2017-03-20 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2017-03-20
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
Regrets Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
x Wayne Kubick Regrets Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Austin Kreisler x Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote x Lynn Laakso x Michelle Barry x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    • Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    • Agenda review and approval -
    • Approve Minutes of 2017-03-13 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Review action items
    • Actions for HL7 Coordination of Care Service (CCS) Functional Model, STU Release 1
      • Freida to write up new Service product type for GOM update
      • Suggested name: HL7 Service Functional Model: Coordination of Care Service, STU Release 1
    • John to get clarification from WG regarding whether or not BRIDG R2 supersedes R1
      • Update from Ed Helton: It does supersede R1.
    • Wayne will talk to Stan about leveraging what the LDS does for other purposes, such as grooming people to assume other types of leadership roles
    • Anne and Freida to clarify process for WG name change
  3. Approval Items from previous weeks with followup/continued discussion required:
  4. Approval items for today's call
  5. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • TSC Ballot Approval List
      • From SSD-SD:
        • For the last item, we need to discuss with the TSC on how to proceed with balloting project 1279, HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Consolidated CDA Templates for Clinical Notes; Additional Optional Templates, Release 1 - US Realm (PI ID: 1279). This is nearly the last item on the Ballot list. This probably warrants a discussion topic separate from the overall ballot list discussion, so can it be added as a separate topic? The ballot item in question was previously balloted in conjunction with Occupation Data for Health (a separate project). One of the lessons learned from that attempt to Ballot C-CDA Vol. 3 taught us that we need to ballot these projects separately. The request is to allow the UDI portion of the document to go to ballot this cycle, even though the ODH portion of the previous ballot doesn’t have its reconciliation completed.
    • STU Publication Request from the US Realm Steering Committee for HL7 FHIR Profile: US-Core, Release 1.0.0 at Project Insight 1143 and Project Insight 1265 and TSC Tracker 13061
      • ARB:
        • The requesting WG is not the one on the project. (1143 is InM; 1265 is FHIR-I) If the responsible WG changed then the project documentation should have been updated appropriately.
        • TSC needs to decide whether last minute publication requests should be accepted. We simply don't have enough time to evaluate the content being published.
        • TSC should also evaluate the practice of establishing a publishing date, then degrading the content to meet the publishing date. This is backwards from the way all other standards are done.
      • SSD-SD: We don’t want to prevent this from moving forward, but neither do we want to approve of the process used to get to this point. We agree with all the concerns raised by Tony below. For that reason SSD-SD Abstains
  6. Approval items from last week's e-votes approved 5/0/0:
  7. Approval items for this week:
  8. Discussion topics:
    • Tracking Extension Metrics - Lynn/Dave
    • Evaluating STU publication time periods
    • SGB recommendations regarding ballot level change requests - Calvin
    • FHIR publication naming convention - Paul
    • Steering Division Structure spreadsheet
  9. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    • Ken to address STU extensions at the co-chair dinner
    • Wayne and Freida working on co-chair handbook update process

Minutes

  • Housekeeping
    • Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    • Agenda review and approval -
    • Approve Minutes of 2017-03-13 TSC Call Agenda
      • Calvin: Where it was noted that no one has pulled a ballot once it has opened. John Roberts had noted that PHER had pulled one several years ago. Anne will update.
      • Minutes approved via general consent.
  • Review action items
    • Actions for HL7 Coordination of Care Service (CCS) Functional Model, STU Release 1
      • Freida to write up new Service product type for GOM update
      • Suggested name: HL7 Service Functional Model: Coordination of Care Service, STU Release 1
        • Complete; group reviews. SFM is not assigned to a particular family. Discussion over order/noting product family. Giorgio: We could use Service Functional Model and System Functional Model to differentiate. Freida: In the title we'd have system listed twice, although Wayne notes Service is listed twice in this example. Discussion over how many product types we want to consider. Freida: Is something further defined in the BAM?
        • ACTION: Tony to consult the BAM.
        • Lynn notes this is an STU and we have some time to consider naming before it goes Normative. Wayne notes that on the product grid, type reflects ballot as opposed to product - should be clarified. Wayne suggests that ARB should look at this issue. Paul: The word service at the beginning and at the end are referring to different things. We could either approve the product type or we could approve the document and postpone adding the new product type until later, or we could approve both.
        • MOTION to approve publication using the term Service Functional model recognizing that ARB will review and this category may be changed to something else: Paul/Jean
        • VOTE: All in favor
    • John to get clarification from WG regarding whether or not BRIDG R2 supersedes R1
      • Update from Ed Helton: It does supersede R1.
        • MOTION to approve the document: John/Sandy
        • VOTE: All in favor
    • Wayne will talk to Stan about leveraging what the LDS does for other purposes, such as grooming people to assume other types of leadership roles
      • Wayne will meet with him tomorrow. Add for next week.
    • Anne and Freida to clarify process for WG name change
      • Add for next week.
  • Approval Items from previous weeks with followup/continued discussion required:
  • Approval items for today's call
  • Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • TSC Ballot Approval List
      • Need TSC approval by 3/26
      • MOTION to remove 1309 from the ballot as it did not meet timelines: Melva/Paul
      • VOTE: All in favor
      • 1216: Discussion over release number. Decision that Release 1 is appropriate. Two documents are coming out of one project. Discussion that when that happens, a separate project should be initiated.
        • ACTION: Take to SGB
      • From SSD-SD:
        • For the last item, we need to discuss with the TSC on how to proceed with balloting project 1279, HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Consolidated CDA Templates for Clinical Notes; Additional Optional Templates, Release 1 - US Realm (PI ID: 1279). This is nearly the last item on the Ballot list. This probably warrants a discussion topic separate from the overall ballot list discussion, so can it be added as a separate topic? The ballot item in question was previously balloted in conjunction with Occupation Data for Health (a separate project). One of the lessons learned from that attempt to Ballot C-CDA Vol. 3 taught us that we need to ballot these projects separately. The request is to allow the UDI portion of the document to go to ballot this cycle, even though the ODH portion of the previous ballot doesn’t have its reconciliation completed.
          • Paul: Could you publish the part of the reconciliation that pertains to it, then ballot for comment?
          • MOTION on 1279 to authorize Structured Docs to approve the partial reconciliation for the UDI portion and post it as normal with ballot pool notification; then move forward with balloting as STU: Austin/Paul
          • Discussion: John notes that this would mean publishing an STU with unresolved content. Paul: This is just balloting. Would not be allowed to publish without the full reconciliation. Lynn: If it were amended to comment only, I would be more comfortable.
          • AMENDED MOTION on 1279 to authorize Structured Docs to approve the partial reconciliation for the UDI portion and post it as normal with ballot pool notification; then move forward with balloting as Comment only: Austin/Paul
          • VOTE: All in favor
        • 1202 - needs US Realm added to name
        • 816: Asking for name to be release 2 but it is the 2nd STU release of Release 1
          • MOTION to approve the items for ballot other than those going to e-vote this week: Melva/Freida
          • VOTE: All in favor
  • Add remaining items to next week
  • Adjourned at 12:02 pm Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.