2017-06-12 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2017-06-12
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
Regrets Melva Peters . Russ Hamm . Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Austin Kreisler x Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote x Ken Kawamoto . obs1 . Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    • Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    • Agenda review and approval -
    • Approve Minutes of 2017-06-05 TSC Call Agenda
    • Question regarding TSC Nominating Committee (Anne)
  2. Review action items
    • Melva, Jean, John, Calvin will review existing WGs and report at the 2017-06-05 TSC meeting
    • Ken will follow up with Lynn to find out about out of cycle timelines re: upcoming FHIR ballots
    • Calvin will assist with the FHIR naming issue. Lloyd will provide some examples.
      • Calvin will reach out to Lloyd
    • TSC to review Mission and Charter guidelines and send out to WGs for review with expected tasks/deadlines
    • Anne to add a link under additional resources to the TSC wiki for TSC decisions
    • Ask EC to find out what the costs are for Sunday at WGM so that, along with existing Mon – Fri rate, we could offer a similarly discounted Sunday – Friday rate as well
  3. Approval items from previous weeks with followup:
    • CDS STU extension requests
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • STU Publication Request by the CQI WG of the DESD for HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: Clinical Quality Language (CQL)-based Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF) - Release 1, STU 2 - US Realm at Project Insight 1142 and TSC Tracker 13490
      • Referred by SSD-SD: Several negatives in the ballot reconciliation have been dispositioned with “Considered, No Action Required” and “Referred and Tracked” which are not allowed dispositions for negatives per the GOM. This needs to be sent back to the work group so the negatives can be properly addressed.
  5. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 8/0/0 with Freida, Giorgio, T3SD, SSD-SD, FTSD, DESD, ARB, and Jean voting:
  6. Approval items for this week:
  7. Discussion topics:
    • STU Extension Request by the PHER WG of the DESD for HL7 CDA R2 Implementation Guide: National Health Care Surveys (NHCS), R1 DSTU Release 1.2 - US Realm at Project Insight 1002 and TSC Tracker 13429 for 28 months
    • Width/breadth of CIMI project - continued from lat week
    • Removing co-chair email addresses from www.HL7.org - Wayne
    • Carryover topics from WGM:
      • EST/Tooling update
      • ARB Recommendations to TSC:
        • Project Scope Statements not include acronyms that are not spelled out. Rationale: outsiders will use the search function to find the project. Example is the LOINC – IVD Test Code (LIVD) Mapping – you can search project insight for LIVD, New members would search "invitro device" it will not show up.
        • CIMI project: Should be reviewed for compliance with HL7 processes. Should be requested to produce an integration strategy.
      • Product family addition to support CIMI
      • SGB recommendations regarding ballot level change requests - Calvin
      • Review of draft SGB recommendation on adding a category of ballot disposition for items under consideration for the future
  8. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    • Wayne and Freida working on co-chair handbook update process
    • FHIR Ballot level issues - waiting for written explanation from Grahame
    • Calvin/Austin will work on pulling out WG relationships and making a mapping for September meeting

