2016-08-22 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2016-MM-DD
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe Regrets Andy Stechishin
Regrets John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Gora Datta . Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2016-08-15 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Review action items
    • Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the SSD-SD of HL7 Personal Health Record System Functional Model – Update from Release 1 to Release 2 format at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 10253
      • Freida: Does this need to be a Joint Initiative Council (JIC) ballot if it is going to ISO? JointInitiativeCouncil.org mentions HL7-ISO Pilot Agreement and joint copyright in §5.b
        • ACTION: Wayne to report back to the TSC after an ISO meeting occurs that will discuss the current process
  5. Approval items from previous weeks with followup:
    • Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the SSD-SD for EHR System Immunization Functional Profile Release 2 at Project Insight 1276 and TSC Tracker 10414
      • US Realm reviewed and did not approve. Requested that:
        • Sponsoring WG work with the PHER WG to make them a cosponsor
        • Recruit the CDC, CRID, and AIRA to join as interested parties
        • Work with HL7 leadership to get joint ownership with CDC
  6. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Project Approval Request by the Health Care Devices WG of the DESD of FHIR for Device Data Reporting at Project Insight 1277 and TSC Tracker 10464
      • Referred by Austin: Is it actually appropriate for a WG to identify a staff member (Grahame Grieve, FHIR Product Director) as the modeling Facilitator on a PSS? This is a role normally filled by a volunteer, not a staff member.
  7. Approval items from last week approved 7/0/0 with Jean, T3sD, DESD, Freida, ARB, Wayne, and Austin voting:
  8. Approval items for this week:
  9. Discussion topics:
    • ARB suggested the following draft definition for “Guidance” Product Type: - Tony
      • A Guidance is a type of informative document that describes principles, best practices, and general advice but is not directly related to implementation of one or more specifications.
    • Introduction of SGB topic to TSC: Standardization of logging issues/comments across standards - Paul, Calvin, Lorraine
    • Followup on communicating with WGs in Yellow/Red status
      • Gora to review guidance document from Project Services
  10. Parking Lot/Open Issues List
    • SeptemberWGM prep
      • Q1:
        • Review/update
        • Essentialism/Strategic planning
      • Q2:
        • Architecture - Andy
        • Simplification
      • Q3:
        • Organizational structure alignment concepts
        • Simplify and Improve
    • HL7 documentation formats across standards families - followup from 6-27 call with associated document
    • Assignment of outside projects to WGs:
      • 1) We need a process for Universal realm projects; 2) We need a model for top down approval process; 3) We need advice published for people coming in with a project from the outside; 4: we need to clearly define role of TSC and steering divisions in this process. Calvin: US Realm should be added to the list for the US things.
    • Continue work on multi-year planning items:
      • Simplification of location of meeting notifications, minutes, agendas, and other documentation - merged with Standardization of Processes Across WGs
      • Evaluate WG/SD structure: Melva, John, Russ
      • Evaluate opportunities for member/non-member engagement: John, Lorraine, Russ w/Anne assisting
      • Standards organization hierarchy: John
      • Standards sharing across realms: Jean, Giorgio
      • Standardization of processes across WGs: Sandy, Melva, Ken, Tony, w/Anne assisting - rescheduling call due to harmonization
      • Strategy for PSS management throughout the lifecycle: Jean, Calvin, Dave, EST
        • Working on scheduling a call

