2016-07-18 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

_

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2016-07-18
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Gora Datta . Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2016-07-11 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Review action items
    • Begin work on multi-year planning items:
      • Simplification of location of meeting notifications, minutes, agendas, and other documentation - merged with Standardization of Processes Across WGs
      • Evaluate WG/SD structure: Melva, John, Russ
      • Evaluate opportunities for member/non-member engagement: John, Lorraine, Russ w/Anne assisting
      • Standards organization hierarchy: John
      • Standards sharing across realms: Jean, Giorgio
      • Standardization of processes across WGs: Sandy, Melva, Ken, Tony, w/Anne assisting - next call on July 12
        • Will reschedule due to Harmonization. Will work on time offline
      • Strategy for PSS management throughout the lifecycle: Jean, Calvin, Dave, EST
        • Working on scheduling a call
  5. Approval items from previous weeks with followup
    • Revised Project Approval Request by the CQI WG of the DESD of Common Clinical Registry Framework Domain Analysis Model at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 10051
      • DESD: Item 2, WG level of involvement is not completed. Items 6c and PBS metrics review not completed. Item 6D, local and state departments of health should be checked.
      • ARB: Is this investigative? Otherwise why not balloting?
        • Anne and Melva to follow up
        • Followup on balloting: WG states it will indeed ballot Informative
  6. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Project Approval Request by the PHER WG of the DESD of HL7 CDA Implementation Guide for Inpatient and Ambulatory Healthcare Reporting to Birth Defect Registries at Project Insight 1112 and TSC Tracker 10062
      • Referred by Freida: 2nd implementer listed as generic "EHR Vendor." Intended implementers must be identified at project initiation.
        • Anne has reached out for confirmation of intended EHR Vendor
  7. Approval items for this week:
  8. Discussion topics:
  9. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  10. Open Issues List

Minutes

Housekeeping

  • Approve Minutes of 2016-07-11 TSC Call Agenda
    • Minutes approved via general consent
  • Review action items
    • Begin work on multi-year planning items:
      • Simplification of location of meeting notifications, minutes, agendas, and other documentation - merged with Standardization of Processes Across WGs
      • Evaluate WG/SD structure: Melva, John, Russ
      • Evaluate opportunities for member/non-member engagement: John, Lorraine, Russ w/Anne assisting
      • Standards organization hierarchy: John
      • Standards sharing across realms: Jean, Giorgio
      • Standardization of processes across WGs: Sandy, Melva, Ken, Tony, w/Anne assisting - next call on July 12
        • Will reschedule due to Harmonization. Will work on time offline
      • Strategy for PSS management throughout the lifecycle: Jean, Calvin, Dave, EST
        • Working on scheduling a call
  • Approval items from previous weeks with followup
    • Revised Project Approval Request by the CQI WG of the DESD of Common Clinical Registry Framework Domain Analysis Model at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 10051
      • DESD: Item 2, WG level of involvement is not completed. Items 6c and PBS metrics review not completed. Item 6D, local and state departments of health should be checked.
      • ARB: Is this investigative? Otherwise why not balloting?
        • Anne and Melva to follow up
        • Followup on balloting: WG states it will indeed ballot Informative
        • Have not yet heard back on the other items - leave f/u for next week
  • Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Project Approval Request by the PHER WG of the DESD of HL7 CDA Implementation Guide for Inpatient and Ambulatory Healthcare Reporting to Birth Defect Registries at Project Insight 1112 and TSC Tracker 10062
      • Referred by Freida: 2nd implementer listed as generic "EHR Vendor." Intended implementers must be identified at project initiation.
        • Anne has reached out for confirmation of intended EHR Vendor. John Roberts reports that the vendors don't yet want their names released but it should occur shortly. John states the WG requests an exception on the policy.
        • MOTION to approve with noted exception: Freida/John. Gora states the PSS should be updated with an indication that two implementers have been identified with names pending. Anne will update PSS.
        • VOTE: all in favor
  • Approval items for this week:
  • Discussion topics:
    • Review of ballot items
      • Freida states that in our naming convention in the GOM we need to clarify FHIR naming. In current practice, anything other than the base standard is abbreviated; the base standard is spelled out.
        • MOTION to amend the GOM to add the instruction to spell out standard name in the base standard and abbreviate in everything else: Wayne/Gora
        • VOTE: All in favor
    • Freida notes that alternate ballot name requests need to be reviewed that don't follow naming convention.
    • Reviewed Wayne's document and associated votes.
      • MOTION to approve the reaffirmation ballots: Wayne/Melva
      • VOTE: all in favor
    • Referred: HL7 Cross-Paradigm IG: Behavioral Health Data Exchange, Release 1 - US Realm (PI ID: 800)
      • ACTION: Anne to contact email to CBCC cochairs to find out if the changes made in May to the PSS were significant - and if so, why it hasn't gone to US Realm/DESD. Seems to be significant because it has changed from one domain to cross-paradigm.
    • Gora has a question regarding a project that is overall approved but they have yellow on WG health. Is it left with SD to make the call? Discussion over how to evaluate and address. Freida: On PBS metrics there is a project health score that is reflected on WGH score - will be doing work on project health score to be more comprehensive.
    • Newborn Screening PSS 1267 - ARB approved content.
      • MOTION to approve PSS: Tony/Andy
      • VOTE: all in favor
  • Austin: Could the TSC approve an accelerated approval process for an IG that is being cited in regulation as we have in the past? This authorizes chair and CTO to approve without full TSC e-vote. The ballot in question is the National Healthcare Survey (ANNE to look up PID). Had a small scope change to include both inpatient and outpatient.
    • MOTION to use the accelerated publication approval process on this document whereby the TSC chair or CTO approves publication in lieu of full TSC vote: Austin/John
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  • Open Issues List

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.