Minutes

  • Housekeeping
    • Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    • Agenda review and approval -
    • Approve Minutes of 2017-06-05 TSC Call Agenda
      • Accepted via general consent
    • Question regarding TSC Nominating Committee (Anne)
      • Paul/Austin will take lead on forming the committee and will contact Karen; will have a call today at 1:00 pm Eastern
  • Review action items
    • Melva, Jean, John, Calvin will review existing WGs and report at the 2017-06-05 TSC meeting
      • Jean reports they had a meeting last week; will report next week.
    • Ken will follow up with Lynn to find out about out of cycle timelines re: upcoming FHIR ballots
    • Calvin will assist with the FHIR naming issue. Lloyd will provide some examples.
      • Calvin will reach out to Lloyd
    • TSC to review Mission and Charter guidelines and send out to WGs for review with expected tasks/deadlines
      • Will review Ken's message draft on 2017-06-19. WGs should review by 2017-08-01
    • Anne to add a link under additional resources to the TSC wiki for TSC decisions
    • Ask EC to find out what the costs are for Sunday at WGM so that, along with existing Mon – Fri rate, we could offer a similarly discounted Sunday – Friday rate as well
      • Add all to next week
  • Approval items from previous weeks with followup:
    • CDS STU extension requests
      • Ken Kawamoto here to discuss. TSC had already extended all of them. Question was what to do with them and whether or not TSC can extend more than once. Austin notes that we voted to extend these for 6 months to bring them to Normative. There were no comments in the STU database to support continuation. Discussion over whether to withdraw or take to Normative. Ken K. notes that these are STUs of previously normative specifications that have implementations. Lack of comments is because they've been around for some time. Reason we were holding off on taking to normative is that we're working on replacements; were going to reballot as STUs but were told that we shouldn't, that we should put in extension requests instead because there was no change to be balloted. Jean: If there are no comments then it indicates that it's ready for Normative. Ken: WG already voted to do so if that was the recommendation of the TSC, so they will submit the NIBs.
      • Ken K. departs. Jean asks about the inconsistency that was noted in the conversation where they were told to extend rather than reballot at STUs. Paul notes that they may be taking material to ballot that they will deprecate in the next cycle. Austin: They can choose to do nothing for the moment and just have the STUs in the lapsed state.
  • Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • STU Publication Request by the CQI WG of the DESD for HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: Clinical Quality Language (CQL)-based Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF) - Release 1, STU 2 - US Realm at Project Insight 1142 and TSC Tracker 13490
      • Referred by SSD-SD: Several negatives in the ballot reconciliation have been dispositioned with “Considered, No Action Required” and “Referred and Tracked” which are not allowed dispositions for negatives per the GOM. This needs to be sent back to the work group so the negatives can be properly addressed.
        • Discussion over appropriateness of these dispositions. "Not Persuasive" is the appropriate disposition but it can't be applied to a negative. Lorraine notes that we've acknowledged a problem with this and are working to change it but the change isn't complete.
          • MOTION: Send back to WG to say that they have used inappropriate dispositions for negatives: Austin/Jean
          • VOTE: All in favor
          • ACTION: Ken will contact WG with this information
          • Paul notes that the FHIR path pub request had a similar issue that has been resolved.
          • ACTION: Anne to re-send FHIR path request for e-vote
          • Discussion over how to manage in the future. For now, will reinforce at cochair dinner in September once new disposition has been added. Tony notes that the verbiage in the GOM is "is expected" and should likely be changed to "shall." Instructions are more explicit in the ballot spreadsheet. Freida notes that in STUs, there is not a requirement to resolve negatives at all. Tony: One paragraph says each negative comment has to be resolved, but then another says it's not a requirement. Austin: IN the past the TSC has asserted that STUs and Normatives should be following the same process when it comes to reconciliation.
          • ACTION: Austin will research instances in which the TSC has asserted that STUs and Normatives should follow the same reconciliation process.
          • ACTION: Add to next week's agenda - alignment between Normative and STU ballot dispositions
  • Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 8/0/0 with Freida, Giorgio, T3SD, SSD-SD, FTSD, DESD, ARB, and Jean voting:
    • Project Approval Request by the OO WG of the SSD-SD for LOINC - IVD Test Code (LIVD) Mapping at Project Insight 1335 and TSC Tracker 13491
    • Review and Approval of Updated SSD-SD Mission and Charter at TSC Tracker 13492
      • Ken notes that there is another step after approval. How do we evaluate this and determine if we need to make a change to the SD and add to it? Freida suggests a checklist could help. This came out of discussions at the Madrid WGM where WGs and SDs were charged to review their M&Cs to see if their scope/name was still appropriate. Austin: M&C review stops at the SD. Ken: I thought we agreed we would get them to the TSC as part of the essentialism project. Austin: We need to reinforce that message to them. Lorraine: There are some WGs who are confused about the message.
        • ACTION: Ken will craft a statement regarding getting M&C to SD for TSC review; will review message to WGs next week.
        • ACTION: Anne to add to homework for next week
        • Anne asks what the next steps are on this approval. Should changes to the website be made at this point, for example, to change SSD to Domain Foundations (DF)? Wayne states that we should hold off on the public-facing changes until we have this more fleshed out. Freida notes that there is no defined process for changing a steering division name. But we did approve the change this week in e-vote.
        • Agreement that name change has occurred based on the vote. Ken suggests that we hold off on the website changes until we have more information on what the other steering divisions will do as far as changes, so all changes can be made at once. Austin is fine with that as long as we're not rolling back the overall change.
  • Discussion topics:
    • STU Extension Request by the PHER WG of the DESD for HL7 CDA R2 Implementation Guide: National Health Care Surveys (NHCS), R1 DSTU Release 1.2 - US Realm at Project Insight 1002 and TSC Tracker 13429 for 28 months
    • Width/breadth of CIMI project - continued from lat week
    • Removing co-chair email addresses from www.HL7.org - Wayne
    • Carryover topics from WGM:
      • EST/Tooling update
      • ARB Recommendations to TSC:
        • Project Scope Statements not include acronyms that are not spelled out. Rationale: outsiders will use the search function to find the project. Example is the LOINC – IVD Test Code (LIVD) Mapping – you can search project insight for LIVD, New members would search "invitro device" it will not show up.
        • CIMI project: Should be reviewed for compliance with HL7 processes. Should be requested to produce an integration strategy.
      • Product family addition to support CIMI
      • SGB recommendations regarding ballot level change requests - Calvin
      • Review of draft SGB recommendation on adding a category of ballot disposition for items under consideration for the future
        • Add all to next week
  • Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    • Wayne and Freida working on co-chair handbook update process
    • FHIR Ballot level issues - waiting for written explanation from Grahame
    • Calvin/Austin will work on pulling out WG relationships and making a mapping for September meeting

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.