2017-01-30 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2017-01-30
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts . Paul Knapp x Austin Kreisler . Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
  2. Review action items
    • Wayne to attend PIC meeting regarding ownership of co-chair handbook updates and look at change request process
    • Wayne to get clarity from the Board on HL7 intentions for User Groups
    • Calvin to take issue of ballot level change requests to SGB in San Antonio
    • Lynn/Dave to come back with proposal on what to do with comment-only withdrawals and update the template
    • Send out draft requirements for logging issues/comments across standards to the steering divisions and product management groups and gather feedback
  3. Approval items from the last e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Informative Publication Request by the CBCC WG of the DESD for HL7 Specification:Standards Privacy Impact Assessment (SPIA) Implementation Guide, Release 1 at Project Insight 1263 and TSC Tracker 12575
      • Referred by Freida and Wayne (regarding questions from Lynn). Q&A from Freida:
        • Q: Does the TSC wish to "Encourage" or "Mandate" this process, adopt this template, and put it on their documents page? Probably also need to add it to Templates and TSC Guidance.
        • A: Suggest “Encourage” vs. “Mandate, but how do you operationalize?
        • Q: Will the TSC accept the name change for the publication request?
        • A: Change is in the “Product Name” that is at WG’s discretion so I think the name change is OK, unless TSC wants to discourage ‘Cookbook’
  4. Approval items from the last e-vote approved 4/0/2 with T3SD, Jean, DESD, Freida, Wayne, and FTSD voting:
  5. Approval items for this week:
  6. Discussion topics:
    • SD Structure spreadsheet (Jean)
  7. Open Issues/Parking Lot
    • Dynamic location for updates to organizational decisions/principles
    • Extensions for STUs cited in government regulation - draft language for GOM update
    • Identifying and communicating essential rules


Minutes

  • Housekeeping
  • Review action items
    • Wayne to attend PIC meeting regarding ownership of co-chair handbook updates and look at change request process
      • Add for next week
    • Wayne to get clarity from the Board on HL7 intentions for User Groups
      • Wayne doesn't think the Board cares; may be an EC issue. W3C has a definition of an interest group that we may want to adopt. Wayne will send link for review by TSC. User group issue must be discussed with EC. Interest group would be similar to birds of a feather, separate from the user group issue. Ken: Should we form a group of Board and TSC members to flesh this out? John: Function of UGs is to find a place for people to gather as users with indirect access to the standards developers. Would like to be part of any discussions around that. Wayne: We've used a variety of terms - community of interest, user group, interest groups....we need to determine what terms we want to use.
        • ACTION: Anne to add W3C definition of interest group as discussion topic on next call. Wayne will send out document.
    • Calvin to take issue of ballot level change requests to SGB in San Antonio
      • SGB did not discuss it in San Antonio
      • ACTION: Anne to add to 2017-01-13 agenda
    • Lynn/Dave to come back with proposal on what to do with comment-only withdrawals and update the template
    • Send out draft requirements for logging issues/comments across standards to the steering divisions and product management groups and gather feedback
      • Revised ACTION: Get our list of requirements to Lloyd
      • ACTION: Lloyd to come back with combined requirements
  • Approval items from the last e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Informative Publication Request by the CBCC WG of the DESD for HL7 Specification:Standards Privacy Impact Assessment (SPIA) Implementation Guide, Release 1 at Project Insight 1263 and TSC Tracker 12575
      • Referred by Freida and Wayne (regarding questions from Lynn). Q&A from Freida:
        • Q: Does the TSC wish to "Encourage" or "Mandate" this process, adopt this template, and put it on their documents page? Probably also need to add it to Templates and TSC Guidance.
        • A: Suggest “Encourage” vs. “Mandate, but how do you operationalize?
          • Lorraine notes we haven't been willing in the past to go as far as mandating. If we want to mandate a quality or other process, then that should flow from Standards Governance into management process. Austin notes this question should be forwarded to SGB. Freida states that the TSC had PIC do an introducing new processes document. Do we still need that? Wayne: We should answer Lynn's questions. Do we want to make it TSC-encouraged guidance? Austin is suggesting the SGB is the place to answer that question. Freida will ask SGB to look at the Introducing New Processes document.
          • ACTION: Austin to take issue to SGB
          • ACTION: Freida to forward Project Services document to Austin/Anne
        • Q: Will the TSC accept the name change for the publication request?
        • A: Change is in the “Product Name” that is at WG’s discretion so I think the name change is OK, unless TSC wants to discourage ‘Cookbook’
          • Requested "HL7 Guidance: Standards Privacy Assessment (SPA) Cookbook, Release 1
          • MOTION to remove "Cookbook": Lorraine/Wayne
          • VOTE: All in favor
          • ACTION: Anne to update the WG and copy John and Melva
  • Approval items for this week:
  • Discussion topics:
    • SD Structure spreadsheet (Jean)
      • Jean presents ideas. Separates WGs into governance, methodology, logical content, and physical content for each family, with user groups and conceptual content underneath. Reviewed Jean's WG classification spreadsheet with these ideas plugged in. Point was to give a better idea of what the groups are actually doing. Lorraine: Do we want to add groups like HTA and ARB and how they fit in? Jean did include ARB. Discussion over classifying OO - products span a huge gamut. They've got DAMs, V2 IGs, V3 models and IGs, etc. and so on - they span across all of the product lines. Alternatively, other WGs are have a narrow span. Austin notes some of the old, original WGs vs. the SIGs that turned into WGs present differently. Lorraine: The broader ones look at a topic across product families. Melva: In the case of Pharmacy, our M&C isn't updated on the website. Might need to determine what needs to go into an M&C in order to make this process easier. Lorraine: We're also inconsistent over where we list who does what.
      • Next steps: If this chart is of value, Jean states it should have more Xs on V2 and FHIR. Then we can start looking at overlap. Ken asks if this is helpful work; group agrees it is. How do we want to proceed with T3SD?
        • ACTION: SD co-chairs to look at individual WGs to let Jean know where to add Xs by Friday
        • ACTION: Jean will reach out to publishing, FTSD, and FMG.
  • Adjourned at 12:02 PM Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Wayne to attend PIC meeting regarding ownership of co-chair handbook updates and look at change request process
  • Anne to add W3C definition of interest group as discussion topic on next call.
    • Wayne will send out associated document for review
  • Calvin to send draft requirements for logging issues/comments across standards to Lloyd; Lloyd to return with combined requirements
  • Regarding "HL7 Guidance: Standards Privacy Assessment (SPA) Cookbook, Release 1" - Austin to take issue of encouraging vs. mandating a process to SGB
    • Anne to update the WG regarding removal of the word "cookbook" from the title and copy John and Melva
    • Freida to forward PIC document for SGB review
  • SD Structure spreadsheet
    • SD co-chairs to look at individual WGs to let Jean know where to add Xs by Friday
    • Jean to reach out to publishing, FTSD, and FMG
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.