2016-08-08 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2016-08-08
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick . Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
regrets Melva Peters x Russ Hamm . Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Gora Datta . Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . x Harmanpreet Singh x Lynn Laakso
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2016-08-01 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Review action items
  5. Approval Items from previous weeks with followup:
    • Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the SSD-SD of HL7 Personal Health Record System Functional Model – Update from Release 1 to Release 2 format at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 10253
      • Freida: Does this need to be a Joint Initiative Council (JIC) ballot if it is going to ISO? JointInitiativeCouncil.org mentions HL7-ISO Pilot Agreement and joint copyright in §5.b
        • ACTION: Wayne to report back to the TSC after an ISO meeting occurs that will discuss the current process
  6. Approval items from last week's e-vote:
    • Revised Project Approval Request by the CQI WG of the DESD of Common Clinical Registry Framework Domain Analysis Model at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 10051
      • Voting Status: Approved by DESD, ARB, International, CTO, SSD-SD; (which means quorum was reached)
      • T3SD Comment: For the Common Clinical Registry PSS this is marked as Universal but looks to be very US centric, can they describe how they are ensuring application to other non-US realms?
        • Dave has emailed the Project Facilitator regarding the above comment
    • Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the SSD-SD for EHR System Immunization Functional Profile Release 2 at Project Insight 1276 and TSC Tracker 10414
      • 'Dash/Naming Issue' has been resolved per Lynn's ballot entry
      • Voting Status: Approved by DESD, ARB, International, SSD-SD;
      • T3SD Comment: For the EHR Immunization Functional Profile I have two issues, I am not sure if PHER was asked to be a co-sponsor and declined but I would feel much more comfortable if PHER was formally involved instead of just listed as an interested party. Secondly this also seems very US-centric, if PHER was involved, I would not worry about it as much.
        • Dave has emailed the Project Facilitator regarding the above comment
  7. Approval items for this week:
  8. Discussion topics:
    • rescheduling Wednesday TSC lunch meeting - Ken, Wayne
    • Introduction of proposed GOM changes - Freida
    • PLA update activity since last WGM - Calvin, Mary Kay
    • Introduction of SGB topic to TSC: Standardization of logging issues/comments across standards - Paul, Calvin, Lorraine
    • ARB suggested the following draft definition for “Guidance” Product Type: - Tony
      • A Guidance is a type of informative document that describes principles, best practices, and general advice but is not directly related to implementation of one or more specifications.
  9. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  10. Parking Lot/Open Issues List
    • SeptemberWGM prep
      • Q1 Suggestion: How do we simplify our structure
      • Q1 Suggestion: Essentialism Principles and Strategic Planning
    • HL7 documentation formats across standards families - followup from 6-27 call with associated document
    • Assignment of outside projects to WGs:
      • 1) We need a process for Universal realm projects; 2) We need a model for top down approval process; 3) We need advice published for people coming in with a project from the outside; 4: we need to clearly define role of TSC and steering divisions in this process. Calvin: US Realm should be added to the list for the US things.
    • Continue work on multi-year planning items:
      • Simplification of location of meeting notifications, minutes, agendas, and other documentation - merged with Standardization of Processes Across WGs
      • Evaluate WG/SD structure: Melva, John, Russ
      • Evaluate opportunities for member/non-member engagement: John, Lorraine, Russ w/Anne assisting
      • Standards organization hierarchy: John
      • Standards sharing across realms: Jean, Giorgio
      • Standardization of processes across WGs: Sandy, Melva, Ken, Tony, w/Anne assisting - rescheduling call due to harmonization
      • Strategy for PSS management throughout the lifecycle: Jean, Calvin, Dave, EST
        • Working on scheduling a call
    • For Work Groups in Yellow or Red status, Gora proposes the following process be implemented when a Steering Division reviews a newly submitted PSS:
      • SD communicates the Yellow/Red Status to the WG
      • WG must acknowledge the notification that they are in Yellow/Red status

