2016-07-11 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2016-MM-DD
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts . Paul Knapp x Gora Datta x Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2016-06-27 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Notices
    • The ballot items are ready for approval. Anne will send out the review document for your votes and comments.
  5. Review action items
    • Begin work on multi-year planning items:
      • Simplification of location of meeting notifications, minutes, agendas, and other documentation - merged with Standardization of Processes Across WGs
      • Evaluate WG/SD structure: Melva, John, Russ
      • Evaluate opportunities for member/non-member engagement: John, Lorraine, Russ w/Anne assisting
      • Standards organization hierarchy: John
      • Standards sharing across realms: Jean, Giorgio
      • Standardization of processes across WGs: Sandy, Melva, Ken, Tony, w/Anne assisting - next call on July 12
      • Strategy for PSS management throughout the lifecycle: Jean, Calvin, Dave, EST
  6. Approval items from previous weeks with followup:
    • Normative Publication Request by the Security WG of the FTSD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Healthcare (Security and Privacy) Access Control Catalog, Release 3 at Project Insight 1157 and TSC Tracker 10122
      • ACTION: Anne to follow up regarding the naming issue and add question regarding substantive change issue
        • UPDATE: Mike Davis states that "the significant change was from release 2 to release 3. Release 3 was affirmatively balloted in January and it is that version that the publication request applies to."
  7. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Project Approval Request by the Attachments WG of the DESD for HL7 CDA® R2 Periodontal Attachment Implementation Guide: Exchange of C-CDA Based Documents, Release 1 – US Realm at Project Insight 1274 and TSC Tracker 10053
      • T3SD and Freida: Lynn cannot be the publishing facilitator; it must be someone from the project
      • DESD: Item 2, "specify period" is not checked and should probably read "Final review with Structured Documents prior to ballot. Item 2, "Implementers" is not completed. Items 6a and 6c are not completed.
      • ARB: PBS metrics not checked - was it reviewed? Security risks not included in section 3.d.
    • Revised Project Approval Request by the CQI WG of the DESD of Common Clinical Registry Framework Domain Analysis Model at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 10051
      • DESD: Item 2, WG level of involvement is not completed. Items 6c and PBS metrics review not completed. Item 6D, local and state departments of health should be checked.
      • ARB: Is this investigative? Otherwise why not balloting?
        • Anne contacted WG but no response yet.
    • Revised Project Approval Request by the CBCC WG of the DESD for Standards Privacy Impact Assessment Cookbook at Project Insight 1263 and TSC Tracker 10054
    • Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the SSD-SD of HL7 Personal Health Record System Functional Model – Update from Release 1 to Release 2 format at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 10253
      • Freida: Does this need to be a Joint Initiative Council (JIC) ballot if it is going to ISO? JointInitiativeCouncil.org mentions HL7-ISO Pilot Agreement and joint copyright in §5.b
    • Project Approval Request by the OO WG of the SSD-SD of Newborn Screening Lab Result Implementation Guide at Project Insight 1267 and TSC Tracker 10255
      • ARB: No ARB review of external content
        • Anne followed up and asked project lead to contact ARB
  8. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 8/0/0 with T3SD, DESD, Jean, ARB, Freida, Austin, Wayne, and FTSD voting:
  9. Approval items for this week:
  10. Discussion topics:
    • HL7 documentation formats across standards families - followup from 6-27 call with associated document
    • Assignment of outside projects to WGs:
      • Example 1: Patient Care WG was asked to convene a PSS around modeling occupational health history in the social history section of CDA to create v2 and FHIR content. Apparently, PHER and SDWG were also asked previously, and declined. Is there a process for assigning such a task to the appropriate workgroup? Should there not be a commitment from a WG co-chair before approving such a project?
      • Example 2: Similarly PCWG was asked to be the home for balloting a JIC project, the International Patient Summary. PCWG has not participated in that project previously, and it seems this is more closely related to the CCDA/CCD Patient Care Summary. Should this be initiated with a commitment of support and participation from the International Council? Should it go to ARB or TSC before being assigned to a WG?
  1. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  2. Open Issues List

Minutes

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
    • No additions
  3. Approve Minutes of 2016-06-27 TSC Call Agenda
    • Approved via general consent
  4. Notices
    • The ballot items are ready for approval. Anne will send out the review document for your votes and comments.
  5. Review action items
    • Begin work on multi-year planning items:
      • Simplification of location of meeting notifications, minutes, agendas, and other documentation - merged with Standardization of Processes Across WGs
      • Evaluate WG/SD structure: Melva, John, Russ
      • Evaluate opportunities for member/non-member engagement: John, Lorraine, Russ w/Anne assisting
      • Standards organization hierarchy: John
      • Standards sharing across realms: Jean, Giorgio
      • Standardization of processes across WGs: Sandy, Melva, Ken, Tony, w/Anne assisting - next call on July 12
        • Will reschedule due to Harmonization. Will work on time offline
      • Strategy for PSS management throughout the lifecycle: Jean, Calvin, Dave, EST
        • Working on scheduling a call
  6. Approval items from previous weeks with followup:
    • Normative Publication Request by the Security WG of the FTSD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Healthcare (Security and Privacy) Access Control Catalog, Release 3 at Project Insight 1157 and TSC Tracker 10122
      • ACTION: Anne to follow up regarding the naming issue and add question regarding substantive change issue
        • UPDATE: Mike Davis states that "the significant change was from release 2 to release 3. Release 3 was affirmatively balloted in January and it is that version that the publication request applies to."
