2016-10-03 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

'Date: 2016-10-03
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
regrets Melva Peters regrets Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts . Paul Knapp x Gora Datta regrets Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Lynn Laakso
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2016-09-17_TSC_WGM_Agenda
  4. Approve Minutes of 2016-09-18_TSC_WGM_Agenda
  5. Approve Minutes of 2016-09-22_TSC_WGM_Agenda
  6. Review action items
  7. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the DESD of Definition of Negation Requirements for Standards at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 12197
      • Referred by Wayne: The timeline seems odd - going to ballot a few weeks after the PSS is sent to TSC.
      • Referred by T3SD: Does this replace PSS 1135? Or should it be merged with 1135?
      • Referred by Freida: 1) What happens to project 1135? Or is this to develop requirements for 1135 to execute and 1135 is dependent on this project? 2) Suggest this be classified as Informative White Paper.
  8. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 6/0/0 with Wayne, Freida, Giorgio, FTSD, T3SD, and ARB voting:
  9. Approval items for this week:
  10. Discussion topics:
    • Initial report from SGB and ARB on addressing the issue of separation of concerns
    • V3 (RIM) Transition from Continuous to Periodic Maintenance - update from Wayne/Calvin's attendance at facilitator roundtable
    • Report from Paul, Calvin, Melva on requirements for logging issues/comments across standards
    • V2 Proposals location - Freida
    • TSC SWOT Review
  11. Open Issues List/Parking Lot

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Convene 11:04

  1. Agenda review and approval - No additions to agenda
  2. Approve Minutes of 2016-09-17_TSC_WGM_Agenda
  3. Approve Minutes of 2016-09-18_TSC_WGM_Agenda
  4. Approve Minutes of 2016-09-22_TSC_WGM_Agenda
    • Minutes of Saturday 9/17, Sunday 9/18, Thursday 9/22 accepted by general consent
  5. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the DESD of Definition of Negation Requirements for Standards at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 12197
      • Referred by Wayne: The timeline seems odd - going to ballot a few weeks after the PSS is sent to TSC.
      • Referred by T3SD: Does this replace PSS 1135? Or should it be merged with 1135?
      • Referred by Freida: 1) What happens to project 1135? Or is this to develop requirements for 1135 to execute and 1135 is dependent on this project? 2) Suggest this be classified as Informative White Paper.
      • Approval timelines and potential recommendations discussed; Lorraine notes the negation discussions have been ongoing for some time. Division of projects for requirements PSS (this PSS) versus execution PSS (1135) is unusual.
      • ACTION ITEM: Anne to Refer back to work group to get clarity on the issues – white paper, SAIF conceptual model, or informative document?
  6. Approval items for this week:
    • Request from FMG to confirm reappointment of members with expiring terms: Brian Postlethwaite, Brian Pech, and John Moehrke
      • Wayne notes a point of order, that the FMG has not submitted this request for reappointment to him and would like to follow up with them on this request. Freida adds that the GOM specifies the TSC confirms appointments to FMG but not specifically the CTO. Lorraine moves and John seconds the motion to reappoint. Unanimously approved.
  7. Discussion topics:
    • Initial report from SGB and ARB on addressing the issue of separation of concerns
      • Postpone until Paul is available
    • V3 (RIM) Transition from Continuous to Periodic Maintenance - update from Wayne/Calvin's attendance at facilitator roundtable
      • Calvin summarizes the facilitators’ concern over frequent structural vocabulary changes and their impact on the RIM might be important. Need to reach out to Ted to gain insight on how to better separate the structural vocabulary from the RIM.
    • Report from Paul, Calvin, Melva on requirements for logging issues/comments across standards
      • Calvin sent his initial thoughts to Paul and Melva but they have not had a chance to respond; postpone
    • V2 Proposals location – Freida
      • V2 publishing moved the database into gforge but not known if this is a2.9 ballot preparation step or a permanent change for proposals submission and what needs to be changed on the web site. Tony will check with Brian. Ken would like to entertain a presentation from Brian of the communications plan for this change.
    • TSC SWOT Review – postponed
    • GOM changes – closed session on conference call or F2F meeting allowed; no changes necessary
  8. Adjourned 11:48 AM


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Anne to Refer back to work group to get clarity on the issues with Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the DESD of Definition of Negation Requirements for Standards at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 12197
    • – white paper, SAIF conceptual model, or informative document?
  • Need to reach out to Ted to gain insight on how to better separate the structural vocabulary from the RIM.
  • Tony will check with Brian on the communications plan for the potential change to V2 proposal submissions from web site to GForge.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.