2017-02-13 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2017-MM-DD
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Austin Kreisler . Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote x Lynn Laakso . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote x Karen Van Hentenryck . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    • Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    • Agenda review and approval -
    • Approve Minutes of 2017-02-06 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Review action items
    • Wayne to attend PIC meeting regarding ownership of co-chair handbook updates and look at change request process
    • SGB to investigate adding a category for items under consideration for the future and come back with recommendation
    • Wayne to contact Lloyd regarding conforming to our current process regarding ballot reconciliation and check on tooling
  3. Approval Items from Previous Weeks with Followup
    • Informative Publication Request by the Clinical Genomics WG of the DESD for HL7 Domain Analysis Model: Clinical Sequencing at Project Insight 841 and TSC Tracker 12701
      • Referred by SSD-SD: Comments were submitted on this ballot, but there has been on reconciliation posted, nor has there been any communication to the ballot pool.
    • Referred by Freida: Suggest the 2nd page title be moved to cover page so product name is included and to avoid confusion with other clinical genomics DAM. Will this V3 DAM be in Master grid, or in V3 ballot with other V3 DAMS?
      • From Lynn: The Clinical Genomics DAM and Gene Sequencing DAM were two different ballots. Will appear in the master grid; will not be V3-specific.
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • STU Publication Request by the PCWG of the DESD for HL7 Coordination of Care Service (CCS) Functional Model, STU Release 1 at Project Insight 924 and TSC Tracker 12792
      • Referred by Freida: Motion to change title to conform with GOM naming convention, with "product type" preceding "product name." Corrected title: HL7 Functional Model Coordination of Care Service (CCS), STU Release 1
      • Referred by SSD-SD: No reconciliation spreadsheet has been posted nor has the ballot pool been contacted regarding this ballot
    • STU Extension Request by the PHER WG of the DESD for HL7 Version 2.6 Implementation Guide: Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) Results, Release 1 DSTU at Project Insight 898 and TSC Tracker 12794
      • Referred by SSE-SD: Propose limiting the extension to 6 months as we did with others last week
  5. Approval Items from last week's e-vote approved with votes from DESD, T3SD, Freida, SSD-SD, and Jean:
  6. Approval items for this week:
  7. Discussion topics:
  8. Open Issues List/Parking Lot

