2017-03-13 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2017-MM-DD
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Austin Kreisler x Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote x Jay Lyle . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . obs2 .
. . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    • Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    • Agenda review and approval -
    • Approve Minutes of 2017-03-06 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Homework
  3. Review action items
    • Actions for HL7 Coordination of Care Service (CCS) Functional Model, STU Release 1
      • Freida to write up new Service product type for GOM update
      • John/Melva to follow up with WG regarding reconciliation
        • Update: Reconciliation is complete and posted; voters have been notified.
    • John to get clarification from WG regarding whether or not BRIDG R2 supersedes R1
    • Wayne will talk to Stan about leveraging what the LDS does for other purposes, such as grooming people to assume other types of leadership roles
  4. Approval Items from Previous Weeks with Followup:
    • Withdrawal Request by the CIC WG of the DESD for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Trauma Registry Data Submission, Release 2 - US Realm at Project Insight 1214 and TSC Tracker 12928
    • Project Approval Request by the CIC WG of the DESD for Trauma Registry Data Submission CDA Implementation Guide CDA R2 at Project Insight 1311 and TSC Tracker 12929
      • Freida notes that the WG's score is red in PBS metrics, although the project has some external funding. Austin is concerned that they had done a normative ballot first that is now being withdrawn. Wants to make sure that this isn't a mechanism to ignore input from balloters. Wants to see it written in the new PSS to implement the reconciliation of the previous withdrawn version so the balloters' work isn't lost.
      • Anne has invited Jay Lyle/cochairs to attend.
    • Project Approval Request by the RCRIM WG of the DESD for Structured Product Labeling (SPL R8) at Project Insight 1314 and TSC Tracker 12925
      • Freida notes that OO has not approved this version as a cosponsor.
  5. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Proposed Definition of Interest Group at TSC Tracker 12980
    • WG Formation Request for the Biomedical Research and Regulation WG of the DESD at TSC Tracker 12982
      • Referred by T3SD: For the definition of Interest Group (being a co-chair of one of the longest running interest groups at HL7 - AID) it specifies the assignment to a steering division but does not address how the issue WG Health for balloting is addressed. This has long been a sore point for the AID WG (IG).
      • Referred by T3SD: I do not understand why we are using a different process for merging RCRIM and BRIDG, this is being done very differently than what occurred for the merge of ES and Tooling which did not need a WG Formation request.
  6. Approval items for this week:
  7. Discussion topics:
    • SGB recommendations regarding ballot level change requests - Calvin
    • FHIR publication naming convention - Paul
    • Steering Division Structure spreadsheet
  8. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    • Ken to address STU extensions at the co-chair dinner
    • Anne to add managing membership on TSC to Madrid agenda
    • Wayne and Freida working on co-chair handbook update process

