2016-10-10 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2016-MM-DD
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
Regrets Ken McCaslin Regrets Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick Regrets Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe Regrets Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Gora Datta Regrets Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2016-10-03 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Review action items
    • Anne to Refer back to work group to get clarity on the issues with Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the DESD of Definition of Negation Requirements for Standards at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 12197 – white paper, SAIF conceptual model, or informative document?
    • Need to reach out to Ted to gain insight on how to better separate the structural vocabulary from the RIM.
    • Tony will check with Brian on the communications plan for the potential change to V2 proposal submissions from web site to GForge.
  5. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Unballoted DSTU Update Request by the CQI WG of the DESD for HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: Quality Data Model (QDM)-based Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF), Release 1 – US Realm – DSTU Release 1.4 at Project Insight 756 and TSC Tracker 12221
      • Referred by ARB: ARB feels there should be a spot to indicate the kind and breadth of the update so we can tell if the review process made sense. The guidance doc says the project scope should be updated to reflect the planned changes, but we did not see anything in project insight that helped.
    • STU Extension Request by the EHR WG of the SSD-SD for Electronic Nutrition Care Process Record System (ENCPRS) R1.1 at Project Insight 706 and TSC Tracker 12222
      • Referred by DESD: This is missing the reason for extension, timeline, and actions according to GOM 13.02.06.02, Extending the Trial Use Period
        • Update: Anne reached out and WG reports they are working on completing the information as requested.
  6. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 6/0/0 with Freida, Giorgio, Wayne, ARB, DESD, and T3SD voting:
  7. Approval items for this week's e-vote:
  8. Discussion topics:
    • Initial report from SGB and ARB on addressing the issue of separation of concerns
    • Report from Paul, Calvin, Melva on requirements for logging issues/comments across standards
    • TSC SWOT Review - please review for vote on 2016-10-17
  9. Open Issues List

Minutes

  1. Approve Minutes of 2016-10-03 TSC Call Agenda
    • Minutes approved via general consent
  2. Review action items
    • Anne to Refer back to work group to get clarity on the issues with Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the DESD of Definition of Negation Requirements for Standards at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 12197 – white paper, SAIF conceptual model, or informative document?
      • John Roberts reached out. Still waiting for response.
    • Need to reach out to Ted to gain insight on how to better separate the structural vocabulary from the RIM.
      • Wayne reached out and received lengthy response from Ted. Doesn't seem to be a big issue from Ted's perspective. Paul asks what the issue is. Came up with the continuous vs. periodic maintenance issue regarding the RIM. Harmonization is the only real source for structural changes to the RIM moving forward. Under continuous maintenance we still have to ballot the RIM once a year; the question is if there are still enough changes to warrant that. Sentiment is that it would still end up being once a year even if we switched to periodic maintenance. No compelling reason at this point to change to periodic.
    • Tony will check with Brian on the communications plan for the potential change to V2 proposal submissions from web site to GForge.
      • Add to next call
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Unballoted DSTU Update Request by the CQI WG of the DESD for HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: Quality Data Model (QDM)-based Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF), Release 1 – US Realm – DSTU Release 1.4 at Project Insight 756 and TSC Tracker 12221
      • Referred by ARB: ARB feels there should be a spot to indicate the kind and breadth of the update so we can tell if the review process made sense. The guidance doc says the project scope should be updated to reflect the planned changes, but we did not see anything in project insight that helped.
        • Anne to send questions back to WG
    • STU Extension Request by the EHR WG of the SSD-SD for Electronic Nutrition Care Process Record System (ENCPRS) R1.1 at Project Insight 706 and TSC Tracker 12222
      • Referred by DESD: This is missing the reason for extension, timeline, and actions according to GOM 13.02.06.02, Extending the Trial Use Period
        • Update: Anne reached out and WG reports they are working on completing the information as requested.
  4. Discussion topics:
    • Initial report from SGB and ARB on addressing the issue of separation of concerns
      • ARB did not meet last week. SGB met last week but did not address. Add for next week.
    • Report from Paul, Calvin, Melva on requirements for logging issues/comments across standards
      • Calvin has sent a powerpoint out to Paul and Melva and they will review. Add for next week.
    • TSC SWOT Review - please review for vote on 2016-10-17
      • Add for next week when Ken is present. Group to review in the meantime paying specific attention to opportunities or threats.
    • Paul notes that we had a discussion with respect to what do we do with standards once they cease to be a standard but we wish to maintain them on the site - sunsetting issue. Is still on ARB topic list. Need a way to mark or classify. TSC project has not been approved yet with many coordination items noted on 2016-03-14 call. 2016-05-23 call notes that EST/Staff to determine where retired standards will reside and ARB to investigate what to do with joint standards.
      • ACTION: Anne to add PSS to next week's agenda
  5. Adjourned at 11:45 am Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.