2016-08-01 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2016-08-01
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Dave Hamill
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick . Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Russ Hamm . Calvin Beebe . Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts . Paul Knapp x Gora Datta . Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Dave Hamill
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2016-07-25 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Review action items
  5. Approval Items from previous weeks with followup:
    • Revised Project Approval Request by the CQI WG of the DESD of Common Clinical Registry Framework Domain Analysis Model at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 10051
      • DESD: Item 2, WG level of involvement is not completed. Items 6c and PBS metrics review not completed. Item 6D, local and state departments of health should be checked.
      • ARB: Is this investigative? Otherwise why not balloting?
        • Melva to follow up on items 2, 6c and 6d
        • UPDATE: Revised PSS submitted; will be in this week's e-vote
    • Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the SSD-SD of HL7 Personal Health Record System Functional Model – Update from Release 1 to Release 2 format at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 10253
      • Freida: Does this need to be a Joint Initiative Council (JIC) ballot if it is going to ISO? JointInitiativeCouncil.org mentions HL7-ISO Pilot Agreement and joint copyright in §5.b
        • ACTION: Wayne to contact Ed as he is the formal HL7 rep to ISO
    • STU Publication Request by the PHER WG of the DESD for HL7 Version 2.6 Implementation Guide: Vital Records Death Reporting (US Realm), Release 1 at Project Insight 1208 and TSC Tracker 10372
      • Referred by Freida: It seems the Project Insight # may be incorrect reference? Per the ballot desktop, the January 2016 ballot was: HL7 Version 2.6 Implementation Guide: Vital Records Death Reporting (US Realm), Release 1 (PI ID: 735) The Publication Request indicates both project ids, don’t know why 735 says “delete?”
      • Anne checked with Lynn; she states "Vital Records' project ID was changed with the new PSS. It used to be 735 but is now balloting under 1208."
        • ACTION: Anne to talk with Dave to make sure old project (735) is closed.
        • UPDATE: Dave has archived project 735
  6. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Project Approval Request by the FHIR-I WG of the FTSD of Data Access Framework (DAF) FHIR Implementation Guide(s) at Project Insight 1265 and TSC Tracker 10402
      • Referred by T3SD, Giorgio, and DESD: All comments are regarding deferral of vote until cosponsors have approved
      • Referred by Freida: Does this need ARB review of externally developed content? PSS needs to better explain when/what ARB needs to review; change request entered for next PSS update.
  7. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 8/0/0 with DESD, FTSD, SSD-SD, T3SD, Giorgio, Melva, Wayne, and Austin voting:
  8. Approval items for this week:
  9. Discussion topics:
  10. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  11. Parking Lot/Open Issues List
    • SeptemberWGM prep
    • HL7 documentation formats across standards families - followup from 6-27 call with associated document
    • Assignment of outside projects to WGs:
      • 1) We need a process for Universal realm projects; 2) We need a model for top down approval process; 3) We need advice published for people coming in with a project from the outside; 4: we need to clearly define role of TSC and steering divisions in this process. Calvin: US Realm should be added to the list for the US things.
    • Continue work on multi-year planning items:
      • Simplification of location of meeting notifications, minutes, agendas, and other documentation - merged with Standardization of Processes Across WGs
      • Evaluate WG/SD structure: Melva, John, Russ
      • Evaluate opportunities for member/non-member engagement: John, Lorraine, Russ w/Anne assisting
      • Standards organization hierarchy: John
      • Standards sharing across realms: Jean, Giorgio
      • Standardization of processes across WGs: Sandy, Melva, Ken, Tony, w/Anne assisting - rescheduling call due to harmonization
      • Strategy for PSS management throughout the lifecycle: Jean, Calvin, Dave, EST
        • Working on scheduling a call

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2016-07-25 TSC Call Agenda
    • Accepted by general consent
  4. Review action items
    • Reviewed 2016Sep Ballot items Updated. Motions/Notes captured in the XLS file as well as detailed below. Also, Dave walked through the spreadsheet with Lynn Laakso on 8/4/2016.
      • HL7 EHR System Usability Conformance Criteria, Release 1 (2nd Comment-Only Ballot) (PI ID: 995)
        • Motion by Gora; seconded by Hal; Approve the document based on the condition that the Work Group will determine whether the dash should be included in the title as in ‘EHR System. Unanimously approved.
        • Once the EHR WG has decided, they should contact Frieda Hall to let her know the decision so that she can update the GOM.
        • 8/4/2016 Update Per Lynn Laakso, she has updated the ballot desktop and will include the following in her in her ballot update document: The title of the item initially announced as HL7 EHR System Usability Conformance Criteria, Release 1 (2nd Comment-Only Ballot) (PI ID: 995) has been modified to HL7 EHRS-FM Release 2: Usability Conformance Criteria, Release 1 (PI ID: 995) to better reflect the updated naming conventions approved by the TSC. This did result in a change to the Unique Ballot ID: EHRS_USEGUIDE_R1_O2_2016SEP to: EHRSFM_R2_USEGUIDE_R1_O2_2016SEP.