Minutes

  • Housekeeping
    • Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    • Agenda review and approval -
    • Approve Minutes of 2017-03-06 TSC Call Agenda
      • Minutes accepted via general consent
  • Homework
  • Review action items
    • Actions for HL7 Coordination of Care Service (CCS) Functional Model, STU Release 1
      • Freida to write up new Service product type for GOM update
        • Add for next week; work ongoing
      • John/Melva to follow up with WG regarding reconciliation
        • Update: Reconciliation is complete and posted; voters have been notified.
          • Suggested name: HL7 Service Functional Model: Coordination of Care Service, STU Release 1
    • John to get clarification from WG regarding whether or not BRIDG R2 supersedes R1
      • Add for next week
    • Wayne will talk to Stan about leveraging what the LDS does for other purposes, such as grooming people to assume other types of leadership roles
      • Add for next week
  • Approval Items from Previous Weeks with Followup:
    • Withdrawal Request by the CIC WG of the DESD for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Trauma Registry Data Submission, Release 2 - US Realm at Project Insight 1214 and TSC Tracker 12928
    • Project Approval Request by the CIC WG of the DESD for Trauma Registry Data Submission CDA Implementation Guide CDA R2 at Project Insight 1311 and TSC Tracker 12929
      • Freida notes that the WG's score is red in PBS metrics, although the project has some external funding. Austin is concerned that they had done a normative ballot first that is now being withdrawn. Wants to make sure that this isn't a mechanism to ignore input from balloters. Wants to see it written in the new PSS to implement the reconciliation of the previous withdrawn version so the balloters' work isn't lost.
      • Anne has invited Jay Lyle/cochairs to attend.
        • Jay here to discuss. Austin describes his concerns. Wants any concerns/comments that the ballots submitted are treated as requirements for the new iteration and that it's clearly documented in the new PSS. Jay is in agreement. Has added one clause to the PSS and more can be added. Andy: Why is it necessary to do a new PSS? Jay: The previous one was for a previous release that is over. Paul: If you've gone through reconciliation, why not post it? Jay: ANSI clock had run out. Reconciliation was published. Jay has added "including all previous ballot comments and resolutions" in 3g.
        • MOTION to accept: Austin/John
        • VOTE: All in favor
    • Project Approval Request by the RCRIM WG of the DESD for Structured Product Labeling (SPL R8) at Project Insight 1314 and TSC Tracker 12925
      • Freida notes that OO has not approved this version as a cosponsor. Anne to contact RCRIM for update.
        • Add for next week - no response yet.
  • Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Proposed Definition of Interest Group at TSC Tracker 12980
      • Referred by T3SD: For the definition of Interest Group (being a co-chair of one of the longest running interest groups at HL7 - AID) it specifies the assignment to a steering division but does not address how the issue WG Health for balloting is addressed. This has long been a sore point for the AID WG (IG).
        • Discussion over User Group vs. Interest Group. User Groups are spelled out in the GOM with requirements. Ken agrees that AID fits in with this definition. Andy states that we are missing the connection to WG health metrics. Ken states we're going to have to use WG health for groups creating artifacts. We need to look at these not as WGs but as other types of groups; we wouldn't categorize them the same way. Andy: But this definition has them reporting to steering divisions. Paul: We could make them have different reporting requirements based on their different activities. Andy: Yes, that would just need to be spelled out in the definition. Wayne: We could change "be assigned to" steering division. Anne edits the document to reflect that health would be determined separately. Melva wonders why they're being treated differently if they're balloting; Andy states that they're not required to ballot. Wayne: Interest Groups don't develop things that are on their way to normative. User groups fit in here, as well as HSI and the payer user group.
    • WG Formation Request for the Biomedical Research and Regulation WG of the DESD at TSC Tracker 12982
      • Referred by T3SD: I do not understand why we are using a different process for merging RCRIM and BRIDG, this is being done very differently than what occurred for the merge of ES and Tooling which did not need a WG Formation request.
        • Andy states this is very different. Tooling was shut down and ES was expanded. Wayne states he advised them to follow the GOM. There was not GOM advice when EST did this. Discussion over why the new WG form was submitted when they were renaming. Anne states it was needed to complete the HQ administrative tasks.
        • ACTION: Anne/Freida to clarify what the process is to change a WG name; existing GOM advice doesn't cover this exact situation.
        • MOTION to approve the name change via the WG formation form: Melva/Calvin
        • VOTE: All in favor
  • Approval items for this week:
  • Discussion topics:
    • SGB recommendations regarding ballot level change requests - Calvin
      • Calvin reviews ballot event slide. Ken wonders about window between ballot announcement and ballot open - should be changed to longer time. Andy notes people pull content up until ballot open. Cannot recall anyone pulling a ballot once it has opened.
        • ACTION: Add continued discussion for next week
    • FHIR publication naming convention - Paul
      • ACTION: Add continued discussion for next week
    • Steering Division Structure spreadsheet
      • ACTION: Add continued discussion for next week
  • Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    • Ken to address STU extensions at the co-chair dinner
    • Anne to add managing membership on TSC to Madrid agenda
    • Wayne and Freida working on co-chair handbook update process

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.