHAST table of contents/organization. Publishing will have to approve format before ballot. Gora: This could be applicable to other emerging standards within Mobile Health. Could be of great value for others as well.
        • ACTION: Anne to add to 7/11 agenda
    • Paul to ask FHIR and Publishing what the publishing process would look like for FluentPath
      • Spoke with Grahame. Would publish outside of the FHIR tooling - static materials that could be curated separately. Minimizes the risks. No publication request yet. Will go out for reballot in September, so pub request will probably come in October. Andy: We don't have a description yet of how the process would work. What happens about publishing separately, how do we maintain it, are we dependent on Grahame, etc. None of those issues have come to Publishing. Paul will forward what he has to Andy and further coordination will occur and Andy will gather a list of questions from Publishing.
    • Freida to go back to GOC with question regarding perpetuity of membership for ad hoc TSC emeritus positions
      • The update to have TSC emeritus to be perpetual is in the works.
    • Anne to ensure SD links are restored on TSC wiki page
    • Begin work on multi-year planning items discussed at WGM:
      • Simplification of location of meeting notifications, minutes, agendas, and other documentation: Melva, Jean
        • Some overlap with Standardization group. We can maybe merge those two groups. Need to figure out who is doing what.
      • Evaluate WG/SD structure: Melva, John, Russ
      • Evaluate opportunities for member/non-member engagement: John, Lorraine, Russ w/Anne assisting
      • Standards organization hierarchy: John
        • Our standards have undocumented relationships to other standards at times. Need to have consistency in documentation. John asks if others are interested in working on this to contact him. Gora notes the correlation between this and David Tao's presentation; John notes that they will be speaking about it in July. Wayne notes that dependencies need to be in the published standard.
      • Standards sharing across realms: Jean, Giorgio
      • Standardization of processes across WGs: Sandy, Melva, Ken, Tony, w/Anne assisting - initial call occurred on 6/21, followup on 6/28
      • Strategy for PSS management throughout the lifecycle: Jean, Calvin, Dave, EST
  4. Approval items with followup from previous weeks:
    • Project Approval Request by the CIC WG of the DESD of Common Clinical Registry Framework Domain Analysis Model at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 10051
      • John Roberts will go back to the CIC WG with issues
        • Has not heard back; Anita is difficult to reach. Anne will check to see if she's received anything.
    • Normative Publication Request by the Security WG of the FTSD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Healthcare (Security and Privacy) Access Control Catalog, Release 3 at Project Insight 1157 and TSC Tracker 10122
      • Referred by Freida: They used the old template and request a publication name different than the ballot title.
      • Referred by Giorgio: It is not clear to me the fact that it is asserted “Substantive Changes Since Last Ballot?” YES, my understanding was that “Any substantive change shall necessitate a subsequent normative ballot of the same content;” Is it a typo?
        • MOTION by Freida to retitle the document " Version 3 Standard: Healthcare (Security and Privacy) Access Control Catalog, Release 3" instead of the requested publication name. Second by Melva.
        • VOTE: All in favor
        • ACTION: Anne to follow up regarding the naming issue and add question regarding substantive change issue
          • Anne has followed up but has not heard anything yet.
  5. Discussion topics:
    • Report on HQ change from DSTU to STU - Lynn
      • Lynn reports on what changes have been made thus far. Laura will update headers later today. Templates have been updated. Outlines remaining changes; a few will have to wait until Tamara's replacement is secured. Should have this well in hand by September. Freida: In V3, is Version 3 itself on the list? Lynn: New material will reflect STU.
    • Anatomic Pathology/OO merger
      • AP has made a request to join OO. Ken and Wayne have supported that activity and is now going through the various notifications and approvals.
    • Update on FHIR Custom Resource policy - Paul
      • Still evolving. Policy work being done by FGB.
  6. Adjourned at 11:40 am Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.