          • MOTION to approve: Sandy/Melva
          • VOTE: all in favor
  7. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Project Approval Request by the Attachments WG of the DESD for HL7 CDA® R2 Periodontal Attachment Implementation Guide: Exchange of C-CDA Based Documents, Release 1 – US Realm at Project Insight 1274 and TSC Tracker 10053
      • T3SD and Freida: Lynn cannot be the publishing facilitator; it must be someone from the project
      • DESD: Item 2, "specify period" is not checked and should probably read "Final review with Structured Documents prior to ballot. Item 2, "Implementers" is not completed. Items 6a and 6c are not completed.
      • ARB: PBS metrics not checked - was it reviewed? Security risks not included in section 3.d.
        • WG adjusted and provided updated project approval request
          • Anne reviews changes to document. Freida notes that security risks have to be addressed before publication. Should add something to the publication request to point to where the security risks are documented.
          • MOTION to add to security risk documentation to publication request: Freida/Calvin
          • VOTE: all in favor
          • MOTION to approve project: Calvin/Freida
          • VOTE: all in favor
    • Revised Project Approval Request by the CQI WG of the DESD of Common Clinical Registry Framework Domain Analysis Model at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 10051
      • DESD: Item 2, WG level of involvement is not completed. Items 6c and PBS metrics review not completed. Item 6D, local and state departments of health should be checked.
      • ARB: Is this investigative? Otherwise why not balloting?
        • Anne contacted WG but no response yet.
        • ACTION: Melva will follow up with WG
    • Revised Project Approval Request by the CBCC WG of the DESD for Standards Privacy Impact Assessment Cookbook at Project Insight 1263 and TSC Tracker 10054
      • ACTION: move forward due to majority vote
    • Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the SSD-SD of HL7 Personal Health Record System Functional Model – Update from Release 1 to Release 2 format at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 10253
      • Freida: Does this need to be a Joint Initiative Council (JIC) ballot if it is going to ISO? JointInitiativeCouncil.org mentions HL7-ISO Pilot Agreement and joint copyright in §5.b
        • Freida states process to move forward to ISO is out on HL7 website. Gora notes there have been some changes in ISO and recommends contacting Gary Dickenson. Ken asks if Wayne should take to EC? Ed Hammond is the formal HL7 rep to ISO. Sandy notes that Todd Cooper should be contacted.
        • ACTION: Wayne to contact Ed.
        • ACTION: Anne to add followup to next week
    • Project Approval Request by the OO WG of the SSD-SD of Newborn Screening Lab Result Implementation Guide at Project Insight 1267 and TSC Tracker 10255
      • ARB: No ARB review of external content
        • Anne followed up and asked project lead to contact ARB
        • ACTION: Add followup to next week
  8. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 8/0/0 with T3SD, DESD, Jean, ARB, Freida, Austin, Wayne, and FTSD voting:
  9. Approval items for this week:
  10. Discussion topics:
    • HL7 documentation formats across standards families - followup from 6-27 call with associated document
      • Add to next week
    • Assignment of outside projects to WGs:
      • Example 1: Patient Care WG was asked to convene a PSS around modeling occupational health history in the social history section of CDA to create v2 and FHIR content. Apparently, PHER and SDWG were also asked previously, and declined. Is there a process for assigning such a task to the appropriate workgroup? Should there not be a commitment from a WG co-chair before approving such a project?
      • Example 2: Similarly PCWG was asked to be the home for balloting a JIC project, the International Patient Summary. PCWG has not participated in that project previously, and it seems this is more closely related to the CCDA/CCD Patient Care Summary. Should this be initiated with a commitment of support and participation from the International Council? Should it go to ARB or TSC before being assigned to a WG?
        • This issue was forwarded to Wayne by Russ Leftwich. Tony: A procedure is identified in the BAM but it hasn't been operationalized.
        • Example 1: Should have gone to US Realm first. No one single WG owns all the pieces which causes a problem. Discussion over process for outside entities. Freida: It is defined in the PSS that US Realm is the first approval body if it is a US Realm project. In practice it doesn't always happen that way.
        • Example 2: Austin states this is a Structured Documents project. Believes this issue is a result of change in leadership on the project. Discussion over WG bandwidth for outside assignments and WG shopping. Lorraine notes that it often crosses steering divisions. Wayne: So there is a piece of the process missing if it's not US-based. We need an evaluation checklist. Lorraine: When we've got projects that cross SDs, project teams need a place to go to get advice on where to go/who to talk to. Gora: The process is through the PSS which is too late. Has to be before you start the PSS. Freida: If you look at the project approval process that goes with the PSS that explains to go to the US Realm steering committee first; we should have a similar one for universal projects. Gora: We need instructions for outside entities on the website. Austin: More often they probably know somebody and ask somebody. Where should PCWG have raised it? Needs to be a place that contains advice on where to go. Perhaps TSC is the place. Could use a checklist model. Wayne: Four takeaways: 1) We need a process for Universal realm projects; 2) We need a model for top down approval process; 3) We need advice published for people coming in with a project from the outside; 4: we need to clearly define role of TSC and steering divisions in this process. Calvin: US Realm should be added to the list for the US things.
  11. Adjourned at 11:59 am Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.