Minutes

  • Agenda review and approval -
    • Wayne would like to add agenda item for Karen to visit next Monday to updated the conformance testing requested by ONC
      • ACTION: Anne to add to agenda
  • Approve Minutes of 2016-08-15 TSC Call Agenda
    • Minutes accepted via general consent
  • Review action items
    • Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the SSD-SD of HL7 Personal Health Record System Functional Model – Update from Release 1 to Release 2 format at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 10253
      • Freida: Does this need to be a Joint Initiative Council (JIC) ballot if it is going to ISO? JointInitiativeCouncil.org mentions HL7-ISO Pilot Agreement and joint copyright in §5.b
        • ACTION: Wayne to report back to the TSC after an ISO meeting occurs that will discuss the current process
  • Approval items from previous weeks with followup:
    • Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the SSD-SD for EHR System Immunization Functional Profile Release 2 at Project Insight 1276 and TSC Tracker 10414
      • US Realm reviewed and did not approve. Requested that:
        • Sponsoring WG work with the PHER WG to make them a cosponsor
        • Recruit the CDC, CRID, and AIRA to join as interested parties
        • Work with HL7 leadership to get joint ownership with CDC
  • Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Project Approval Request by the Health Care Devices WG of the DESD of FHIR for Device Data Reporting at Project Insight 1277 and TSC Tracker 10464
      • Referred by Austin: Is it actually appropriate for a WG to identify a staff member (Grahame Grieve, FHIR Product Director) as the modeling Facilitator on a PSS? This is a role normally filled by a volunteer, not a staff member.
        • Discussion: Lorraine notes that Grahame has other volunteer roles in addition to staff role. Ken: Grahame is aware that he's been identified on the PSS. Wayne asks where this rule is stated about staff. Group agrees it has not been a formal rule - it's more of an understanding. Discussion over roles that staff fill. Gora: We may need clarification on whether or not a staff member is an HL7 member. Freida: Grahame is running for re-election. As long as you have a membership you can run for a co-chair position. So membership may be a good test. Lorraine: But you don't need to be a member to participate/be on a project. Only need a membership for cochair position and balloting (but can also buy the right to vote).
        • Ken: Do we agree that Grahame is the right facilitator on this project? Group agrees he is appropriate. Ken confirmed earlier with Grahame that he is participating in the project under his volunteer capacity as opposed to staff.
        • MOTION to approve the project: Austin/Paul
        • VOTE: all in favor
        • No way to determine a staff member's role on the PSS. Ken asks Austin to work on the issue. Freida is reluctant to add more information to the PSS, and suggests we just catch them as they come through on a need-to-do basis. Lorraine: One of our review points could be to confirm that an identified staff members is working in a volunteer capacity. Freida suggests adding to FAQ that staff shouldn't be named on the PSS. Paul: Could add that adding staff requires HQ authorization. Ken: Should 2c have instructions that all individuals must have confirmed agreement to participate? Group agrees. Freida will add to 2017 update.
        • Lorraine notes the separation of concerns issue isn't solved by this. Keeps focus and balance on tasks; is a challenge to the individual if they're doing the work and managing the work. Need to make sure role of product manager isn't going to get squeezed because he's in this other role. It's for the protection of all parties. Discussion over SGB/ARB taking a look at the issue.
          • ACTION: SGB and ARB to address the issue of separation of concerns with initial report on 2016-10-03
  • Approval items from last week approved 7/0/0 with Jean, T3sD, DESD, Freida, ARB, Wayne, and Austin voting:
  • Approval items for this week:
  • Discussion topics:
    • ARB suggested the following draft definition for “Guidance” Product Type: - Tony
      • A Guidance is a type of informative document that describes principles, best practices, and general advice but is not directly related to implementation of one or more specifications.
        • DEFERRED until 2016-09-12
    • Introduction of SGB topic to TSC: Standardization of logging issues/comments across standards - Paul, Calvin, Lorraine
      • Calvin: Structured Documents has some normative standards that have received feedback but there is no place to capture those issues as there would be if they were STUs. EST has an on-hold project to deal with this issue. Wayne asks if people use tracker to enter comments on normative standards? Group responds no but that it's something to consider. Need to work out requirements - discussion over appropriate body to do so. Paul: SGB could frame it working with EST, then bring back to TSC. Ken: Agree that it's a management issue. Perhaps Paul, Calvin, and Melva work on it with their SD hats on as a subgroup of TSC to lay the groundwork. Calvin: We could make a run at it; it does raise questions on do we do a tactical or strategic solution? Ken: We're getting the requirements together first. EST cochair should also be involved.
        • ACTION: Paul, Calvin, and Melva to work on requirements with EST cochair and report back on 2016-10-03.
    • Followup on communicating with WGs in Yellow/Red status
      • Gora to review guidance document from Project Services
        • Gora reviewed and is okay with the process.
    • Saturday TSC meeting at WGM:
      • Will be discussing simplification and simplification/improvement. Wayne will be doing a tutorial on Essentialism from a book by the same name; did a similar workshop with the board. Gora asks what is wrong with the TSC structure. Wayne would like to see a simpler structure with fewer WGs with less overlap.
        • ACTION: Revisit multi-year planning items on 2016-09-12 TSC call
        • ACTION: Anne to add to agenda
  • Adjourned at 12:02 PM Eastern


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • SGB and ARB to address the issue of separation of concerns with initial report on 2016-10-03
  • Paul, Calvin, and Melva to work on requirements for logging issues/comments across standards with EST cochair and report back on 2016-10-03
  • All: Revisit multi-year planning items on 2016-09-12 TSC call
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rig

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.