      • HL7 FHIR® IG: Data Access Framework (DAF) Research, Release 1 (1st Comment-Only Ballot) (PI ID: 1265)
        • Dave to reach out to Jonathon Coleman to attend the ArB meeting on Tuesday to explain the externally developed content and cc Tony and Wayne.
        • Motion to approve subject to ArB approval by Hall; Beebe seconds; Unanimously approved.
        • 8/4/2016 Update: ArB approved.
      • HL7 Specification: Standards Privacy Impact Assessment (SPIA) Implementation Guide, Release 1 (PI ID: 1263) Requesting alternate ballot title "Standards Privacy Impact Assessment (SPIA) Cookbook" (1st Informative Ballot)
        • Datta motions; Stuart seconds motions to approve title subjected to the Work Group agreeing.Unanimously approved.
        • ACTION ITEM: Dave/Anne to have the Work Group inform the TSC upon their decision.
        • Dave completed on 8/4/2016
  5. Approval Items from previous weeks with followup:
    • Revised Project Approval Request by the CQI WG of the DESD of Common Clinical Registry Framework Domain Analysis Model at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 10051
      • DESD: Item 2, WG level of involvement is not completed. Items 6c and PBS metrics review not completed. Item 6D, local and state departments of health should be checked.
      • ARB: Is this investigative? Otherwise why not balloting?
        • Melva to follow up on items 2, 6c and 6d
        • UPDATE: Dave to put in this week's e-vote
    • Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the SSD-SD of HL7 Personal Health Record System Functional Model – Update from Release 1 to Release 2 format at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 10253
      • Freida: Does this need to be a Joint Initiative Council (JIC) ballot if it is going to ISO? JointInitiativeCouncil.org mentions HL7-ISO Pilot Agreement and joint copyright in §5.b
        • ACTION: Wayne to contact Ed as he is the formal HL7 rep to ISO
    • STU Publication Request by the PHER WG of the DESD for HL7 Version 2.6 Implementation Guide: Vital Records Death Reporting (US Realm), Release 1 at Project Insight 1208 and TSC Tracker 10372
      • Referred by Freida: It seems the Project Insight # may be incorrect reference? Per the ballot desktop, the January 2016 ballot was: HL7 Version 2.6 Implementation Guide: Vital Records Death Reporting (US Realm), Release 1 (PI ID: 735) The Publication Request indicates both project ids, don’t know why 735 says “delete?”
      • Anne checked with Lynn; she states "Vital Records' project ID was changed with the new PSS. It used to be 735 but is now balloting under 1208."
        • ACTION: Anne to talk with Dave to make sure old project (735) is closed.
        • UPDATE: Dave conveyed Michelle Williamson's explanation regarding project 735 vs 1208: "Our first IG (DSTU 1) was a V2.5.1 Vital Records Death Reporting IG. 735; The current IG is DSTU 2 – V2.6 Vital Records Death Reporting IG. 1208"
        • TSC was fine with archiving 735. Dave to put in this week's e-vote
  6. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Project Approval Request by the FHIR-I WG of the FTSD of Data Access Framework (DAF) FHIR Implementation Guide(s) at Project Insight 1265 and TSC Tracker 10402
      • Referred by T3SD, Giorgio, and DESD: All comments are regarding deferral of vote until cosponsors have approved
      • Referred by Freida: Does this need ARB review of externally developed content? PSS needs to better explain when/what ARB needs to review; change request entered for next PSS update.
      • UPDATE: Discussion and Motion documented in the Ballot Review XLS file (agenda item #2 above)
  7. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 8/0/0 with DESD, FTSD, SSD-SD, T3SD, Giorgio, Melva, Wayne, and Austin voting:
  8. Approval items for this week (Dave to send out in an e-vote):
  9. Discussion topics:
  10. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  11. Parking Lot/Open Issues List
    • SeptemberWGM prep
    • HL7 documentation formats across standards families - followup from 6-27 call with associated document
    • Assignment of outside projects to WGs:
      • 1) We need a process for Universal realm projects; 2) We need a model for top down approval process; 3) We need advice published for people coming in with a project from the outside; 4: we need to clearly define role of TSC and steering divisions in this process. Calvin: US Realm should be added to the list for the US things.
    • Continue work on multi-year planning items:
      • Simplification of location of meeting notifications, minutes, agendas, and other documentation - merged with Standardization of Processes Across WGs
      • Evaluate WG/SD structure: Melva, John, Russ
      • Evaluate opportunities for member/non-member engagement: John, Lorraine, Russ w/Anne assisting
      • Standards organization hierarchy: John
      • Standards sharing across realms: Jean, Giorgio
      • Standardization of processes across WGs: Sandy, Melva, Ken, Tony, w/Anne assisting - rescheduling call due to harmonization
      • Strategy for PSS management throughout the lifecycle: Jean, Calvin, Dave, EST
        • Working on scheduling a call
    • For Work Groups in Yellow or Red status, Gora proposes the following process be implemented when a Steering Division reviews a newly submitted PSS:
      • SD communicates the Yellow/Red Status to the WG
      • WG must acknowledge the notification that they are in Yellow/Red status

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.