Minutes

  • Housekeeping
    • Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      • Karen here to discuss STU extensions
    • Agenda review and approval -
    • Approve Minutes of 2017-02-06 TSC Call Agenda
      • Minutes accepted via general consent
  • Review action items
    • Wayne to attend PIC meeting regarding ownership of co-chair handbook updates and look at change request process
    • SGB to investigate adding a category for items under consideration for the future and come back with recommendation
    • Wayne to contact Lloyd regarding conforming to our current process regarding ballot reconciliation and check on tooling
  • Approval Items from Previous Weeks with Followup
    • Informative Publication Request by the Clinical Genomics WG of the DESD for HL7 Domain Analysis Model: Clinical Sequencing at Project Insight 841 and TSC Tracker 12701
      • Referred by SSD-SD: Comments were submitted on this ballot, but there has been on reconciliation posted, nor has there been any communication to the ballot pool.
    • Referred by Freida: Suggest the 2nd page title be moved to cover page so product name is included and to avoid confusion with other clinical genomics DAM. Will this V3 DAM be in Master grid, or in V3 ballot with other V3 DAMS?
      • From Lynn: The Clinical Genomics DAM and Gene Sequencing DAM were two different ballots. Will appear in the master grid; will not be V3-specific.
        • MOTION to approve: Freida/Austin
        • VOTE: All in favor
  • Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • STU Publication Request by the PCWG of the DESD for HL7 Coordination of Care Service (CCS) Functional Model, STU Release 1 at Project Insight 924 and TSC Tracker 12792
      • Referred by Freida: Motion to change title to conform with GOM naming convention, with "product type" preceding "product name." Corrected title: HL7 Functional Model Coordination of Care Service (CCS), STU Release 1
        • Lynn notes that this is an SFM (service functional model). Does this need to be handled differently? Other services were published as V3 standards. TSC does not have to approve acronym as part of the title. Should submit for the GOM review cycle a family name for Services.
        • ACTION: Lynn and Lorraine to draft name
      • Referred by SSD-SD: No reconciliation spreadsheet has been posted nor has the ballot pool been contacted regarding this ballot
        • WG needs to be contacted on this one - they started but didn't complete.
        • ACTION: John/Melva to follow up with WG
        • ACTION: Add to next week's agenda
    • STU Extension Request by the PHER WG of the DESD for HL7 Version 2.6 Implementation Guide: Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) Results, Release 1 DSTU at Project Insight 898 and TSC Tracker 12794
      • Referred by SSD-SD: Propose limiting the extension to 6 months as we did with others last week
        • John notes that the org that authored it lost their COO and a co-chair passed away which is why this went unattended to. Austin notes that they've had a two year initial period plus a one year extension and now they want yet another one. Wayne: This is an unusual situation that we should consider. Austin notes that we need to communicate to these groups that they need to move on it.
          • MOTION to approve a 12 month extension for the purpose of them bringing it to ballot in the next year either as a Normative or STU ballot: Austin/John
          • VOTE: All in favor
          • Austin: It would be useful if we could gather metrics on extensions for particular projects. Freida: Dave talked to Project Services about those calculations; they were manual. Lynn suggests that we start with tracking in the project insight searchable database. Dave could put that in or Lynn could put it in the product brief. Ken: could that be a field that is added?
          • ACTION: Lynn will discuss with Dave and come back with a recommendation on 2017-02-27
  • Approval Items from last week's e-vote approved with votes from DESD, T3SD, Freida, SSD-SD, and Jean:
    • Normative Publication Request by the Pharmacy WG of the DESD for 'HL7 Version 3 Standard: Medication; Knowledge-Based Query, Release 1 (reaffirmation) at Project Insight 1286 and TSC Tracker 12793
    • Informative Publication Request by the BRIDG WG of the DESD for BRIDG R2 at Project Insight 1120 and TSC Tracker 12795
      • Wayne: The ballot reconciliation looked thin, but it met it by the numbers. Austin saw the same thing. Lorraine notes this is common on Informative docs. Outstanding negatives all came from one organization and they did not withdraw. Were found not persuasive. Wayne also notes that BRIDG name is an R2 and previous was R1 but they said it didn't replace it. Does R2 supersede?
        • MOTION to re-open the vote: Wayne/Paul
        • VOTE: All in favor
        • MOTION to go back to the WG to get clarification on R1 vs. R2: Wayne/Lorraine
        • VOTE: All in favor
        • ACTION: John will take issue to WG
  • Approval items for this week:
  • Discussion topics:
    • GOC discussion regarding STU extensions - Freida
      • GOC concluded that we should remove the notion of extensions, that an STU document would be published with a version number. Wayne states he feels there should be a life cycle associated with it. Paul and Ken agree. Lorraine agrees. Perhaps we remove the limit on extensions. Ken: Limit is customary but not law. Freida: We originally submitted a change request to clarify that, and in the process of that clarification, the GOC concluded we should remove extensions. Ken clarifies that the TSC believes we should have expirations on STUs. Paul: Two years is reasonable to be published. If it naturally expires, do we want people to resurrect or do we expect them to reballot? Freida: We added a resurrect option if the expiration was missed/they're still working on it. Lynn: Sometimes extensions come in after the end of the expiration - when I add the extension on, I add it to the original end of the STU period. Ken: If it does expire, we're not dropping it off the website - they go into an expired STU page. Paul asks if that is sufficient for regulatory need? Does it need to be an in force document? Ken: My understanding is that it just needs to be accessible. Paul: Would that be okay with normative? Discussion over differences with STU and Normative withdrawal/expiration. Ken: So we want the STUs to have a time limit and the ability to request extensions longer than a year when necessary. John: Even if an STU goes normative, its STU version may need to still have a life due to regulation. Freida: That gives us the flexibility and puts the decision point with the TSC. Justification will go on the request form.
        • MOTION: To Request a change to the first sentence of GOM section 13.02.07.02: A Work Group may petition the TSC to extend the trial use period of an STU, typically for up to one year from the end of the existing period, although a longer extension may be requested: Wayne/Freida
        • VOTE: All in favor
        • ACTION: Ken will address at Monday cochair dinner
    • Steering Division Structure spreadsheet - Jean
    • TSC Mission and Charter
      • Add to next week
    • SGB discussion regarding ballot level change requests - Calvin
      • Add to next week
  • Open Issues List/Parking Lot

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.