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Minutes: 8/1 2016-08-01 TSC Call Agenda missing attendance; postpone approval. All present today minus Paul and Andy but included Melva; 8/15 meeting should include both 8/1 and 8/8 minutes. No international attendance
  2. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) - none
  3. Agenda review and approval – added rescheduling of Wednesday’s TSC luncheon
  4. Review action items
  5. Approval Items from previous weeks with followup:
    • Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the SSD-SD of HL7 Personal Health Record System Functional Model – Update from Release 1 to Release 2 format at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 10253
      • Freida: Does this need to be a Joint Initiative Council (JIC) ballot if it is going to ISO? JointInitiativeCouncil.org mentions HL7-ISO Pilot Agreement and joint copyright in §5.b
        • ACTION: Wayne to report back to the TSC after an ISO meeting occurs that will discuss the current process
        • no report yet pending ISO meeting
  6. Approval items from last week's e-vote:
    • Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the SSD-SD for EHR System Immunization Functional Profile Release 2 at Project Insight 1276 and TSC Tracker 10414
      • 'Dash/Naming Issue' has been resolved per Lynn's ballot entry
      • Voting Status: Approved by DESD, ARB, International, SSD-SD;
      • T3SD Comment: For the EHR Immunization Functional Profile I have two issues, I am not sure if PHER was asked to be a co-sponsor and declined but I would feel much more comfortable if PHER was formally involved instead of just listed as an interested party. Secondly this also seems very US-centric, if PHER was involved, I would not worry about it as much.
        • Dave has emailed the Project Facilitator regarding the above comment
        • Discussion: John Roberts notes that the PHER WG did elect not to be a co-sponsor. CDC publishes their material not through HL7 balloting. US Realm is very different than in other countries. While project involvement seems to be US based it may not be applicable to the US. Continued discussion on lineage and prior ballot. Gora notes that there is a subgroup of CDC that is pulling out. They are recommended to discuss with the US Realm TF. Gora further clarifies that Dave’s email to the project facilitator should have included steering division cochairs on communications to the Work Group.
    • Revised Project Approval Request by the CQI WG of the DESD of Common Clinical Registry Framework Domain Analysis Model at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 10051
      • Voting Status: Approved by DESD, ARB, International, CTO, SSD-SD; (which means quorum was reached)
      • T3SD Comment: For the Common Clinical Registry PSS this is marked as Universal but looks to be very US centric, can they describe how they are ensuring application to other non-US realms?
        • Dave has emailed the Project Facilitator regarding the above comment
        • Response from project facilitator shared with TSC. John Roberts indicated that PHER has discussed it and regards themselves as interested parties but not a cosponsor. Austin noted same concern. Freida asks how we make international projects more visible. She would like to see interested countries opt-in. Gora notes that it may be a process gap, that we have specific direction on US Realm is the lack of specific direction on UV realm. Is there a way we can request international approval? Ken notes that the IC does not have a process like the USRTF but he can address in Baltimore at the Sunday meeting. Andy suggests that the steering division should review instead. SD cochairs should recognize adequate international representation in their approval process. This is an opportunity to have a checkbox to indicate that adequate UV Realm participation has been procured. Wayne reiterates that the PSS as an online form could be more effective in this way. Paul notes that an online PSS could automatically notify international cochairs when a UV Realm project comes to the TSC.
        • Mistakenly identified as CQI sponsor in e-vote but actually CIC. John Roberts will follow up.
        • PSS template with instructions for 6.b Realm reviewed as feedback to the Work Groups having these questions. Gora offered a suggestion that Project Services include in the form (not the instructions) 2 lines for realm representation. Freida notes that in the sponsoring groups could indicate the minimum two realm representations by groups or organizations. She reports that Dave Hamill was working with Pat on scoping groups coming in to HL7. ACTION ITEM: Freida will address changes to the PSS for the 2017 release.
    • DAF was approved pending ARB review which successfully passed ARB review.
  7. Approval items for this week:
  8. Discussion topics:
    • rescheduling Wednesday TSC lunch meeting - Ken, Wayne
      • Double booked with another session follow up from plenary though not published in schedule yet. TSC members may wish to attend this session so reschedule Weds lunch. TSC would meet 7-8 AM Thursday though if it went a little over it would not be much impact.
    • Introduction of proposed GOM changes – Freida
      • Changes to GOM are out for peer review for 30 days. Changes as discussed by the TSC are included that were submitted prior to the deadline. We need to identify comments the TSC wishes to submit.
      • Freida moves that WI1605004 add the CTO to take responsibility for notification in the absence of the CEO. Andy seconds. Vote: unanimously approved.
      • Gora moves approval of the items with the above amendment (Paul seconds). Discussion ensued that a designated proxy should also be allowed. Gora moves to open the prior motion seconded by Andy and unanimously approved. Gora moves change of WI 1605004 to include a designated proxy. Andy seconds. Unanimously approved. Vote on approval of all items with amendment: unanimously approved.
    • September WGM prep
      • Q1 Suggestion: How do we simplify our structure
        • Work Group/steering division structure Q1/Q2 Saturday – John R, Gora, Paul, David Tao to prepare review. Paul requests Q2/Q3 so he can attend Q1 connectathon.
      • Q1 Suggestion: Essentialism Principles and Strategic Planning (Wayne)

Adjourned 12:02 PM


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Freida will address changes to the PSS for the 2017 release.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • 2016-08-15 TSC Call Agenda.
  • For Work Groups in Yellow or Red status, Gora proposes the following process be implemented when a Steering Division reviews a newly submitted PSS:
    • SD communicates the Yellow/Red Status to the WG
    • WG must acknowledge the notification that they are in Yellow/Red status


© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.