2017-04-24 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2017-04-24
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x. Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli . Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Russ Hamm Regrets Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Austin Kreisler x Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 x Lynn Laakso


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    • Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    • Agenda review and approval -
    • Approve Minutes of 2017-04-17 TSC Call Agenda
    • Confirm Madrid attendance
  2. Homework
    • Review Madrid agenda
    • Review TSC essentialism WG spreadsheet draft
    • Review withdrawal of standard - cover page drafts
  3. Review action items
    • Paul to check back with CIMI WG on concerns regarding Project Approval Request of Integration of Information Models and Tools (IIM&T)
  4. Approval items from previous weeks referred for discussion:
  5. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • STU Publication Request by the Pharmacy WG of the DESD for HL7 FHIR® Profile: Pharmacy; Medication, Release 1 at Project Insight 1291 and TSC Tracker 13215
      • Referred by SSD-SD: Ballot reconciliation included Negatives disposed with disallowed dispositions such as “Consider – No action Required” and “Considered for Future Use”. One was marked as withdrawn but the other is not.
    • Out of Cycle Meeting Request by the Attachments WG at TSC Tracker 13214
      • Referred by SSD-SD: One of the topics for the out of cycle meeting appears to related to HL7 HQ business activity: Create ‘HL7 Store’ to put Attachment documents on their website. Need clarification regarding what website is being referenced. Is it HL7, which already has a Store, or is the Attachments work group talking about an HL7 store somewhere else. Is that sort of activity appropriate for an HL7 work group to engage in? Is HL7 HQ and Executive leadership engaged in that commercial activity?
  6. Approval items for this week:
  7. Discussion topics:
    • FHIR Ballot Level Issues - Paul
    • FHIR publication naming - Wayne
    • SGB recommendations regarding ballot level change requests - Calvin
    • Publication Request Review Timelines
      • MOTION to require a minimum 72-hour review period for all material before publication request can be granted - Tony
    • Recommendation from SGB regarding process changes which affect standards development - Paul
      • Note: SGB does not see a need for changes to the Project Services "Introducing New Processes" document
  8. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    • WGs not meeting at international meetings/out of cycle meeting scheduling
    • SGB recommendation on adding a category of ballot disposition for items under consideration for the future
    • Ken to address STU extensions and standards expiration/extension/withdrawal process at the co-chair dinner
    • Wayne and Freida working on co-chair handbook update process

Minutes

  • Housekeeping
    • Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      • Lynn Laakso here
    • Agenda review and approval -
      • No additions
    • Approve Minutes of 2017-04-17 TSC Call Agenda
      • Minutes accepted via general consent
    • Confirm Madrid attendance
      • Not attending: Russ, Andy, Freida
  • Homework
    • Review Madrid agenda
    • Review TSC essentialism WG spreadsheet draft
      • ACTION: Anne to send out a link to Google spreadsheet
    • Review withdrawal of standard - cover page drafts
      • One comment from Freida was to put a generic placeholder in the footer at the bottom of page 2 for the name of the document.
      • MOTION to approve cover pages with that change: Freida/Lorraine
      • VOTE: All in favor
  • Review action items
    • Paul to check back with CIMI WG on concerns regarding Project Approval Request of Integration of Information Models and Tools (IIM&T)
      • Have not heard - will reach out.
    • Paul to follow up on improper dispositions on negative votes on STU Publication Request by the ITS WG of the FTSD for HL7 Cross-Paradigm Specification: FHIRPath at Project Insight 1237 and TSC Tracker 13165
      • Add for next week
  • Approval items from previous weeks:
    • Project Approval Request by the ARB for Substantive Change Definition and Documentation at Project Insight 1259 and TSC Tracker 9799
      • Referred by T3SD: I don’t believe we should pre-approve prior to receiving co-sponsor approvals. Publishing is not set to review the PSS until April 24.
        • Lorraine happy to leave it until Publishing has looked at it. Do have approval from PIC. Discussion over past problem with moving something forward conditionally; this is not an ANSI issue though. Decision to hold off until all approvals gathered.
  • Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • STU Publication Request by the Pharmacy WG of the DESD for HL7 FHIR® Profile: Pharmacy; Medication, Release 1 at Project Insight 1291 and TSC Tracker 13215
      • ACTION: Melva will take back to Pharmacy
      • ACTION: Ken will raise the issue on Monday night
    • Out of Cycle Meeting Request by the Attachments WG at TSC Tracker 13214
      • Melva has also not gotten confirmation from the WG that they will follow the rules in the future and take back decisions made at this OOC meeting for final approval.
      • Freida notes that TSC has to approve OOC meetings unless it's in lieu of a WGM, and this one seems like it is. Ken suggests we need an update to the special meeting process to give more time for TSC review before the 30 day notice to participants. Lorraine: If a WG decides to hold an OOC in lieu of a WGM, they must start the process by 30 days following the previous WGM. Paul notes that meeting room requests have to be in 2 weeks after the WGM. Freida: The GOM states that they should schedule meetings more than 90 days in advance. Melva notes they approved this in January but didn't communicate it. Freida notes that the template also needs to be updated to reflect the rules.
        • ACTION: Add for next week
        • ACTION: Wayne will email group to clarify what the statement regarding HL7 store means.
  • Discussion topics:
    • FHIR Ballot Level Issues - Paul
      • Grahame is writing up an explanation to go to Wayne/SGB and then to this group.
    • FHIR publication naming - Wayne
      • When publishing, release is usually about the version. FHIR is looking to use Release differently. Discussion over implications. Ken: Perhaps we reach out to marketing expert on staff for advice. Lorraine: We should look at representative organizations to look at how they do it. Wayne will take a look. We don't use version the same way other organizations do either. Need a list of examples.
        • ACTION: Wayne to look at examples; add for Sunday in Madrid
    • SGB recommendations regarding ballot level change requests - Calvin
      • Add for next week
    • Publication Request Review Timelines
      • MOTION to require a minimum 72-hour review period for all material before publication request can be granted - Tony/Andy
      • Discussion over where and how to document the rule. Notes that this was because of FHIR publication deadlines with external drivers. Could be documented in the form or using the date or time stamp that is entered into gforge. Andy suggests adding a publication date requested to the form with a note that the request must be submitted 72 hours or more before that date. Paul notes it's the materials we want 72 hours or more as well. TSC approved FHIR publication before the material was created. Wayne suggests at least 15 days in advance but no less than 72 hours in advance.
      • Amended MOTION to require publication requests to be submitted to allow at least a 15 business-day review period in advance of publication (with no less than a minimum of 3 business-day review period for emergencies) for all material before publication request can be granted - Tony/Andy
      • VOTE: All in favor
    • Recommendation from SGB regarding process changes which affect standards development - Paul
      • Note: SGB does not see a need for changes to the Project Services "Introducing New Processes" document
        • Add for next week

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.