2017-05-22 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2017-05-22
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin . Tony Julian . Jean Duteau Regrets Freida Hall, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick Regrets Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe . Andy Stechishin
Regrets John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Austin Kreisler x Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
  2. Review action items
    • Melva, Jean, John, Calvin will review existing WGs and report at the 2017-06-05 TSC meeting
    • Ask EC to find out what the costs are for Sunday at WGM so that, along with existing Mon – Fri rate, we could offer a similarly discounted Sunday – Friday rate as well
    • Ken will follow up with Lynn to find out about out of cycle timelines re: upcoming FHIR ballots
    • Calvin will assist with the FHIR naming issue. Lloyd will provide some examples.
    • TSC to review Mission and Charter guidelines and send out to WGs for review with expected tasks/deadlines
    • Anne to add a link under additional resources to the TSC wiki for TSC decisions
  3. Approval items from the last e-vote approved 7/0/0 with T3SD, Jean, Wayne, Freida, SSD-SD, FTSD, and Giorgio voting:
  4. Approval items for this week:
  5. Discussion topics:
    • Carryover topics from WGM:
      • EST/Tooling update
      • ARB Recommendations to TSC:
        • Project Scope Statements not include acronyms that are not spelled out. Rationale: outsiders will use the search function to find the project. Example is the LOINC – IVD Test Code (LIVD) Mapping – you can search project insight for LIVD, New members would search "invitro device" it will not show up.
        • CIMI project: Should be reviewed for compliance with HL7 processes. Should be requested to produce an integration strategy.
      • Product family addition to support CIMI
      • SGB recommendations regarding ballot level change requests - Calvin
  6. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    • SGB recommendation on adding a category of ballot disposition for items under consideration for the future
    • Wayne and Freida working on co-chair handbook update process
    • FHIR Ballot level issues - waiting for written explanation from Grahame
    • Calvin/Austin will work on pulling out WG relationships and making a mapping for September meeting

Minutes

  • Housekeeping
  • Review action items
    • Melva, Jean, John, Calvin will review existing WGs and report at the 2017-06-05 TSC meeting
    • Ask EC to find out what the costs are for Sunday at WGM so that, along with existing Mon – Fri rate, we could offer a similarly discounted Sunday – Friday rate as well
    • Ken will follow up with Lynn to find out about out of cycle timelines re: upcoming FHIR ballots
      • Paul asks for clarification on this issue and group reviews conversation from WGM.
    • Calvin will assist with the FHIR naming issue. Lloyd will provide some examples.
      • Calvin will reach out to Lloyd
    • TSC to review Mission and Charter guidelines and send out to WGs for review with expected tasks/deadlines
    • Anne to add a link under additional resources to the TSC wiki for TSC decisions
  • Discussion topics:
    • Carryover topics from WGM:
      • EST/Tooling update
        • Add for next time.
      • ARB Recommendations to TSC:
        • Project Scope Statements not include acronyms that are not spelled out. Rationale: outsiders will use the search function to find the project. Example is the LOINC – IVD Test Code (LIVD) Mapping – you can search project insight for LIVD, New members would search "invitro device" it will not show up.
        • CIMI project: Should be reviewed for compliance with HL7 processes. Should be requested to produce an integration strategy.
          • Neither Tony nor Lorraine present to discuss; move forward to next agenda. Paul asks if the acronym guidance applies to publication requests as well? Will add question to discussion next time.
      • Product family addition to support CIMI
        • Add to next agenda
      • SGB recommendations regarding ballot level change requests - Calvin
        • Add for next time.
      • Melva raises an issue for a project from Patient Care. Patient Care has little involvement in the project; there are many negative votes on the DESD e-vote because people who should be involved aren't. Jay Lyle has been assigned to help resolve some of the issues. Looking for guidance around what other SDs do around this kind of thing. It doesn't seem to really be a Patient Care topic and it just doesn't feel right. Paul: We try to do the same thing you're doing and find a happier home for the project. Sounds like it didn't' have a good scope fit; would look at OO or devices if it's talking about generic data sharing between devices. Ioana (project lead) states she couldn't get any traction from the other groups, and it floated around until Patient Care approved it but they have not been involved. There are a great number of cosponsors on the project. It is VA driven and the work is mostly done. Paul: I think we should engage groups that are appropriate for the scope and if they're not willing to sponsor, we need to find out why. Melva: We need to have more input pre-PSS, perhaps. Calvin: The US Realm started because of shopping; we put a process in place to sort things out. Nothing similar in the universal space. Ken affirms that Melva is handling things appropriately. Paul suggests sending a copy of the PSS to Lorraine and Hans for their guidance to see if it fits in their space. Melva notes that OO is a cosponsor but the copy she has doesn't have cosponsor approval dates. Will follow up.
      • Sandy asks about out of cycle meeting decisions and if the decisions are binding. Ken responds no, they are not. You have to bring back the decisions to the larger group, which is in the GOM. Sandy reports that she is getting pushback from the recent OOC meeting on the issue on whether or not the decisions are binding since conference calls are binding. Ken: This is a special event that doesn't follow our normal protocols. Because of that, the GOM states that you can't bind this. Regular conference calls are part of the normal process under the DMP.
  • No meeting next week. Next meeting 2017-06-05.
  • Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    • SGB recommendation on adding a category of ballot disposition for items under consideration for the future
      • Recommendation has been put together and will review next time.
    • Wayne and Freida working on co-chair handbook update process
    • FHIR Ballot level issues - waiting for written explanation from Grahame
    • Calvin/Austin will work on pulling out WG relationships and making a mapping for September meeting

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.