2017-01-09 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2017-01-09
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
Regrets Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
. . . .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Austin Kreisler Regrets Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote x Lloyd McKenzie . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    • Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    • Agenda review and approval -
    • Approve Minutes of 2016-12-12 TSC Call Agenda
    • Confirm TSC San Antonio Attendance
  2. Review action items
    • Wayne to attend PIC call regarding ownership of co-chair handbook updates and look at change request process
    • Wayne to get clarity from the Board on HL7 intentions for User Groups
    • Wayne to research with EC if any decisions were made regarding extensions for items cited in regulation
    • Freida to ask GOC if TSC can adjust extension limit for items cited in regulation
    • Calvin to take issue of ballot level change requests to SGB
    • Anne to send SWOT out for comment before WGM discussion
  3. Approval item from previous e-votes approved 7/0/0 with Wayne, T3SD, DESD, FTSD, ARB, Jean, and Giorgio voting:
  4. Approval Items for This Week:
  5. Discussion topics:
    • Standards Governance Board member terms
    • Implementation Guide Ballot Resolution (Paul/Lloyd McKenzie)
    • Communication of rules (continued from last call)
    • San Antonio Agenda
      • CTO Update - Q1
      • Organizational realignment - Q1
      • Organizational realignemnt, continued - Q2
      • Revision/expansion of withdrawal template - Q2
      • Developing requirements for logging issues/comments across standards - Calvin - Q3
      • Identifying and communicating essential rules - Q3
      • TSC SWOT - Q4
      • Review of M&C for CDA product family management group - Q4
      • Others?
  6. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    • Dynamic location for updates to organizational decisions/principles

Minutes

  • Housekeeping
    • Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    • Agenda review and approval -
    • Approve Minutes of 2016-12-12 TSC Call Agenda
      • MOTION to approve: Melva/Calvin
      • VOTE: all in favor
    • Confirm TSC San Antonio Attendance
      • Not attending: Andy
  • Review action items
    • Wayne to attend PIC call regarding ownership of co-chair handbook updates and look at change request process
      • Will be discussing at WGM
    • Wayne to get clarity from the Board on HL7 intentions for User Groups
      • Some concerns regarding cannibalizing WG participation - need to review definition of how they would operate
    • Wayne to research with EC if any decisions were made regarding extensions for items cited in regulation
    • Freida to ask GOC if TSC can adjust extension limit for items cited in regulation
      • EC is supportive of changing GOM to extend beyond two years without re-extending every year; have asked that TSC craft language. Paul: If not one year, then how many years? Wayne: Perhaps annual periodic review; bottom line is we need to do something with it.
        • Anne to add to WGM agenda
    • Calvin to take issue of ballot level change requests to SGB
      • SGB will discuss in San Antonio
    • Anne to send SWOT out for comment before WGM discussion
  • Approval item from previous e-votes approved 7/0/0 with Wayne, T3SD, DESD, FTSD, ARB, Jean, and Giorgio voting:
  • Discussion topics:
    • Standards Governance Board member terms
      • Some members were on one year terms: Calvin, Austin, and Lorraine
        • MOTION to reappoint Austin and Lorraine for a two year term on the SGB with Calvin serving as ex-officio: John/Tony
        • VOTE: All in favor
    • Implementation Guide Ballot Resolution (Paul/Lloyd McKenzie)
      • Topic came up on FMG. Relates to policy around ballot reconciliation for IGs; different groups are handling them differently. Some IGs are directly managed by WGs in the normal channels; some are handled by "projects" that are sponsored by a WG, but the work is not always done using WG processes. Work is sometimes happening in external forums without the sponsoring WG being directly involved in voting, etc. Lorraine: The WG is still responsible for the overall approval. Lloyd: The FMG is looking for an understanding of what exactly the expectations are for the disposition/reconciliation process for ballots on IGs. Is the expectation that all reconciliation must happen within the WG? A final vote must happen within the WG? Lorraine: Has to be consistent with the WGs DMPs. Some provide a chair to the WG call; all must approve the material going forward. Lloyd: So the expectation is that the WG must vote on accepting the reconciliation spreadsheet to allow the material to go forward, and it's up to the WG as to whether the discussion happens on regular WG calls, project calls with a WG designated chair, or is delegated to the project for discussion and debate knowing that the final recommendation will come back to WG. Paul: It all must be reviewed publically. Freida: There is a section in the cochair handbook regarding reconciliation that states the reconciliation should be posted in the ballot desktop, as well as incremental spreadsheets being posted. John: WG must control the process, not the project team.
        • ACTION: Wayne or Ken will review at cochair dinner
    • Communication of rules (continued from last call)
      • Will discuss at WGM
    • San Antonio Agenda
      • CTO Update - Q1
      • Essentialism and Organizational realignment - Q1
      • Revision/expansion of withdrawal template - Q2
      • Essentialism and Organizational realignment, continued - Q2
      • Developing requirements for logging issues/comments across standards - Calvin - Q3
      • Identifying and communicating essential rules - Q3
      • Extension for STUs cited in government regulation - Q4
      • TSC SWOT - Q4
      • Review of M&C for CDA product family management group - Q4
  • Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    • Dynamic location for updates to organizational decisions/principles
  • Adjourned at 11:33 AM Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.