2017-04-17 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2017-MM-DD
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin . Tony Julian . Jean Duteau . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
x Wayne Kubick . Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe . Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Austin Kreisler x Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 x Dave Hamill
. . . . obs2 x Lynn Laakso


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    • Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    • Agenda review and approval -
    • Approve Minutes of 2017-04-10 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Review action items
    • Paul to check back with CIMI WG on concerns regarding Project Approval Request of Integration of Information Models and Tools (IIM&T)
    • Paul to follow up on improper dispositions on negative votes on STU Publication Request by the ITS WG of the FTSD for HL7 Cross-Paradigm Specification: FHIRPath at Project Insight 1237 and TSC Tracker 13165
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
  4. Approval items for this week:
  5. Discussion topics:
    • Tracking Extension Metrics - Dave/Lynn
    • Standards Withdrawal Project update - Dave/Lynn
    • Motion from US Realm that they prefer to designate a member sitting on both TSC and US Realm to take on role of approving documents for publication from a US Realm perspective.
    • FHIR Ballot Level Issues - Paul
    • FHIR publication naming - Wayne
    • SGB recommendations regarding ballot level change requests - Calvin
    • Publication Request Review Timelines
      • MOTION to require a minimum 72-hour review period for all material before publication request can be granted - Tony
    • Recommendation from SGB regarding process changes which affect standards development - Paul
      • Note: SGB does not see a need for changes to the Project Services "Introducing New Processes" document
  6. Open Issues List/Parking Lot

Minutes

  • Housekeeping
    • Ken notes that Attachments has scheduled an out of cycle meeting. They made the announcement but we have not seen a request for approval from them. Ken asked for a request to be submitted but we have not seen it yet - the group simply resubmitted the announcement. The GOM asserts that you must ask for permission from TSC to have out of cycle meetings, with request in time to announce 30 days before the meeting. Discussion over what to do now/how to respond. Calvin asks how out of cycles fit in for cost structure. Melva notes there is usually no cost. Austin notes it is in conjunction with WEDI and HQ isn't involved in registration. Wayne: Either they hold the meeting and it's not an official HL7 meeting or they get special dispensation. Paul: It would be hard to deny them the ability to have the meeting, but we tell them they must follow the process from now on.
      • MOTION to approve as official HL7 out of cycle/special meeting and forward the committee the proper procedure to use in the future; if they don't follow the procedure in the future, the meetings will not be approved: Melva/Paul
      • VOTE: All in favor
      • ACTION: Melva to forward form for them to fill out with explanations with response required by COB tomorrow
    • Further discussion over having a meeting that competes with WGM. Noted that we use the term out of cycle meeting but it is "special" meeting in the GOM. Freida writing up change request. Austin: Is HQ opening a channel with WEDI so they know it needs to come through HQ? WEDI should know that in the future those sorts of requests should come from staff. Melva notes that the Payer user group meetings may be causing issues with people thinking that they can just go off and do this. Paul notes that Connectathon no longer need permission...they require permission for trademark but not for the meeting. May want to think on that. There was a documented process that has now been suspended by FMG.
      • Anne to add to parking lot topics
    • Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    • Agenda review and approval -
      • Agenda approved
    • Approve Minutes of 2017-04-10 TSC Call Agenda
      • Minutes accepted via general consent
  • Review action items
    • Paul to check back with CIMI WG on concerns regarding Project Approval Request of Integration of Information Models and Tools (IIM&T)
      • Have update document but still needs other approvals
    • Paul to follow up on improper dispositions on negative votes on STU Publication Request by the ITS WG of the FTSD for HL7 Cross-Paradigm Specification: FHIRPath at Project Insight 1237 and TSC Tracker 13165
      • No response yet
  • Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Project Approval Request by the ARB for Substantive Change Definition and Documentation at Project Insight 1259 and TSC Tracker 9799
      • Referred by T3SD: I don’t believe we should pre-approve prior to receiving co-sponsor approvals. Publishing is not set to review the PSS until April 24.
        • Tabled until next week
  • Approval items for this week:
    • Pharmacy publication request
  • Discussion topics:
    • Tracking Extension Metrics - Dave/Lynn
      • This topic was so TSC could track metrics on STU extensions, including communicating when they get to their halfway point. Dave/Lynn met. Lynn reports that they could make some modifications to draw a report using the same queries on the back end as we use for other reports. We could enhance the reports or we could add info to the dashboard - dashboard indicates expired STUs but does not indicate whether they've had extensions or if they're about to expire within a time period. Would require a good deal of research because the info comes from a couple of different places. Lynn offers that she could mock up an example. Wayne: The problem is we don't want STUs to linger on - we want them to move towards conclusion; want to remind people that they need to do something. Lynn: There is an idle ballot component through PBS metrics, but it's not getting reviewed. It's after the fact, it's not warning people. Could email associated listserve regarding upcoming expirations within a certain number of months. Discussion over dashboard (passive) vs. notifications (active). Freida: Perhaps we could ask at the cochair dinner. Discussion over whether it's included in WG health - answer is it's not currently. Could help to put it there. Wayne: Not hearing disagreement over listserve notification. Paul: Do they take action immediately upon the expiration or is there a grace period for extension, withdrawal, or movement to Normative? Extensions occur before it expires. Once expired, it needs to be withdrawn and there could be a grace period. Wayne: We just don't want them to expire unintentionally. Dave: So we want to increase communication so when they expire they're handled appropriately. We do want increased reporting and communication. We can look at dinging them or not at a later time.
      • MOTION to implement: Paul/Melva
      • VOTE: All in favor
    • ACTION: Dave to create PSS
    • Discussion over next steps. A formal withdrawal allows Lynn to close the ballot record so we can keep project list current and remove it from list of active NIBs. Paul: 3 months after expiring we could deem it withdrawn if the WG hasn't completed a withdrawal for it. Wayne agrees. Paul: We need to communicate that extra step. Decision to discuss at cochair dinner and then look at formalizing next steps.
        • ACTION: Add to cochair dinner topics
    • Standards Withdrawal Project update - Dave/Lynn
      • Lynn was to draft cover page for withdrawn standards and work on master grid ramifications. The withdrawal template was approved by TSC but has not been moved to production. Should we move to production and announce at co-chair dinner?
        • ACTION: Lynn to send draft cover pages to TSC list.
    • Motion from US Realm that they prefer to designate a member sitting on both TSC and US Realm to take on role of approving documents for publication from a US Realm perspective.
      • Lorraine, Paul, Calvin, Austin, Wayne are all on US Realm. Paul: If the good with is coming forward for publication is at variance with what US Realm had previously approved, then there would be input back to US Realm. Calvin: If we sit on both committees, we could raise the concern to US Realm.
      • MOTION to accept US Realm's proposal that US Realm members sitting on TSC can take on role of identifying US realm issues with publication requests: Calvin/Paul
      • VOTE: All in favor
  • Add to future agenda: WGs not meeting at international meetings/out of cycle meeting scheduling
  • Carry forward to next week:
    • FHIR Ballot Level Issues - Paul
    • FHIR publication naming - Wayne
    • SGB recommendations regarding ballot level change requests - Calvin
    • Publication Request Review Timelines
      • MOTION to require a minimum 72-hour review period for all material before publication request can be granted - Tony
    • Recommendation from SGB regarding process changes which affect standards development - Paul
      • Note: SGB does not see a need for changes to the Project Services "Introducing New Processes" document

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.